Sponsored

Anderson Composites 2020 Shelby GT500 Build & Parts - SEMA 2019

Woopaloop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10R80
All that trouble for carbon fiber this and that and they go with aluminum wheels?
Sponsored

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
It seems silly you have to go through Anderson Composites for some parts and Ford Performance for others to get a complete Carbon Fiber setup...

Iconic2021

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mustang GT, 2007 F-150, 2017 MKZ, 2021 CFTP
Looking forward to seeing which items are offered by AC and which ones are offered by FP.

As well as some kickass pricing!:)
Epiphany, I have been wondering the same thing. Zach at AC directed me to Lethal Performance for all the CF parts. They currently have about 12K of my money and I have not seen a single piece delivered.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Epiphany, I have been wondering the same thing. Zach at AC directed me to Lethal Performance for all the CF parts. They currently have about 12K of my money and I have not seen a single piece delivered.
I had a bad experience with AC as well. It took some serious arm twisting to get the problem sorted and my money back.

My advice is steer clear of AC.

Sponsored

Iconic2021

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
Tomster, I appreciate the warning and I will be in touch with Zach at AC and Lethal Performance to see if I can get an update on status.

Who were you trying to purchase AC stuff through?

I ordered all of this for current 2020 base model. I ordered rear seat delete from my local Ford Dealer, priced GT 4 style wing, and (4) 11.0 x 20 CF wheels, (rear 11.5 x 20) were not available (through my dealer) , 11 x 20 were $7400 a piece. They wanted $16K for wing, RS Delete was $2600.
It did not take me long to figure out I was going to have more in base 2020 than I would in TRUE CFTP by the time I got the OTT Stripes painted on. I sat down and ordered 2021 with both controlled items on Feb. 8th. Hopefully AC stuff will be here by then before I'm tempted to install any of it on 2020.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Tomster, I appreciate the warning and I will be in touch with Zach at AC and Lethal Performance to see if I can get an update on status.

Who were you trying to purchase AC stuff through?

I ordered all of this for current 2020 base model. I ordered rear seat delete from my local Ford Dealer, priced GT 4 style wing, and (4) 11.0 x 20 CF wheels, (rear 11.5 x 20) were not available (through my dealer) , 11 x 20 were $7400 a piece. They wanted $16K for wing, RS Delete was $2600.
It did not take me long to figure out I was going to have more in base 2020 than I would in TRUE CFTP by the time I got the OTT Stripes painted on. I sat down and ordered 2021 with both controlled items on Feb. 8th. Hopefully AC stuff will be here by then before I'm tempted to install any of it on 2020.
I bought my hood from Lethal. It was drop shipped (no pun intended) from AC. It arrived damaged. I was told a claim would be submitted on my behalf...... (On my behalf, lol). AC's proposal to me was one of two options. Option 1 was that they would give me 10% off and I could keep the damaged hood (gee, thanks, lol). Option 2 was for me to take a sawzall out (a saw) and cut the hood in half and then provide photos of it. When I insisted that the hood be picked up and a replacement or refund issued, they went radio silent. I then took it up with the dealer, Lethal. They took over from there and after much discussion, got the hood picked up and refund issued. What kind of customer service is it where you are asked to take out a power tool and destroy something with potential risk to yourself? If I cut my fingers off, do you think AC would have taken care of me and my family if I couldn't work? As I told the guys at Lethal, I was insulted and the next step was a CC dispute. Lethal did the right thing by me. I am in absolute disbelief how AC carried themselves. If Lethal isn't stepping up, I would be surprised. They did the right thing. Ask to speak to Matt.

The kicker is that the driver who dropped the package off was the guy who picked it up. He asked what was going on. I told him the story and he said yea, they didn't want you to keep it so that you could make money off of it. I kind of knew that was what they were all thinking, but nonetheless, I never asked to keep it. From the very beginning I asked that the hood be picked up and replaced. The hood was already reimbursed by the shipping insurance. I am not accusing anyone of anything, but there was no damage to the box in the area where the hood was damaged.......

So again, I would never touch another AC part ever again. I don't appreciate the "service with an attitude" approach and under no circumstances would I ever buy one of their products again. If you are lucky enough to get the parts you ordered in a timely manner and they arrive undamaged, good for you. But keep in mind that the likeliness of either delays or damage and what I went through as well as what others are reporting.

