Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I cannot imagine that the return on ADM is greater than building a relationship with potentially repeat customer.
customers are ENTIRELY too fickle. This "relationship with a dealer" is a throwback to people 60+yrs old or 1950/60 (70s?) mentality. I don't buy my groceries that way, I don't buy my watches that way, I don't buy my computers/TV/phone that way either. Lowest price or lowest friction is what seals the deal.

The reason Grainger doesn't sell every Mach1 to be produced is because people can't be bothered to make a trip of it and will just make do with $3000 more locally (or even stump for ADM) because they can't be arsed.
Sponsored

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
customers are ENTIRELY too fickle. This "relationship with a dealer" is a throwback to people 60+yrs old or 1950/60 (70s?) mentality. I don't buy my groceries that way, I don't buy my watches that way, I don't buy my computers/TV/phone that way either. Lowest price or lowest friction is what seals the deal.

The reason Grainger doesn't sell every Mach1 to be produced is because people can't be bothered to make a trip of it and will just make do with $3000 more locally (or even stump for ADM) because they can't be arsed.
The good part of the trip, other than not getting beat up on the price is you're breaking in your new wheels. It's not a bad thing for that reason too.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I agree totally with you. It's really piss money for some people. If you want the car bad enough and have the cash it's really no big deal.
Yet not everyone with piss money is that way. I consider myself to have a reasonable amount of piss money, but yet won't piss said money away on an ADM. And that general attitude is how I have piss money in the first place.

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
Again I'm a Mustang guy at heart (owned 5 of them so far) that bought an M2C because I don't want to FK with California Ford dealers nonsense. I'm not a Biimer guy in here telling anyone the M2C is better or anything else. I don't care if people hate BMW in here, I hate ADM more.
Fixed that for you. :)

Last edited:

Sponsored

blitzburgh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW M2C
I never understood the tradeoff of "milking one person for extra $5k" versus actually establishing a relationship with a customer and hoping they come back next time they have a need for a vehicle or they even positively recommend the dealer to friends and family.

I cannot imagine that the return on ADM is greater than building a relationship with potentially repeat customer.
Fixed that for you.
not true. ADM is far from only used in Ca. A guy in this thread posted one from Tenn. Ive seen it in PA as well but thanks for your "fix"

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt

I'm not saying it's a gold standard or something to aspire to, the relationship with your dealer or that you won't look around for different car. My point being is, is that little bit more cash worth the chance of pissing off the person so bad they never return? There's been studies proving bad experience is vastly faster shared (online, with friends, etc) and leads to reduced sales/profits.

As far as driving little bit to get what you want is definitely not lost on me. I drove 2hrs to Lousville to get my 2019 Bullitt, when a dealer 30min away had the same 2020. And yeah, it was because the 2019 (even though new) was still cheaper.

Yet not everyone with piss money is that way. I consider myself to have a reasonable amount of piss money, but yet won't piss said money away on an ADM. And that general attitude is how I have piss money in the first place.
Yeah, ADM is a slap to the face for me. I'm not going to haggle over couple hundred for a discount. But if you blatantly say "I'm charging more because I can/because some people are chumps" is ridiculous to me.
Not saying it would be much better, but if they had a nice analysis saying "sales price across country is xxx, therefore adjusted sales price is xxx" and gave you a nice national comparison, that's one thing. But miss me with that stupid glorified sticky note saying "PAY US $5,000 MORE."

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
not true. ADM is far from only used in Ca. A guy in this thread posted one from Tenn. Ive seen it in PA as well but thanks for your "fix"
ADM of at least 5k here in VA across both Sheehy and Koons last I cared to check.

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Never said that only dealers in CA did it, just that they seem to be more pervasive. I live in TN and know several dealers within 150 miles that are asking an ADM on their Mach 1's. Again, asking and getting are two different things.

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
Consider yourself blessed. 🙏

Sponsored

blitzburgh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW M2C
Never said that only dealers in CA did it, just that they seem to be more pervasive. I live in TN and know several dealers within 150 miles that are asking an ADM on their Mach 1's. Again, asking and getting are two different things.
Its what you implied by adding California to my post but, O.K.

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Its what you implied by adding California to my post but, O.K.
I was simply indicating that you, by your own admission, have not shopped a Mach 1 outside of California, therefore, your ADM observations are very limited and should not be applied across the other 49 States.

Fordified

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several Mustangs thru the years
For what it's worth, the Ford Canada website is pricing the 2021 Mach 1 out with a $2500 "delivery allowance" discount. It also applies to the Mustang GT.
Seems strange if Canada is only getting 44 Mach 1's.

Tshenberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis M1908
More video of new arrivals

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
For what it's worth, the Ford Canada website is pricing the 2021 Mach 1 out with a $2500 "delivery allowance" discount. It also applies to the Mustang GT.
Seems strange if Canada is only getting 44 Mach 1's.
I noticed that too. Of course for what they are charging Canadians for a Mach 1 they should give you some kind of discount. :like:

By the way, you folks up there have crazy zip codes. :giggle:
Sponsored