Sponsored

Was the Bullitt a great deal after all?

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Looking at the Mach1 page, to spec out the same options as my Bullitt (but no leather seats for some reason) the Mach1 is $57,500. Thats almost 5K more than my Bullitt was.

I know the Mach1 has the GT350 tranny, a wider wheel and an extra cooler or 2, but is that REALLY worth a price hike of 5K? I've not seen many 2019+ GT's having issues with their MT-82 after the latest revisions, and I doubt 80% of people would even know there was another cooler unless you told them, they won't be tracking it much. It just feels like for 5K I could get myself a nice wheel/tire combo and either add my own Rear diff cooler, or just pocket the extra $. FOr the price I feel they could have ATLEAST added GT350 brakes as well.

It really makes me feel like the used/left over GT350, PP2 and Bullitt are all just MUCH better buys unless you need an auto.
Sponsored

The Rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Well the mach, just like the bullitt is largely an appearance package. The Tremec is a significant plus to the equation. Also the mach stands out in a crowd... nobody is mistaking it for a base model EcoBoost (happened to me a few times in my bullitt) Add some coolers and more options to configure the car to your own taste and I think ford will sell a ton of these.
I loved my Bullitt for the short time I had it. My only gripe really is that ford over produced it. In my area there were lots of non current '19s left over selling for gt pricing. As a result I got rinsed trading mine in.

OP
OP

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I just feel like for that big of a price difference it should be more than just a wheel/cooler gain. I feel like Flex Fuel or more of the PP2 bits should have been more standard. Heck, even the red calipers are a $500 option now. Even a shaker or a hood designed more like the 71+ Mach1 would have been a nice touch for that price.

I don't care about being thought of a lower model, heck I have people even ask if I'm a Mustang since there is no Pony or 5.0 badge on it.

Droog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
I've had zero issues with my cars MT-82 and I have no plans to track the car so the missing cooler or different transmission is no big deal. I love the look of the Bullitt compared to a Mach-1, and being mistaken for either a non 5.0 car or not a Mustang because of the lack of badging has always been a positive conversation starter.

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
After throwing in the same options my Bullitt has, the sticker price is over 6 grand closer to 7.
I think the Mach 1 looks great but the subdued looks of the Bullitt suit me better. I prefer the longer gearing compared to my 16 GT/CS. I will never track my car either so an extra cooler does me zero good. Taking nothing away from the Mach 1 because I love all mustangs... I just love mine more.

Sponsored

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
I was on the fence. After I almost bought a GT350 but ultimately ruled it out because in my opinion, it is better at home on a track than the crappy roads where I live, I was really eyeing the Mach 1. Liked the color and subtle looks of the Bullitt better and the price, too, so that's what I ended up with. Wouldn't mind be mistaken for an Ecoboost. People would be thinking "man, those four-bangers sound good for what they are" lol

NotagainV2

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
19 F150 19 Explorer 04 Thunderbird
Transmissions worth the upgrade to Mach 1 instead of a Bullitt.

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
Transmissions worth the upgrade to Mach 1 instead of a Bullitt.
Maybe to some it is but I have had 5 different mustangs with the with the MT-82 and not a single complaint or issue.

NotagainV2

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
19 F150 19 Explorer 04 Thunderbird
Maybe to some it is but I have had 5 different mustangs with the with the MT-82 and not a single complaint or issue.
And how often do you do track days or run it at the drag strip?

Daily fine its pretty hard to argue an MT82 is as good as a Tremec.

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I know the Mach1 has the GT350 tranny, a wider wheel and an extra cooler or 2, but is that REALLY worth a price hike of 5K?
It camber plates and supposedly different suspension - how different I guess we're yet to see, but it all depends what you're buying a car for. Bullitt has mostly sentimental or looks value to its owners since it's basically a regular GT - and while I personally am not a fan of it looks, I appreciate the package being related to something from Mustang's history.

Ford is good at creating hype (most track worthy 5.0 ! Yay !) which turns out to be just a hype (like PP2 - which was quite a fail), I'm afraid it's going to be the case with Mach 1. Tires/wheels hardly are a value in my opinion - tires are a wear item, Ford wheels are typically good to be boat anchors and that's about it - given its weight.

Nexus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I can't say in the US, but in Canada where a Bullitt came with all options except Recaro's (being the one option), if you were to build a GT with equivalent options it came in around the same price.

So getting a limited edition Mustang with some extra HP and goodies for the ballpark price of an equally equipped GT I'd say yes it was a great deal (if you didn't have to deal with ADMs). That's always been what the Bullitt was though. A GT+ special edition.

The Mach1 is different in that it has the parts from the Bullitt, PP2, and GT350. It's going to cost more and be a bit on an island of its own. It's more of a step down SE from the GT350, compared to the Bullitt being a step up from a GT PP1. That's not a bad thing. It'll be more than capable i'm sure.

Reactions: jwt

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
New Bullitts at 43-45K fully loaded (MR, Recaro, electronic) on 53.5k MSRP were a bargain. The Mach1 is a milking exercise as much as I do appreciate the track-ready cooling and Tremec.

Last edited:

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
And how often do you do track days or run it at the drag strip?

Daily fine its pretty hard to argue an MT82 is as good as a Tremec.
As good as in what sense? I prefer the longer gearing in the 18+ mt82 to my 16 ratios and also the gt350's ratios. So in my use of it yes, I prefer the MT82 to the tremec for my use. Now someone else who wants to track and do other things probably has a different opinion.
But what I can never understand someone who says "this transmission is crap idk why it broke... i only went from 460 hp to over 700 hp and put crazy sticky tires on it and launched at 6,000 rpm, what a piece of trash ford!!" All the issues i have ever heard are from people who modified and did things that wasn't in the initial design of the car. Are some cars over built more in one area than another sure, but when you start to change how something was initially engineered and make it do things that in its stock form it wouldn't be able to do things are bound to break.
Like i said in my previous post my cars never see the track so the transmission with shorter gears and the coolers has zero benefit.

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
I wanted to buy one just couldn’t justify the higher cost over my 20 PP2 which I bought in December last year. I could have ordered a Mach 1.
Sponsored