Sponsored

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Given a lot of these cars are dealer stock orders I'm not sure they really reflect which colors people like the best. For instance I'm sure a lot of dealers order Ford Performance Blue because it was an exclusive color to Ford Performance Products, black and white are normally the safe colors, etc.
Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Which is exactly why my first question was about customer ordered colors. I'd be interested to see the breakdown of what people ordered from the factory. That way we can truly determine the best color :crackup:
Since Ford shit the bed and dropped Kona, I've been wracking my brain on color selection. My current picks are:

1. Ford Performance Blue
2. Iconic Silver

As I've said, I gotta have my flake, so black, white, and Race Red are out. I'm not big on citrus colors on cars, so there goes Twister and that awful yellow. Rapid Red is drop dead gorgeous, but still red and thus a cop magnet. Antimatter might as well be black so that's out. Velocity, too light. Carbonized Gray is a straight up boring gray versus the awesome that is/was Magnetic, so that's out. Not much left, and FPB is exclusive to the GT500.

There's my weirdo logic. I wonder how many think similarly.

Last edited:

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Since Ford shit the bed and dropped Kona, I've been wracking my brain on color selection. My current picks are:

1. Ford Performance Blue
2. Iconic Silver

As I've said, I gotta have my flake, so black, white, and Race Red are out. I'm not big on citrus colors on cars, so there goes Twister and that awful yellow. Rapid Red is drop dead gorgeous, but still red and thus a cop magnet. Antimatter might as well be black so that's out. Carbonized Gray is a straight up boring gray versus the awesome that is/was Magnetic, so that's out. Not much left, and FPB is exclusive to the GT500.

There's my weirdo logic. I wonder how many think similarly.
Go with Iconic Silver. I haven't see any lighting condition where it looks bad hence why I ended up with it. My other choices were FP Blue, Velocity Blue and Magnetic. The blues only looked good in certain lighting conditions unlike Lightning Blue it replaced. Magnetic looks great in any lighting condition but I didn't find a dealer willing to do no more than MSRP with that color.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Go with Iconic Silver. I haven't see any lighting condition where it looks bad hence why I ended up with it. My other choices were FP Blue, Velocity Blue and Magnetic. The blues only looked good in certain lighting conditions unlike Lightning Blue it replaced. Magnetic looks great in any lighting condition but I didn't find a dealer willing to do no more than MSRP with that color.
It shows the lines well, that's for sure. If I went with stripes at all they'd be Kona for something different.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.

Sponsored

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Do NOT go with Iconic, its horrible. that leadfoot looks killer however

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
I think the customer ordered cars is only a partial sampling. Because my dealer ordered the car i spec'd out but put it in as regular dealer order/inventory. Interesting that Race Red will be a 'rarer' color for 2020, but not rare in the sense that there are TONS of mustang and Fords in Race Red over many years.

Sponsored

SEERED

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Vehicle(s)
20 GT500-LOUDMOUTH LIME
Just an observation on the venom and all the trending colors, why WET CEMENT and MUD?
Gotta give it cool name like "parking lot metallic" or "roof tile sunset"?

Edit - Now the Stelliantis cars look like bricks.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I was hoping for Honky Slice Whitebread but settled for Oxford. Oh well.

SEERED

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Vehicle(s)
20 GT500-LOUDMOUTH LIME
That's the color of my F250, but it works well with the lower stripe of oxidized airstream.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
We all know who has the green hornet one, Craig Jackson of barrett jackson auctions. He also has the 68 green hornet GT500 that he restored. When he won the auction for vin #001 of the 2020 GT 500, part of the deal is ford would paint it any color you wanted, he chose green hornet to match the only 68 ever painted in that color.

https://cdn.motor1.com/images/mgl/BMyL4/s1/first-2020-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500.jpg
I remember that newsreport! I thought that the color name sounded familiar. Looks freaking sweet!

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
See the quotes from you and the person posting a link before you even asked. :)

We all know who has the green hornet one, Craig Jackson of barrett jackson auctions. He also has the 68 green hornet GT500 that he restored. When he won the auction for vin #001 of the 2020 GT 500, part of the deal is ford would paint it any color you wanted, he chose green hornet to match the only 68 ever painted in that color.

https://cdn.motor1.com/images/mgl/BMyL4/s1/first-2020-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500.jpg
Anyone have a picture of the Venom painted GT500?
Sponsored