2015 Mustang V6 Exhaust Sound Clip Thread

Baso

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bassem
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 2016 Mustang V6
That sounds really good. I don’t hear any drone. Can you confirm that there wasn’t any drone?
Thanks! It does drone when cruising at around 40ish mph. Doesn't bother me though, you get used to it.

Cafasco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Thanks! It does drone when cruising at around 40ish mph. Doesn't bother me though, you get used to it.
Thanks! I might try the S Type or Touring mufflers. I don’t tolerate any drone very well anymore.

Cafasco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Does anyone have an H or X pipe with SLP Loudmouth II mufflers? Wondering if there is any drone with that set up on a V6. It looks like it doesn’t on the 5.0, but that doesn’t mean it won’t on the 3.7. I currently have a 15-17 GT oem exhaust w Steeda H pipe and it’s still a bit tame for me.

karbate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
Some clips put together of my exhaust. LP off-road legs, Jones resonators, 2 x-pipes (does this even do anything lol), muffler delete, quad tips. I love this setup and will probably never change it again.

Sponsored

Cafasco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Some clips put together of my exhaust. LP off-road legs, Jones resonators, 2 x-pipes (does this even do anything lol), muffler delete, quad tips. I love this setup and will probably never change it again.

Wow that’s wicked! But glad it’s on your car not mine

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I'm always tempted to try muffler deletes or something a bit louder than my current setup, but I also don't want to really spend any money on it either lol. Sounds nice but a bit much for me I think, is the popping from the exhaust alone or part of your tune?

karbate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
I'm always tempted to try muffler deletes or something a bit louder than my current setup, but I also don't want to really spend any money on it either lol. Sounds nice but a bit much for me I think, is the popping from the exhaust alone or part of your tune?
It's part of the tune haha. Surprisingly it doesn't really pop at all without it. My friend's S197 3.7 naturally pops with just a muffler delete so it's something with the S550s.

PorscheHusky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang, 1974 260Z
I've heard rumors (but haven't found any videos so far, other than a turbocharged Cyclone) that 3in might kill power at the expense of sound. Is there some truth to this or would the increase in piping size not have any effect on power with these cars?
I'd like a deeper tone since I've heard these engines can be quite raspy.

My plan;
Shorties with a resonated x-pipe and S550.2 quads.

PS; I don't know what all brands make resonated x-pipes or if it's necessary. I just don't want drone

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
I've heard rumors (but haven't found any videos so far, other than a turbocharged Cyclone) that 3in might kill power at the expense of sound. Is there some truth to this or would the increase in piping size not have any effect on power with these cars?
I'd like a deeper tone since I've heard these engines can be quite raspy.

My plan;
Shorties with a resonated x-pipe and S550.2 quads.

PS; I don't know what all brands make resonated x-pipes or if it's necessary. I just don't want drone
No, it won't at all. If it did you wouldn't notice especially if you tune the car.

Sponsored

PorscheHusky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang, 1974 260Z
No, it won't at all. If it did you wouldn't notice especially if you tune the car.
A tune is on the charts after I procure intake revisions :)

Does it matter that the entire exhaust wouldn't technically be 3in? I think the shorties for these cars only has a 2.5in collector, iirc

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
A tune is on the charts after I procure intake revisions :)

Does it matter that the entire exhaust wouldn't technically be 3in? I think the shorties for these cars only has a 2.5in collector, iirc
I run a full three inch from cats back with shorty headers (soon to be twin turbo manifolds). There will be no issues. I literally just made a change to my exhaust today. I dropped out the tru-x style muffler and replaced with an eBay X Pipe and two flowmaster FX bullet style mufflers welded to the xpipe. Sounds almost the same except a little louder and throaty. Still full 3 inch as it was before..

PorscheHusky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang, 1974 260Z
I run a full three inch from cats back with shorty headers (soon to be twin turbo manifolds). There will be no issues. I literally just made a change to my exhaust today. I dropped out the tru-x style muffler and replaced with an eBay X Pipe and two flowmaster FX bullet style mufflers welded to the xpipe. Sounds almost the same except a little louder and throaty. Still full 3 inch as it was before..
Might you have a vid of this?! I'd like to hear how yours turned out.

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
I’m still debating on my exhaust. I want a mellow yet throaty sound so I’m thinking Roush exhaust with an h-pipe , shorty Headers and a CAI. I hear the H-Pipe kills the drone and makes a deeper sound. Is this true?

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Might you have a vid of this?! I'd like to hear how yours turned out.
Best I can do. Cell phone recording so use headphones. This is my old setup (x-pipe Muffler). My new setup as described above sounds almost exactly like this one only better now. It's a cleaner throatier tone then above (less muffled) and it is a bit louder, but still almost zero drone.

Sponsored