LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
Confusing title yes.

**Unboxing update on post 20***

**Install update on post 23**

Curious if anyone out there is running a set of Long Tube Headers (that’s the company name) headers? I just ordered a set from beefcake and from what I saw here (https://longtubeheaders.com/product/ford-mustang-2015-long-tube-headers-catless-off-road/) they seem to be nice quality, American made at an attractive price with 02s angled to better support E85 use. I’ll report back on quality when they arrive.

In the meantime anyone else running them care to comment on fitment?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Those look nice. You will need a tune with these, right?
It will also void the warranty?

OP
OP

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
Those look nice. You will need a tune with these, right?
It will also void the warranty?
That’s correct, with aftermarket headers you’ll need a tune to safely run them. (This was an incorrect statement, a tune is not required when adding headers).

Some would argue they don’t void the warranty because Ford has to “prove” the part you installed caused the issue. I am a skeptic of that stance but other keyboard warriors will try and persuade you otherwise.

Last edited:

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
What tune are you going with?

OP
OP

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT

Sponsored

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Is that something you did yourself?

OP
OP

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
Is that something you did yourself?
The tune? I purchased an NGauge tuning device here on the forums from another member and then contacted Lund to purchase the actual tune. Loading it to the car is a simple process that takes only a few minutes.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Thanks for your help.

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Roush Warrior Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
What size did you go with?

OP
OP

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT

Sponsored

SHxTGUN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP2
I was thinking about purchasing headers soon also for my E85 Lund tuned '19. I would like to hear what you think on if you feel any power increase with the tune. Also the sound difference and how much louder your car gets with these. I was looking for more sound from my AWE exhaust and headers seem to be the next step for that.

Did you get catted ones or ones without cats?

OP
OP

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
I was thinking about purchasing headers soon also for my E85 Lund tuned '19. I would like to hear what you think on if you feel any power increase with the tune. Also the sound difference and how much louder your car gets with these. I was looking for more sound from my AWE exhaust and headers seem to be the next step for that.

Did you get catted ones or ones without cats?

I purchased the off-road system and it will be mated to my factory active exhaust with Hpipe in place of the resonator. I know it’s going to be extremely loud when not in quiet mode but I want to see what quiet mode is like and may end up swapping the H-pipe out for a quieter option if needed.

Adding any headers, catted or off-road to your awe cat-back is going to make a very noticeable difference (increase) in sound.

As for the tune, the general consensus is that adding headers to an E85 tuned 2018+ Does add a noticeable amount of power. I’ll report back on performance once the headers are installed and the roads here are not covered in layers of salt.

SHxTGUN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP2
I purchased the off-road system and it will be mated to my factory active exhaust with Hpipe in place of the resonator. I know it’s going to be extremely loud when not in quiet mode but I want to see what quiet mode is like and may end up swapping the H-pipe out for a quieter option if needed.

Adding any headers, catted or off-road to your awe cat-back is going to make a very noticeable difference (increase) in sound.

As for the tune, the general consensus is that adding headers to an E85 tuned 2018+ Does add a noticeable amount of power. I’ll report back on performance once the headers are installed and the roads here are not covered in layers of salt.
Awesome, thanks for the info. I was considering the decision between off-road/catted options for quite a bit, but after reading of people complaining about the smell when idle/windows down, I'm not sure. I know E85 does really help the smell factor, but I know that I won't be able to run E85 100% of the time because of such few stations here in FL.

So in your opinion, what percentage of difference will the LTH off road headers be in performance increase over the LTH catted ones? Also the sound. You said it will be a noticeable difference either way with headers, but what percentage louder are the off road ones compared to the catted ones (in your opinion)?

And yeah I look forward to hearing what you think when you're able to get on the road.

OP
OP

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
Awesome, thanks for the info. I was considering the decision between off-road/catted options for quite a bit, but after reading of people complaining about the smell when idle/windows down, I'm not sure. I know E85 does really help the smell factor, but I know that I won't be able to run E85 100% of the time because of such few stations here in FL.

So in your opinion, what percentage of difference will the LTH off road headers be in performance increase over the LTH catted ones? Also the sound. You said it will be a noticeable difference either way with headers, but what percentage louder are the off road ones compared to the catted ones (in your opinion)?

And yeah I look forward to hearing what you think when you're able to get on the road.
Performance wise it’s hard to peg but I’d imagine catted vs non catted may show a few HP difference with catless having the higher numbers. But there are so many variables unless things are done on the same car on the same day on the same dyno. In the end I don’t think there is a huge difference in power when comparing the two.

Now on sound, catless is going to be far louder and bring a different tone. I believe catted cars have a cleaner sound for the most part but that’s just my opinion. I went catless as it was cheaper, I don’t have inspections, I don’t daily my car and E85 is plentiful here. I also plan to go forced induction later down the road which doesn’t seem to do well with cats due to the extra heat.

SHxTGUN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP2
Performance wise it’s hard to peg but I’d imagine catted vs non catted may show a few HP difference with catless having the higher numbers. But there are so many variables unless things are done on the same car on the same day on the same dyno. In the end I don’t think there is a huge difference in power when comparing the two.

Now on sound, catless is going to be far louder and bring a different tone. I believe catted cars have a cleaner sound for the most part but that’s just my opinion. I went catless as it was cheaper, I don’t have inspections, I don’t daily my car and E85 is plentiful here. I also plan to go forced induction later down the road which doesn’t seem to do well with cats due to the extra heat.
Thanks very much for the info. Appreciate it. As mine is a DD and will be on E85 and 93 when forced to, I guess maybe catted would be a better option for me. Maybe will look into the LTH high flow cats/headers.
Sponsored