Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Jaken ZX2 just shut the f#k up and let people have an opinion. People are allowed to not like a badge or think its bad value. Take a break from the screen and do something else for a few days
People are allowed to have opinions. People are also allowed to be ridiculed for having stupid, misguided opinions

Don’t want your opinion ridiculed? Then dont fuckin share it
Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
That someone else's opinion is stupid or misguided is also an opinion.....

Fishtales

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2001 Harley, 1964 Volkswagen Beetle, 2016 Toyota Avalon
Am I seeing things, or does the grill look very different on this , then from other photos we've seen? I'm very glad they matched the color with the lowers, but something about this looks very different
1614197817311.png
Does anyone know if there is a tow bar connection under the snap cover on the bumper?

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
I swear to god, I absolutely hate the idea of this car getting a shaker, but I wish Ford would’ve done it just so you idiots would shut up about it not “looking speshul enuf” because you’re too thick-skulled to see that the whole damn front fascia was revised
fuck a shaker.

But NACA/NASA on the other hand....

Sponsored

Tshenberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis M1908
Does anyone know if there is a tow bar connection under the snap cover on the bumper?
i think this was talked about in another thread somewhere, and I don't believe there is anything behind that cover. I believe Ford deletes it

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Enough with the bickering..........or steps will be put in place to prevent it. Thank you.
To reiterate -- heated debate has always been allowed and a lot of leeway has been given, but the name calling, insults and personal attacks need to stop.

If you ignore this warning, your posts will need to be approved by me before posting or your account will lose posting privileges altogether.

Fishtales

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2001 Harley, 1964 Volkswagen Beetle, 2016 Toyota Avalon
i think this was talked about in another thread somewhere, and I don't believe there is anything behind that cover. I believe Ford deletes it
Thanks. Hopefully someone will pop it, take a pic and post to put it to bed.

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
Don't underestimate the power of social media. Remember the Sonic movie that came out and there was an enormous outcry over the aesthetics? Guess what, they listened and improved it. I'm not saying that's what Ford will do but people discussing their lethargic attempts, which by the way is tailored to exclusive clientele which is you, me, and others here, should be voiced as a valid concern. Afterall, they're in a business to make money. That's why Chevy did a whole 180 on the corvette to try and bring a younger demographic to increase their bottom line. The increasing costs on these cars is insane, especially a Mustang GT or Mach 1. That's not what the Mustang stands for, especially if you look at stagnant wages and financial crisis all across. So if they DO want to charge a premium for a specialty product, then make it special (and no, using parts from parts bin is not special for the prices they want, IMO).

Time will tell but we should allow people to dissect all aspects that most of us are in the market for. There's no "pride" here. We're all on the same side. Wouldn't you have liked it more if your Mach 1 had a customized performance steering wheel rather than the wimpy one they've been using on all trims?
Yeah I think what the problem is what you would call "Ford apologists"

The criticism is valid, people want more out of their cars, they want the extra push to make the car more desirable to form that emotional connection (to the purchaser), sometimes Ford does it well and sometimes they don't.

I don't think its stupid or silly at all to want more out of a product imo these cars are way overpriced (Shelbys included), and for that kind of money you should be picky.

Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I think what the problem is what you would call "Ford apologists"

The criticism is valid, people want more out of their cars, they want the extra push to make the car more desirable (to the purchaser), sometimes Ford does it well and sometimes they don't.

I don't think its stupid or silly at all to want more out of a product imo these cars are way overpriced (Shelbys included), and for that kind of money you should be picky.
While I do agree with this sentiment, I think we should also appreciate what we do get out of these cars and know which battles to fight. I mean, the Mach 1 will undoubtedly be the best performing car you can buy new for that kind of money.

Now, there are certain things that I think Ford should’ve done (and some things that I think should’ve been included on the S550 refresh for ALL models), like HUD, PDR, color options, maybe a better steering wheel... things that Ford absolutely has the ability to add and that would be universally beneficial, but for some reason still just don’t make it onto the car

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
imo these cars are way overpriced
Considering M4 being a direct competitor to Mach 1 (for me at least), they're not overpriced at all - costing 35% less here - 80k vs 125k. Or 911 Carrera S starting at 163k. So called premium brands where everything costs double but the result isn't twice better, maybe not even 10% better (V8 sound + exhaust is so much better on Mach 1 for sure).

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Considering M4 being a direct competitor to Mach 1 (for me at least), they're not overpriced at all - costing 35% less here - 80k vs 125k. Or 911 Carrera S starting at 163k. So called premium brands where everything costs double but the result isn't twice better, maybe not even 10% better (V8 sound + exhaust is so much better on Mach 1 for sure).
And a usable trunk!

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
$6,800 and 6 hours later you have a 600 RWHP Mach 1. No warranty, but just think of it. Winding that gearbox at the speed of sound and annihilating those 911s and M4s on the straightaway at least.

Why not?

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Except it might be cheaper to put a Tremec in a GT if you already own one .

I completely agree with the assertion that if you don’t already have a GT and want a manual then it’s a no brainer to pay the premium for the Tremec .

Might even make sense to trade a GT with the MT82 for one .

I think the automatic makes less sense .
Sponsored