K4fxd

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Man dude went all toddler tantrum and nuked a buncha posts.....
I put a lot of time and money into this. I now understand why the ford tuners hold the information close.

Information I was willing to give for free.
Sponsored

NotagainV2

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
19 F150 19 Explorer 04 Thunderbird
If the Gen3 F150 manifold was worth while dont you think it would be on the Bullitt or Mach 1?

NotagainV2

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
Enjoy. Here is some worth while R&D on an intake manifold!

Not just slapping another OEM part on and trying to justify it being better.

OP
OP
K4fxd

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Apologies to the community. I see there is an ignore button.

OP
OP
K4fxd

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Enough people have PM'd me that I will update this when I have final results of the test.

I did find the ignore button and it works great.

Sorry for losing my temper,(excuse coming) I shouldn't mix good bourbon with an internet forum.

Sponsored

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
The best way to make TQ on these motors N/A is to run E85 and shove timing in down low. At the end of the day none of the manifolds are really game changers. It is a small displacement, dohc engine that can rev high and flow a ton of air. It is the polar opposite to the LT and Chrysler offerings. I have always had the opinion that the Coyote is more akin to a Honda engine than it's domestic brothers. To make this engine shine it needs to rev and cram as much air into it as you can. I personally love the way the Coyote runs and behaves, wouldn't have it any other way, but I can also respect that not everyone has the same opinions I do and expect different things out of their rides.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
For the truck manny nuthuggers haha here you go. Picked up 3 MPH ( no loss in ET ) with putting a GT manifold on a 2020 F-150.
3 mph = 30 hp

tw557

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT automatic
If the Gen3 F150 manifold was worth while dont you think it would be on the Bullitt or Mach 1?
Engineers need to sell cars. Cars that have the most PEAK power sell. Look, that is what everyone on here is looking at. These 5.0's are so gutless down low and I just can't believe so many owners just don't care. And thats fine, but 95% of MY time on the street is between 2500-4500 rpm. Why is it so wrong to want that to be better. All my 4cyl turbo cars were more fun in this area. I will gladly give up a few HP from 6500 to 7500. I don't drive like an ahole revved to the moon all day long.

NotagainV2

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
So save the 10 grand and buy an ecoboost Mustang then instead of a GT.

5.0s gutless downlow? LOL lemme guess youve never drove an A10 car.

Sponsored

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
To all those kool-aid drinkers out there who keep crapping in this thread, mind your own business. When you start paying my car payment for me then you can tell what to do with my car, otherwise I'll do what I want and I don't care what you think about it. If it bothers you that much then just stop reading this thread and just go away.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
To all those kool-aid drinkers out there who keep crapping in this thread, mind your own business. When you start paying my car payment for me then you can tell what to do with my car, otherwise I'll do what I want and I don't care what you think about it. If it bothers you that much then just stop reading this thread and just go away.
So an opposing point of view so people can make a INFORMED DECISION is a bad thing now ? Grow a pair buddy.

tw557

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT automatic
So save the 10 grand and buy an ecoboost Mustang then instead of a GT.

5.0s gutless downlow? LOL lemme guess youve never drove an A10 car.
I definately did try the A10. Unfortunately I just wasnt that impressed other then flatout, which really was impressive. just was too much shifting back and forth for my backroads and such. Then for the highway to get the passing pull it needed more paddle shift downshifts then I would have thought i needed. No matter what transmission you need to keep the car in the revs to have fun. I do like that alot actually when I drive it hard, but for the rest of the driving time and not wanting to sound like an ass around my area, I would LOVE to have a short shift torque monster. I had the ecoboost and I do miss that low end pull. Sure don't miss the fall on your face at 5000 though.

But I'm just saying, this GT has less pull from stop signs and such as my tuned 05 GT, and my wifes QX70 or my Ecoboost.

tw557

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT automatic
It's just disappointing that so many turbo 4cyl are a lot strong at 2000 then these 5.0. BUT since I have never driven a tuned Gt yet I'm hopeful I will be content once tuned. My Lito tuned 05 gt jumps and pulls better and way better then stock. But the thing is I just want as much torque as I can. I enjoy that effortless power. A very true statement is " torque puts the smile on your face, hp keeps it there.

When I roadraced motorcycles I loved a screaming high strung 600cc. When retired I put that on the street. It was boring. I got a big bore and had a blast with gobs of roll on TQ.

tw557

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT automatic
I would rather this truck intake dyno curve better then the gt but if the 18+ truck is better yet, great. And hopefully even better power at part throttle. I just don't concern myself with dyno charts because they are irrelevant to me. I might go wot once a week.

Screenshot_20210219-181736_Gallery.jpg
Sponsored