Sponsored

Anyone else keeping their S550 at/near stock?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's a car and it's a mustang
I think I made it 8 months all stock except for tinted windows. But I've gone off the deep in since. Car was great stock but after a while I wanted more. Same thing happened to my 1999 years ago.

On a positive note, if my car was all stock I would have already told my local dealer I want a new bullitt. Instead, I'm keeping my 15 that is all paid off.
How much $ were your tinted windows?
Sponsored

Expat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerald
Vehicle(s)
2020 Convertible Mustang GT Premium
Well, I went down the mod way with my 2016 GT base, couldn’t get enough, pipes, air intakes, lights, carbon fiber inserts, steering wheel, remove junk plastics in engine bay... always something. 1st week of 2021 I traded in for a 2020 GT premium Convertible, with all the extras, all I can say is WOW. I love it just the way it is, of course I upgraded the interior light bulbs, installed jack rails and a tow hitch for the bike rack as well as the hydraulic hood struts, but I love the full driver display, ambient lighting, adaptive cruise, pony ext. mirror lights cooled seats etc. I will leave all the engine mods alone as I plan on selling this one to my European friends in a few years (Euro imports must have stock emissions tires rims etc) Thinking about either a custom rear seat delete or custom wind deflector for the sunny days ahead.

Reap

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harald
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mustang 2017 Mustang
I know there's a massive aftermarket for modding Stangs. And for the vast majority of threads in the various forums here it seems like a lot of people are talking about different mods/additions/changes they've made to their car. But am I one of maybe a handful that has no real desire to mod their car much?

I have made a couple mods but it was focusing on protecting the car... touch-up paint, cargo net in the trunk, Steeda jacking rails, Factory all-weather floor matts, JLT Oil separator.

Nothing for looks, performance, etc.

In fact, I have everyone in my family, including my 6 year old son...telling me to get stripes and I just have no desire. I love how it looks stock. And they all look at me like I'm nuts.

Now in the future, once all warranties are long gone and the car is fully paid off, I do plan to add power. But for the years until then...zero plans to do anything in regard to modding the function or aesthetics of the car.

Anyone else in the same boat...and just thrilled with the car as it came from the factory...or do I need my head examined??

Thanks!

-Emt1581

IamCDNJosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2015 F150 3.5EB FX4
I tended to stick w/ OEM+ parts on mine. It's easy to go overboard and look like an autozone exploded all over your car.

Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I enjoyed building and modding cars when I was younger and I have family members who still enjoy it. I certainly still appreciate a well modded car. My Porsche had over $10k in mods. But, old age (77) and civilization have caught up with me. I don't track my cars and only drive a few thousand miles per year. I have not had an opportunity to make use of the performance my GT currently has, except for about 5 seconds when I enter a freeway, which occurs maybe twice a month.

Spartan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Eruption Green GT 400A
Visible mods always seem to cheapen the look of the car, but I'm just a stock guy, to each their own.

I did paint my brake calipers black, so I'm guilty too.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Visible mods always seem to cheapen the look of the car
This ^^^

Appearance-only mods don't always age well. What's popular today may start to look dated in a couple of years.

Norm

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Not a chance LMAO

Sponsored

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Well, I went down the mod way with my 2016 GT base, couldn’t get enough, pipes, air intakes, lights, carbon fiber inserts, steering wheel, remove junk plastics in engine bay... always something. 1st week of 2021 I traded in for a 2020 GT premium Convertible, with all the extras, all I can say is WOW. I love it just the way it is, of course I upgraded the interior light bulbs, installed jack rails and a tow hitch for the bike rack as well as the hydraulic hood struts, but I love the full driver display, ambient lighting, adaptive cruise, pony ext. mirror lights cooled seats etc. I will leave all the engine mods alone as I plan on selling this one to my European friends in a few years (Euro imports must have stock emissions tires rims etc) Thinking about either a custom rear seat delete or custom wind deflector for the sunny days ahead.
Why did you replace the interior lights? Which ones did you get?

Justgonna send it

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ty
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 6spd
Nope stocked don’t work here . MBRP cat back, roush intake , weighted shift knob, in the market for some springs and dampers.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
There are three minimum mods I would always do to an S550: (1) wheels to fit bigger tires with better looking offsets; (2) exhaust; and (3) lowering springs. I don't go overboard with these things (no super low stance or ear splitting loud exhaust) but my car would seem so boring without its mods.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
There are three minimum mods I would always do to an S550: (1) wheels to fit bigger tires with better looking offsets; (2) exhaust; and (3) lowering springs. I don't go overboard with these things (no super low stance or ear splitting loud exhaust) but my car would seem so boring without its mods.
What Wheel sizes would you go with?

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase