Sponsored

As of 3/1, Beefcake will phase out all offroad headers. :(

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
sure, rampant crime, homelessness, tolerating urine and feeces littered sidewalks, deliberately unaffordable housing, virtue-signaling instead of drilling and refining oil, persistent failure to maintain power grid, forestry mismanagement leading to massive fires, water mismanagement.
Regarding forest ownership:
Federal: 58%
private/Indians: 39%
state: 3%
Hard to mismanage something that you donā€™t own/control
Sponsored

OnThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
I know that everyone, especially Californians, are jealous of your independent power grid..šŸ˜
I'll take one "hard" week over your taxes any day lol. My lights were out for 6 hours so šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Hard to mismanage something that you donā€™t own/control
oh you guys in Sacremento control it plenty. You prohibit property owners from doing what they KNOW they need to do. Because Sierra Club and other nonsense. I can't speak to the particulars of enduring decades of mind-bending incompetence by Dept of Interior.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
I know that everyone, especially Californians, are jealous of your independent power grid..šŸ˜

Well ours failed this summer, imagine now when they want to hook up an additional 5 million electric cars to the grid.

Sigma6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
02ā€™ 360, 06ā€™ GT, 11ā€™ GT500, 15ā€™ 911, 17ā€™ 350
California used to be awesome car community now itā€™s run by the no fun police. The elitist in the state smog up more running their helicopters around town and private jets internationally that those left whom dare run Catless.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Even headers with cats is in violation of federal law if used on public streets.
I don't follow that stuff but last time I did, it was illegal to even relocate cats. If still true, any headers would be no-nos. Also some things were illegal for 3rd parties to do but not for the owner, i.e. the result wasn't illegal, the process to get there might be.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
sure, rampant crime, homelessness, tolerating urine and feeces littered sidewalks
Tolerating or necessitating? My sister drove from San Fran to Phoenix to avoid riding in a flying bus during a pandemic. She needed to go thru L.A. for a reason I don't recall and she could not find a gas station that would let customers use the restrooms because of Covid. She had to go outdoors behind one of them.

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
Now I couldn't be bothered to read this whole thread, but I have a question. How many of you are actually going to take your Mustang offroading?

Well... tracks are considered off road. So Iā€™d imagine a lot of folks on this forum will/do..

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
I was stationed in San Diego in the early 80's and remember some bad air daze back then,, there were a lot of old cars [well, they weren't that old at the time] burning oil and smoking like chimneys.

Last time I was out there 2005/6 it was a lot cleaner.

I did headers and O/R exhaust on my old Gen3 'Yote and plan on leaving the stock exhaust on my new Hellcat.

Pendleton?

Sponsored

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
32nd Street?

Kidd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/PP1 Rapid Red
Iā€™m just glad most the of the people on this forum and in this industry werenā€™t around for the founding of our Country because we probably wouldnā€™t have one. Just lay down and take the dick that daddy government is giving you, it obviously comes natural to yā€™all lol

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
she could not find a gas station that would let customers use the restrooms because of Covid
that's just a special (California) level of stupid. Or maybe it's uncommon insight - Covid is fecal/oral, not air-borne...

And yet somehow there's enough brains rattling around somewhere they actually recognize a useless, dangerous figurehead (belatedly) when they see one.

Last edited:

GNN60GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1 20 F250 6.7 20 Explorer
I have spent my entire career working in the automotive aftermarket- first part 12 years at a company that makes exhaust and catalytic converters- probably a good % of people on this board have parts from that company/ not a small player ......

A few years they went after all the diesel tuners/ "off road" parts guys- now it is impossible to delete a new diesel truck (remove emissions tune it) - no company will touch anything non EPA/CARB compliant with a 10 foot pole (I own a 20 F250 Powerstroke and am on those forums as well)

The same is coming for our world as well with muscle cars- I was not a fan of how the company I was at was run/ how they treated their internal people (why I am not saying their name) so when I started seeing the beginning of active exhausts and the start of the crack down on the diesel side- it made my decision even easier to leave - now I work in the boring my car broke down and needs a replacement part side for another very large company

Luckily we have CARB legal superchargers- tunes exc- so you will still be able to go fast- its just going to cost more....

Lots of people moving from CA to other states- that will result in "changes" as well ...I have grown up in Southern CA/ lived here my whole life and when I retire I will be leaving.

Veteran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT white
But, if CARB went after airplanes and cruise ships they could make a real difference as they are the real polluters. Cars get new, cleaner engines every year. Planes use 20 year old tech in many cases. Its an unfortunate situation.
20 year. Try 70 years for light aircraft. Most Lycomings and Continental engines have remained basically unchanged for 70 years. They did introduce fuel injection at some some stage, but the pollution is basically the same as planes are flown using lean or rich of peak egt.
Also they use leaded fuel.
Having said that, There are a darn side more cars on the road, than light aircraft.
So probably why they are overlooked.
So you drive to the airport in your Prius, then go pollute the sky in youā€™re Beechcraft Baron haha.
Sponsored