Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Wait, is this the part where I say “wHy ArE u In A mAcH 1 FoRuM iF yOu DoNt LiKe It” just like you Shelby nerds do anytime someone damages your fragile ego?
Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I love the look of the Mach 1, and think it’s the best looking Mustang ever made. But then again, I’ve liked the 2018+ redesign since it came out. They just fixed everything wrong with it in the Mach 1 fascia design

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Oh boy, here we go with the butthurt Shelby owners again

Yes, I’ve driven them. Yes, I can afford them. No, I don’t want them

you can complain about warranties all you want, but it’s a non-issue with coyotes as we’re less likely to have to use it lmao

Bulldogs22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Thats a whole lot of words to say “yes, cloth interior”

Yes a interior I know that doesn't share parts and has a better looking steering wheel.

Sounds like manufacturer jargon for “we were trying to cut costs”... how are they going to worry about glare on toggle switches when there isn’t even any glare on the infotainment system that’s more likely to get hit by direct light?

I mean if you want shiny chrome toggle switches then go for it.

Lmao what? They’re literally the same as base Mustang gauges, just with a higher redline and top speed... nothing “exclusive” about them

Nope. They have a different font and have only numbers and nothing else unlike normal mustang gauges (look them up). Will age far better than a digital dash.

Looks are subjective, but the fact remains that the GT350 front end is a 6 year old design, whereas the Mach 1 is completely fresh (and looks better IMO)

Otherwise, glad you can read the brochure?

Subjective like you said and glad you can read a brochure to think your Mach 1 isn't a parts bin special.

It will most certainly be faster than a post-2019 GT350. Keep in mind, fully loaded means handling package and A10 trans. GT350 doesn’t stand a chance. And to say the Coyote has “no soul” is fucking absurd. You can rev a Coyote just as high with just a tune, and after that, what else is really lacking? A couple horsepower that doesn’t amount to any actual speed increase? Cool

But I do like that most of your statements had their basis in “exclusivity”... just goes on to prove that the only reason to buy a GT350 is “muh SPESHUL”
GT350 doesn't stand a chance lol. Who said this? You? How many Shelby's do you own or how many Mach 1s you driven?. Yes you can rev a coyote just as high right after spending a ton and voiding your warranty and still not sounding like the 5.2 does, and you had to borrow the 350 intake for your Mach 1. The Mach 1 will be a good car my point here is don't push down a car that was designed from the ground up to be better car just because you want it to be better for whatever reason.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
But honestly the Mach I or even just a Mustang GT with an A10 would destroy any GT350 made because it has a manual transmission and there's no way you're going to shift quick enough and be in the power band to beat an a10 in the quarter mile. it's not that the Shelby engine has anything wrong with it it's just that it doesn't have an automatic transmission. I raced my a10 stock and it did better quarter mile times at Milan then the guy that was running a GT350. The days of manual transmissions beating cars with a stick have been over for a very long time.

Sponsored

Tshenberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis M1908
Who’s got popcorn lol

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Lmao god damn, GT350 boys are so mad at this car 😂

say it with me... Special doesn’t mean good

OnThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
The GT350 had a $64k starting price. That’s more than a fully loaded Mach 1, and you’re still stuck with cloth interior, plastic toggle switches, plastic start button, base model gauges, 6 year old front end design, less reliability, and AT BEST the same level of performance

Mach 1 pricing is fine, stop complaining
Yeah, we'll just have to agree to disagree on that. A bit of delusional thinking a car that weighs more and has less horsepower is gonna offer more performance

OnThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Oh boy, here we go with the butthurt Shelby owners again

Yes, I’ve driven them. Yes, I can afford them. No, I don’t want them

you can complain about warranties all you want, but it’s a non-issue with coyotes as we’re less likely to have to use it lmao
Damn, you're a fanboy 😂

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, we'll just have to agree to disagree on that. A bit of delusional thinking a car that weighs more and has less horsepower is gonna offer more performance
What makes you say it weighs more? There’s literally nothing that indicates that

what I CAN tell you is that the Mach 1 has more tire, will hold higher Gs (see: PP2 vs GT350), will have better suspension compliance than PP2 (most likely right on par with the GT350), and most importantly, that A10

Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Damn, you're a fanboy 😂
Yes, the one who doesn’t even currently have a Mustang is the fanboy, not the one who is so desperate to keep his dated car relevant :facepalm:

Bulldogs22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Yes, the one who doesn’t even currently have a Mustang is the fanboy, not the one who is so desperate to keep his dated car relevant :facepalm:
Your entire car is borrowed old parts lol who is trying to stay relevant? One car was an innovator and first of its kind and the other is a lazy copy cat attempt. Also good luck with trail braking and pedal fade with those PP1 brakes on your super track focused mustang.

Gregger

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gregfmoore.com
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Am I the only one that really dislikes the styling on this? The wheels look like 1999. The rest doesn't look overly aggressive to me. I know there's definitely some throwback styling going on, but aside from the performance, I'm not interested at all.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The change we wanted was a NA CPC 5.2L to make it stand out instead of just being a track ready Mustang GT. Since they went with the 5.0 this really should have been done as a Boss 302.
I agree with the idea that it would be great if they put a larger displacement engine in the Mach 1. However, 0.2 liters extra displacement (12 ci.) is a marketing number more than anything.

Ford probably would have charged an extra thousand dollars for every cube, too. They should do it right and make a real change to displacement. Like at least 15% (5.7 or 5.8 liters). Less than 15% seems almost worse than no change to me. Virtually all you are doing is making the engine more expensive. The juice ain't worth the squeeze.
Sponsored