Sponsored

Ford announces Google partnership as its preferred Cloud provider beginning 2023

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Understood there is software that mines and interprets the mined data; BUT you still need PEOPLE to work with that data, regardless of how much data is being mined and extracted from millions of data points.

I’m not disagreeing that data isn’t being mined or that the mined data can be used in any format needed...

All I’m saying is -
1) Our personal data/info has been in the hands of MANY since BIRTH. The moment your data was logged on paper eons ago, and the moment any one of us has signed up for ABC application for whatever, whenever and wherever, be it online from the 90’s forward to current day - it’s been sold off to anyone anywhere on this planet and used for XYZ tracking or
purposes.

2) There’s not enough time for ANYONE to constantly review the data being transmitted from every “connected” vehicle on the planet at any given time - we’re talking data that is being gathered by the nano-seconds and is changing INSTANTLY.

1612467826880.jpeg

Using vehicle data for crash recreations and/or to get info for serious crimes - yes the data mined does come in handy - but it still has to be requested. It’s not like anyone has a digital folder on you, me or the next M6G member and can easily just open it and say “yep, look at this”.

My earlier post was to say that for those “disconnecting” devices in their S550’s due to Tin Foil Hat Syndrome is just silly. As more and more vehicles are reliant on digital modules and “feeds”, trying to disconnect such modules will be harder to do without causing drivability issues.

It’s also to say - doesn’t matter about what a vehicle has as far as being “connected” - people who have ANY digital device that are reading this very thread - YOU HAVE ALREADY BEEN LOGGED AND TRACKED the day you signed up for your ISP and/or phone, period. So if you’re going to disconnect, throw your mobile device in the nearest lake and cancel and/all “connections” to the modern world.
It’s not worth it man..... They will never drop the tin foil hat no matter how much you try to explain the situation...
Sponsored

OP
OP
Zelek

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Like I said before, I'm not that interesting. Take my data, whatever. Just don't go opening credit cards or accounts in my name and we're good. If you knew half of what was floating around on the Internet in the black market for data, you would never come out from under your rock.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
Pretty soon (I'm guessing in the next few years) some state (quite possibly California) will mandate speed monitoring GPS units in all new vehicles. And maybe even mandate retrofitting systems into cars without navigation systems.
Bite Thy Tongue foreteller of doom!

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Got any links to those SSM/TSB's?
Sure do:

• SSM 49089 - Effective Aug 13 2020
    2008-2020 Various Ford/Lincoln/Mercury Vehicles - Replacing/Upgrading Original Equipment SYNC/Navigation System Components Is Not Supported

• SSM 48442 - Effective Jan 10 2020
    2013-2020 Various Vehicles - Adding/Removing Features Using Programmable Parameters

• SSM 46332 - Effective Jan 24 2017
    2008-2017 Various Ford/Lincoln/Mercury Vehicles - Replacing/Upgrading Original Equipment SYNC/Navigation System Components Is Not Supported

• and I had posted this last year: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/ssm-48340-sync-“gt”-screen-ssm-48442-sync-mods.137347/

Last edited:

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Sure do:

How come I can't actually open or read any of those? Just opens a blank space that says there's no bulletin available.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
How come I can't actually open or read any of those? Just opens a blank space that says there's no bulletin available.
Links were broke - Google will find them...and if you opened the thread I linked, SSM 48430 & 48442 is in it.

Basically the meat of the SSM’s is this:

Ford is getting tired of working on vehicles coming in where someone has upgraded As Built modules and/or the As Built code. If it’s found to be modified, it won’t be covered under warranty... which depending on shop labor hours and any R&R costs, that’s gonna be out of pocket cost to the customer.

The above direction being distributed in SSM’s is only the start of Ford cracking down.

It will get worse as technology progresses and vehicle operation is more dependent on its modules to operate (start & run)... As I said earlier in this thread, it’s going to get harder for the Tin Foil Hatter to just randomly pull harnesses or disconnect modules in future vehicles that will rely on tech for 100% operation.

Last edited:

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Links were broke - Google will find them...and if you opened the thread I linked, SSM 48430 & 48442 is in it.

Basically the meat of the SSM’s is this:

Ford is getting tired of working on vehicles coming in where someone has upgraded As Built modules and/or the As Built code. If it’s found to be modified, it won’t be covered under warranty... which depending on shop labor hours and any R&R costs, that’s gonna be out of pocket cost to the customer.

The above direction being distributed in SSM’s is only the start of Ford cracking down.

It will get worse as technology progresses and vehicle operation is more dependent on its modules to operate (start & run)... As I said earlier in this thread, it’s going to get harder for the Tin Foil Hatter to just randomly pull harnesses or disconnect modules in future vehicles that will rely on tech for 100% operation.
Hmm, didn't think they cared. Sucks you can't even do minor changes like disabling double horn honk while running.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
2) There’s not enough time for ANYONE to constantly review the data being transmitted from every “connected” vehicle on the planet at any given time - we’re talking data that is being gathered by the nano-seconds and is changing INSTANTLY.

1612467826880.jpeg

Using vehicle data for crash recreations and/or to get info for serious crimes - yes the data mined does come in handy - but it still has to be requested. It’s not like anyone has a digital folder on you, me or the next M6G member and can easily just open it and say “yep, look at this”.
Have you heard of the Chinese "social credit" system? It's up and running, and scary as hell.
I'm not saying Ford's marriage with Google will result in that - of course it won't - I'm just saying nothing is impossible, and it certainly doesn't take the impossibly enormous effort that you think it does. Processing some automatically collected data for insurance purposes is a piece of cake compared to what the Chinese are already doing (e.g. real-time face recognition in all public spaces).
Whether we're ever going to see it in a democratic country, that's debatable. But impossible it is definitely not. It's already happening in China as we speak, on a scale that beggars belief.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Zelek

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1

Sponsored

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
Probably already does with my phone in the car. No difference, lol.
Good reason not to own an Android device.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Zelek

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
So true ........

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
Much better than owning an Apple device.
Think what you like. Makes no difference what the product thinks.
Sponsored