Not open for further replies.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
OK, there you go, I want a '87 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe body with 2021 Mustang GT mechanicals. LOL!
%2Fb7%2F80%2F82%2Fb78082c2c4a54801d95a0983e13ce001.jpg
212+ at Talladega - this mean and nasty piece of business ushered in the lamentable restrictor plate era.
Sponsored

MustangMontreal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Monica
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible manual
:headbang:
They are already keeping the design, S650 & D750. Our cars will only get better

Sure, it's called a Taycan Cross Turisimo and it is freakin' awesome. You can also rent Panamera's. It's not cheap but you can do it.

https://turo.com/us/en/car-rental/u...CexGvWUhrXZRAP2wd5ay0SDH8XWTIynoaAj_TEALw_wcB

1615319339523.png

Monica, get it over it already. It's done, finished, kaput. Time to enjoy your 18' and move on.
I actually like the Mustang Mach-e
The S650 four door looks good too

Just donā€™t like the idea that Ford will call everything ā€œMustangā€

Porsche has the 911
Porsche has the Macan, the Cayenne, the Panamera. All ok. But no 911 Macan

We do enjoy our V8 Mustang. Manual too. No problem with new technology either just donā€™t like using ā€œMustangā€ on everything Mustangs deserve better

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
I donā€™t think that Ford will give us just thatā€¦

I agree that there might be a (small) market for an American 500+hp 6 cyl hybrid in Germany. However, I donā€™t think that Ford would sell such a car for ā€œonlyā€ 50.000ā‚¬ (60.000$) ā€“ currently the cheapest Mustang we can orderā€¦ Besides, I have a bad feeling about the general pricing structure of future Mustangs. It looks like Ford will raise the price even further and we might end up with a more luxurious car that offers a ā€œmodernā€ hybrid system and AWD for roughly 70.000ā‚¬/$. I can easily see Ford selling such a car for 65.000ā‚¬ and more and at such a price I donā€™t see many customers here in Germany or the EU. I might as well buy a M3/M4 with 10-15% off MSRPā€¦

You know better than me that a ā€œmuscle carā€ is something special in Germany. There arenā€™t that many and people who buy such a car are most certainly people who prefer a V8 over an amazing 0-60 time. If Ford takes away the V8 they have to compete in terms of acceleration, handling, build quality, software and pretty much everything else. Ford would still win the price-battle and might be competitive in terms of 0-60 times but thatā€™s about itā€¦ Besides, who cares about 0-60 (0-100) in Europe? Almost nobodyā€¦ Track your car around the Nordschleife and give us an amazing lap time thatā€™s when German buyers know itā€™s a fast carā€¦

Anyhow, at the end of the day Ford will do whatever Ford wants to do and maybe thatā€™s a good thing?! I just hope that we get a V8 here in Germany even if itā€™s an AWD hybrid priced around 65000ā‚¬.
Absolutely agree. Especially the price is concerning me too. When the Mustang launched for 39kā‚¬ here in 2015 it was a hell of a deal. Now you can pay up to nearly 70kā‚¬ for an equiped Mach 1 - For pretty much an heavy updated version of the same car. I think now are people still buying it for pretty much one of the last ICE V8 you can get. But I'm worried that with Gen 7 they will aim for a 60kā‚¬ range for the GT.

But who knows, maybe they will surprise us with a Coyote GT and an higher V6 Hybrid model

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Point was, it's NOT called a 911. And that 4 door ugly monstrosity is not a Mustang.
Point is, Porsche is the brand name. 911, Taycan, Panamera, and the others are models.

In Ford's new world order Mustang is the brand. Ecoboost, GT, Mach 1, & Mach-E are the models.

You do not have to like it, hell you do not even need to acknowledge it but it doesn't change anything.

Sponsored

OX1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT Auto-86 Capri 5.0 Turbo, 2017 Fusion Sport
You do not have to like it, hell you do not even need to acknowledge i anything.
And I'll keep telling everyone how they are ruining one of the most iconic nameplates on the planet, something even Porsche was not stupid enough to do.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
And I'll keep telling everyone how they are ruining one of the most iconic nameplates on the planet, something even Porsche was not stupid enough to do.
Trying telling that to Porsche owners back when they announced the Cayenne. They all thought Porsche was going to hell. Well it didnā€™t and they thrived. Hopefully the same will happen to Ford and the Mustang brand.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Trying telling that to Porsche owners back when they announced the Cayenne. They all thought Porsche was going to hell. Well it didnā€™t and they thrived. Hopefully the same will happen to Ford and the Mustang brand.
Doesn't seem like an equal comparison to me. There are several models of Porsche, each with a distinct name. When a new model emerges, it gets a separate and distinct name, which protects the character of existing models. There are plenty of names in the archives that can Ford can draw upon to name a "new version" 4-door.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
you're missing the larger game. By morphing 'Mustang' into a brand/line-up they are supplanting 'Ford' in the eye of the (stupid-ass) consumer. So when Ford sells the Bronco and Mustang brands to VW autogroup nobody will notice. We'll just keep calling it the Mustang X, Y or Z and not be reminded that the corporate parent is VW.

