Justpassingas

Justpassingas
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
21 GT Premium 2016 F150
How do you guys check on the build date? I only received an email from Ford once. Then dealer said it was pushed forward one week, which is I guess good news. But the tracking website still does not display anything certain, it merely says it's scheduled.

I'm new to all this ordering stuff so I could be wrong but I believe you need the VIN to track your car. Do you have a VIN yet? Perhaps somebody could chime in to confirm that. My build date is March 1st and as of today I don't have a VIN.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Matthewstorm

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
The VIN is in the email Ford sent you informing you of the build date.

Justpassingas

Justpassingas
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
21 GT Premium 2016 F150
The VIN is in the email Ford sent you informing you of the build date.

Here's the latest e-mail I received from Ford back in January...No VIN...Perhaps I'll get an e-mail soon but its really not a big deal although it would be fun to track my order.

build date.jpg

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
They should look like this my 1st email just have me a recap, 2nd email gave me a vin # and built date 3rd email built date was moved (sooner).

Screenshot_20210226-083339_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210226-083232_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210226-083615_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:

Justpassingas

Justpassingas
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
21 GT Premium 2016 F150
@Soulja4187

My confirmation e-mail is similar to yours but was sent in early January with no VIN, maybe that's why?

Congratulations on ordering your all-new Ford Mustang! Your order has been placed with Ford Motor Company on your behalf by McGovern Ford.
A SUMMARY OF YOUR ORDER IS OUTLINED BELOW:
2021 Mustang GT Fastback:
•5.0L Ti-VCT V8 Engine
•10-Speed SelectShift Automatic Transmission
•Twister Orange Tri-Coat
•Ebony Leather Seats
•401A
•Less Tape Stripe

Your vehicle order is one of the early orders for the 2021 Ford Mustang and because we are building this vehicle just for you, we wanted to share a bit more on our production process as it may impact your delivery time. As part of the quality assurance process at Ford Motor Company, customer orders are only built when all quality checks have been met. This process may lead to a longer wait time for your vehicle to be built but will ensure your complete satisfaction. You will receive email notifications when your vehicle is:
•Scheduled For Production—all necessary equipment is secured and your order has been placed in the production schedule.
•Built—your vehicle has been built and we will let you know of the estimated arrival date at your dealership.
•Shipped—your vehicle has been shipped, is on its way to your dealership and we’ll include the latest estimated arrival date.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Matthewstorm

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Here's the latest e-mail I received from Ford back in January...No VIN...Perhaps I'll get an e-mail soon but its really not a big deal although it would be fun to track my order.

build date.jpg
This is the 1st email. They sent another one saying the date is now earlier.
Screenshot_20210226-110551_Gmail.jpg

OP
OP
Matthewstorm

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
They should look like this my 1st email just have me a recap, 2nd email gave me a vin # and built date Anders email built date was moved (sooner).

Screenshot_20210226-083339_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210226-083232_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210226-083615_Samsung Internet.jpg
I wonder why all the confirmation emails look so different.

Pronichkin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Artem
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Conv (totaled by a puma); 2021 GT Conv PP1
Yep. In my case, I only received the “Scheduled for production” email. It arrived on 1/7 with the build week listed as 3/15. (The order was placed on 12/10.) There was no VIN in this email, perhaps because they don't assign it in two months before build. This makes sense to me.

Then on 2/12 I received a mail from my dealer. They told me that build was rescheduled to the week of 3/1, i.e. two weeks forward. Great news! And they provided me the VIN, which I can now use on order tracking website.

But I have not received any more communications from Ford themselves, and there no specific details listed on Order tracking. So I'm still a bit uncertain about all that.

Davesvt2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
3-4 weeks is the norm

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
@Soulja4187

My confirmation e-mail is similar to yours but was sent in early January with no VIN, maybe that's why?

Congratulations on ordering your all-new Ford Mustang! Your order has been placed with Ford Motor Company on your behalf by McGovern Ford.
A SUMMARY OF YOUR ORDER IS OUTLINED BELOW:
2021 Mustang GT Fastback:
•5.0L Ti-VCT V8 Engine
•10-Speed SelectShift Automatic Transmission
•Twister Orange Tri-Coat
•Ebony Leather Seats
•401A
•Less Tape Stripe

Your vehicle order is one of the early orders for the 2021 Ford Mustang and because we are building this vehicle just for you, we wanted to share a bit more on our production process as it may impact your delivery time. As part of the quality assurance process at Ford Motor Company, customer orders are only built when all quality checks have been met. This process may lead to a longer wait time for your vehicle to be built but will ensure your complete satisfaction. You will receive email notifications when your vehicle is:
•Scheduled For Production—all necessary equipment is secured and your order has been placed in the production schedule.
•Built—your vehicle has been built and we will let you know of the estimated arrival date at your dealership.
•Shipped—your vehicle has been shipped, is on its way to your dealership and we’ll include the latest estimated arrival date.
I say contact your selling dealer and ask for an update. You should by now have a VIN #

Sponsored

FunkinGoNuts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Carbonized Gray GT
Just got notification that mine is scheduled for next Thursday per the blend date found on top of the window sticker shown below. Also screenshotted what my tracker looks like. The window sticker can be found on this page. (note, Rims in the pic are wrong, silly ford website!)

gtstatus.jpg

gtblend.jpg

Pronichkin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Artem
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Conv (totaled by a puma); 2021 GT Conv PP1
oh snap I forgot you could read the date from the blend, sweet! Looks like I'm scheduled for the very same day.

1614450502645.png

Justpassingas

Justpassingas
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
21 GT Premium 2016 F150
I called the dealer today and finally have my VIN. My blend is 306 so does that mean Ford works Saturdays? My original build date was March 8th that got bumped up a week to the 1st.

Stickah.jpg

FunkinGoNuts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Carbonized Gray GT
I called the dealer today and finally have my VIN. My blend is 306 so does that mean Ford works Saturdays? My original build date was March 8th that got bumped up a week to the 1st.

Stickah.jpg
Weird... maybe it will be that following Monday? I dont think they work Saturdays. I bet we will ship the same time thought since we are CT/MA.
Sponsored