cahouston

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Hi everyone, can anyone share a setup they have that allows for good traction on the street in drag mode through the first 3 gears for an N/A car? Every once in a while, I'd like to be able to get into it from a dig or very slow roll in 1st and not have to feather the throttle.

I am on stock tune for now but will do E85 later this year. I have BMR CB010 and CB762. I have tried both Nitto 555r 275/40/17 and MT ET Street bias ply 26" tall on a 17x9 wheel and neither were great even after getting them heated up.

I know there are a lot of other factors like weather, road surface type and condition, and tire temp. I'm not looking to Street race (I have a drag strip for that), just looking to run through the first few gears with better traction.
Sponsored

FrankM5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401a package
I run Continental ProContact GX SSR tires 275/40/19 and i don't have an issue with traction only if i launch the car but from a dig i full throttle and never spin but i only use track mode i don't really use drag unless its a 60 roll etc

OP
OP

cahouston

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I run Continental ProContact GX SSR tires 275/40/19 and i don't have an issue with traction only if i launch the car but from a dig i full throttle and never spin but i only use track mode i don't really use drag unless its a 60 roll etc
I hadn't heard of those before but I'm surprised to hear an A/S hooks that well. Will look more into them. Since my car isn't a daily, I may just go with a Nitto 555RII once my MPS4S are done in the back.
Sponsored