Sponsored

Switch from stage 2 whipple to stage 2 p1x?

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
600+ on the street is tremendous, regardless of which FI you go with.

You're going nowhere with the stock tires and FI. So the FI is just the beginning of what you will have to spend.

Wider wheels and sticky tires are mandatory = more money.

I agree with Jackson1320, maybe a 1/2 second difference on when boost "hits".

The Whipple pulls off idle whereas the P1X will not.
Sponsored

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Most centri guys will tell you to get the procharger, PD blower guys will say wait for the whipple. Without question both will be tons of fun!

I think with the out of the box setups and supplied tunes, the whipple will make a bit more power. Again, I'm saying out of the box with no changes. Without question either can make BIG power. Are you going custom or the tune that comes with the kit?

I too debated between P1X and Whipple. I ended up going Whipple and it's being installed on my car this week. But in your shoes, I'd want the car so bad I'd probably get the P1X and go have fun!

Agree this Whipple wait is insane. They either have a supply chain issue or a business model problem. They just can't meet demand in a reasonable amount of time. I'm sure it's costing them sales.

I worked with Lethal Performance to get my Whipple order in a week before the black Friday rush. Took 10.5 weeks to show up.

I think it may just come down to if you feel like waiting longer to get your car...

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Get the Procharger, you’ll have a ton of fun while the whipple is still on its way to the dealership.

OP
OP

Mconder93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT
Most centri guys will tell you to get the procharger, PD blower guys will say wait for the whipple. Without question both will be tons of fun!

I think with the out of the box setups and supplied tunes, the whipple will make a bit more power. Again, I'm saying out of the box with no changes. Without question either can make BIG power. Are you going custom or the tune that comes with the kit?

I too debated between P1X and Whipple. I ended up going Whipple and it's being installed on my car this week. But in your shoes, I'd want the car so bad I'd probably get the P1X and go have fun!

Agree this Whipple wait is insane. They either have a supply chain issue or a business model problem. They just can't meet demand in a reasonable amount of time. I'm sure it's costing them sales.

I worked with Lethal Performance to get my Whipple order in a week before the black Friday rush. Took 10.5 weeks to show up.

I think it may just come down to if you feel like waiting longer to get your car...
Either choice would come with a PBD tune with a year of support. I told the dealership I'd have an answer today about the switch.... but I think I'm gonna take the weekend lol

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Either choice would come with a PBD tune with a year of support. I told the dealership I'd have an answer today about the switch.... but I think I'm gonna take the weekend lol
If they say Whipple is another 6 weeks or so, but the P1X is 3-4 weeks, you're only talking a few weeks difference. Tough decision!!

Sponsored

OP
OP

Mconder93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT
If they say Whipple is another 6 weeks or so, but the P1X is 3-4 weeks, you're only talking a few weeks difference. Tough decision!!
Exactly my thought. If the Whipple was a for sure 6 weeks it would be an easier decision but they said that could easily be pushed out again.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
lethal performance is on record in this forum for 10 week Whipple wait times...we'll be at war with China by the time your Whipple arrives...lol

source see the Whipple wait thread.

OP
OP

Mconder93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT
lethal performance is on record in this forum for 10 week Whipple wait times...we'll be at war with China by the time your Whipple arrives...lol

source see the Whipple wait thread.
Yeah I've been keeping up on that thread and have seen a lot of guys that ordered black Friday are starting to receive theirs.... mine was ordered around 12/9 so I can't imagine it would be that much longer but that's just an assumption.

XS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Would it be possible for them to order the ProCharger for you WHILE you wait for the Whipple? Bear with me for a moment. What if you called them up and sweet talked them a little bit, and just lightly suggested you would be happier waiting for your Whipple order to come in but if it gets pushed out again then they'll already have the ProCharger on hand to go ahead and begin installing? They move some volume of modified cars, they wouldn't have the ProCharger kit for long if they ended up having to sit on it because your Whipple actually shipped. It would take some smooth talking, but it doesn't hurt to at least try it.

OP
OP

Mconder93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT
Would it be possible for them to order the ProCharger for you WHILE you wait for the Whipple? Bear with me for a moment. What if you called them up and sweet talked them a little bit, and just lightly suggested you would be happier waiting for your Whipple order to come in but if it gets pushed out again then they'll already have the ProCharger on hand to go ahead and begin installing? They move some volume of modified cars, they wouldn't have the ProCharger kit for long if they ended up having to sit on it because your Whipple actually shipped. It would take some smooth talking, but it doesn't hurt to at least try it.
Not a bad idea.

Sponsored

I <3 Boost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP 10 Speed Automatic
Not trying to hijack the thread, but since the comparison between the two is already being debated/discussed on the 2018 + platform - will each system compared in this thread make similar power per lb of boost on 93 octane (all other factors remaining the same)?

I understand the torque and power delivery are completely different. I personally am leaning towards the Procharger system discussed in this thread due to ease of install, easy access to do pulley swaps, and the ability to drive the car home if the belt breaks.

OP
OP

Mconder93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT
Not trying to hijack the thread, but since the comparison between the two is already being debated/discussed on the 2018 + platform - will each system compared in this thread make similar power per lb of boost on 93 octane (all other factors remaining the same)?

I understand the torque and power delivery are completely different. I personally am leaning towards the Procharger system discussed in this thread due to ease of install, easy access to do pulley swaps, and the ability to drive the car home if the belt breaks.
One of the questions I have is am I going to be able to make similar boost on 93 with just a pully swap on the p1x and stock fuel system and injectors?

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have a d1x and my dual pump fuel system isn't installed yet but I'm at 750 whp on the stock fuel system and bap. I make 12lbs of boost peak and I haven't even installed the 4.50 pulley i have. my pulley now is a 4.88. So you will have no problem up to 750 whp on the stock fuel pump but you will need id -1050x's to support that. I use 93 pump gas with Lucas octane booster in every tank and no knock.

OP
OP

Mconder93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT
I have a d1x and my dual pump fuel system isn't installed yet but I'm at 750 whp on the stock fuel system and bap. I make 12lbs of boost peak and I haven't even installed the 4.50 pulley i have. my pulley now is a 4.88. So you will have no problem up to 750 whp on the stock fuel pump but you will need id -1050x's to support that. I use 93 pump gas with Lucas octane booster in every tank and no knock.
Good to know about needing the fuel injectors... that's some of the kind of info I was looking for.
Sponsored