Everyone likes the CF parts. Its a shame there aren't more companies around that you can choose from that offer a different approach to customer service.

Iconic2021

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
I bought my hood from Lethal. It was drop shipped (no pun intended) from AC. It arrived damaged. I was told a claim would be submitted on my behalf...... (On my behalf, lol). AC's proposal to me was one of two options. Option 1 was that they would give me 10% off and I could keep the damaged hood (gee, thanks, lol). Option 2 was for me to take a sawzall out (a saw) and cut the hood in half and then provide photos of it. When I insisted that the hood be picked up and a replacement or refund issued, they went radio silent. I then took it up with the dealer, Lethal. They took over from there and after much discussion, got the hood picked up and refund issued. What kind of customer service is it where you are asked to take out a power tool and destroy something with potential risk to yourself? If I cut my fingers off, do you think AC would have taken care of me and my family if I couldn't work? As I told the guys at Lethal, I was insulted and the next step was a CC dispute. Lethal did the right thing by me. I am in absolute disbelief how AC carried themselves. If Lethal isn't stepping up, I would be surprised. They did the right thing. Ask to speak to Matt.

The kicker is that the driver who dropped the package off was the guy who picked it up. He asked what was going on. I told him the story and he said yea, they didn't want you to keep it so that you could make money off of it. I kind of knew that was what they were all thinking, but nonetheless, I never asked to keep it. From the very beginning I asked that the hood be picked up and replaced. The hood was already reimbursed by the shipping insurance. I am not accusing anyone of anything, but there was no damage to the box in the area where the hood was damaged.......

So again, I would never touch another AC part ever again. I don't appreciate the "service with an attitude" approach and under no circumstances would I ever buy one of their products again. If you are lucky enough to get the parts you ordered in a timely manner and they arrive undamaged, good for you. But keep in mind that the likeliness of either delays or damage and what I went through as well as what others are reporting.

Everyone likes the CF parts. Its a shame there aren't more companies around that you can choose from that offer a different approach to customer service.
Thanks Tomster, I'm calling today. I'm going to talk to Zach at AC first to see which 4 CF items must come thru FP. I've been dealing with Ander at Lethal but if I have any issues I'll ask for Matt.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Thanks Tomster, I'm calling today. I'm going to talk to Zach at AC first to see which 4 CF items must come thru FP. I've been dealing with Ander at Lethal but if I have any issues I'll ask for Matt.
The wing and the vent are FP. The rest? Not sure.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
The sad thing is that people want to buy the parts but have to jump through vendor hoops first. Have an issue? AC wants you to deal with the vendor even if the part was drop shipped by them. And where's the wing, as in GT4 wing? It was talked about, what, a year ago now? Since then, nothing. I'll go out on a limb and guess the excuse is either COVID, a move to a new location, my dog ate my homework, or any combination thereof. Frustrating.

Sponsored

Iconic2021

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
The wing and the vent are FP. The rest? Not sure.
Thanks Tomster. I've got a call in to Zach. I'll let you know what I find out on the other 2 items after talking to him.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Thanks Tomster. I've got a call in to Zach. I'll let you know what I find out on the other 2 items after talking to him.
Good luck with that, lol.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
We all have our individual experiences. I have been happy with Anderson. I’m on vacation in Mexico right now and I was called by Zach this morning. He’s always been great to deal with for me, even before I had my GT500.

I make no excuse for them regarding other people’s experiences. Just like every thing else in life, experiences vary.

OK, cerveza time :beer:

Iconic2021

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
We all have our individual experiences. I have been happy with Anderson. I’m on vacation in Mexico right now and I was called by Zach this morning. He’s always been great to deal with for me, even before I had my GT500.

I make no excuse for them regarding other people’s experiences. Just like every thing else in life, experiences vary.

OK, cerveza time :beer:
I've spent probably an hour on the phone with him. Seems like a real nice guy. Left him a message shortly after 8:00 am PST this morning and have not heard back yet.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I've spent probably an hour on the phone with him. Seems like a real nice guy. Left him a message shortly after 8:00 am PST this morning and have not heard back yet.
Yea, a real nice guy......
Sponsored