The Mach-E is already a VW product in significant ways. All that's left is for the Ford family to sell what little soul they have left to the VW devil.

Last edited:

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
you're missing the larger game. By morphing 'Mustang' into a brand/line-up they are supplanting 'Ford' in the eye of the (stupid-ass) consumer. So when Ford sells the Bronco and Mustang brands to VW autogroup nobody will notice. We'll just keep calling it the Mustang X, Y or Z and not be reminded that the corporate parent is VW.

The Mach-E is already a VW product in significant ways. All that's left is for the Ford family to sell what little soul they have left to the VW devil.
That's out of the box. Owe you a sake if it happens.

Sponsored

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
Ford will release a grand coupe four door Mustang in 2022
  • Base-Powertrain will be the 2.3 ecoboost combined with the F150ā€™s hybrid tech
  • Coyote V8 will be offered with a manual
  • The Powerboost V6 will be the top-end option in the four door sedan and it could pump out 500hp+
Iā€™m really looking forward to some S650 facts ;)
As am I. I guess where I'm confused is why the hybrid options would be the cap trims (base and top) for this Mustang and not the Coyote V8. Maybe the Powerboost would be positioned as a "luxury" trim? And then there'd be sporty, performance, and luxury-oriented trims to appeal to a wider audience?

At this point I'm more curious about how AWD will affect the Mustang's driving dynamics and weight if it does get added as an optional drivetrain. And could they keep it under 4000 pounds for both the coupe and this rumored grand coupe, or make it so it still handles nicely regardless of how hard the driver is pushing the vehicle?

I just hope if they do go forward with the grand coupe, that they're still selling it by the time I finish paying off my current Mustang. :)

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
As much as I dislike the Mach-E, it is a pure Ford product and does not use the VW MEB (EV) platform.......the latter will be used for other, yet to be confirmed, Ford models.

"The Mach E uses Fordā€™s Global Electrified 2 (GE2) platform, which is a heavily-revised version of its C-segment platform used under the Focus and Kuga/Escape"

https://www.automotive-iq.com/elect...s/mustang-mach-e-looks-like-ford-did-it-right

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Doesn't seem like an equal comparison to me. There are several models of Porsche, each with a distinct name. When a new model emerges, it gets a separate and distinct name, which protects the character of existing models. There are plenty of names in the archives that can Ford can draw upon to name a "new version" 4-door.
Well it's not an exact comparison but the point is that Porschephiles were up in arms when "their" brand was going to produce a dreaded SUV. Then they were up in arms about a totally electric vehicle. Both times Porsche came out with awesome vehicles and the hoard calmed down. My buddy has a 911, a Macan, and will be getting a Taycan. So is the Porsche brand can be all things to all people so can the Mustang brand. So as they keep making our 911 I really do not care about the other models.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
My buddy has a 911, a Macan, and will be getting a Taycan. So is the Porsche brand can be all things to all people so can the Mustang brand.
I think I'm beating a dead horse but Porsche didn't release a 911, a 911-Mecan, and 911-Taycan. This is what Ford is doing by bastardizing the Mustang name. Ditto for GM if they too are so stupid as to release the Corvette, the Corvette-sadan (rebadge Caddy CT4v), Corvette-SUV (rebadge a Caddy XT5).

I own a "corvette" or I own a "mustang" has meant a very specific thing for 50 years. Now "I own a Mustang" requires clarifying if they mean a tiny-ass CUV (VW id4 knock off; 2023), a mid-sized EV, or the coupe, or sedan (nee Taurus).

From a branding exercise it's a complete unmitigated disaster. But Ford is the new way to spell 'stupid' and 'no vision'.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
I think I'm beating a dead horse but Porsche didn't release a 911, a 911-Mecan, and 911-Taycan. This is what Ford is doing by bastardizing the Mustang name. Ditto for GM if they too are so stupid as to release the Corvette, the Corvette-sadan (rebadge Caddy CT4v), Corvette-SUV (rebadge a Caddy XT5).

I own a "corvette" or I own a "mustang" has meant a very specific thing for 50 years. Now "I own a Mustang" requires clarifying if they mean a tiny-ass CUV (VW id4 knock off; 2023), a mid-sized EV, or the coupe, or sedan (nee Taurus).
I hear you and you're not wrong. But Ford decided to create a Mustang brand so that's that. ā˜¹
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.