Sponsored

Strange request from the Ford dealership

oldbmwfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Very sorry that you think people who use common sense are small-minded. The bottom line is that if you can't / are unwilling to test drive something before you buy it, and it turns out to suck, don't expect anyone else to fix it for you.
LOL, someone didn't actually understand the lesson. Question: what's your evidence that the buyer didn't test drive it? No assumptions allowed. I'll wait ...

I'm going to guess that you must chair a charitable organization for a living, and would be easily scammed out of a fortune for giving every Tom, Dick and Harry the benefit of the doubt at every turn.
Your guess is as incorrect as your assertions above. I do just fine selling logical analysis to F50 companies for a high hourly rate. They don't like unfounded assertions and lack of evidence, either, so it's a good thing I know the difference between assuming and knowing.

As far as being prone to assuming the worst from people....I come by it from experience. Having worked at a dealership early in my life, I'm pretty sure the textbook example in this scenario is the guy who bought the truck, while you could easily be defined as a textbook enabler.

Overly sensitive? I'd have to care first.

Good day, and good bye.
You know nothing about that buyer; you don't know whose idea it was to call the OP; you know nothing. THis is all you talking out your ass to impugn someone you have never met and will never meet. If *I* had to guess (and here is where I will admit I am making assumptions), your loud exhaust is compensating for something, so you feel personally threatened by a man who doesn't need that compensation in his life. As someone once said, "SAD!"

Good day to you.
Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
All I know is if anyone wanted any of the stock crap from various vehicles filling my shop attic, have at it.....

OP
OP
Ironhead_3

Ironhead_3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Heritage Edition
Wow.

Seems that GT350 owners are a very opinionated bunch.

For the record, I'm not a troll as someone may have eluded to. This really happened and I thought I would vent to some fellow gearheads that would more than likely share my sentiment. I expected some disagreement but come on guys. As some folks have pointed out this isn't a huge issue and I was simply passing judgement on the guy that bought my old truck for not liking the sound. At this point I've been demonized and even called names by some of you. Admittedly, I did call the guy that bought my truck a bitch in the OP so I suppose I opened that door.

For the record, I did go out and take a look and I don't have that factory muffler anymore anyway. I had to cut the flange off to use on the Roush muffler so I must have gotten rid of it with some other junk at some point.

To give some context to some of you, I don't have a vendetta or any ill feelings towards this dealership or the salesman I dealt with or the owner of the dealership who test drove my truck personally before I traded it. These guys were fantastic to deal with. I did however run into a guy that I assumed was the head of the parts dept or maybe the body shop that had to look at the front fender vent on my GT350 that was popping out. This guy was just plain rude. Typical arrogant guy that makes you feel like he's trying to find a reason that they weren't going to cover this and telling me I had to have it fixed within 30 days or Ford wouldn't cover it, blah, blah, blah. As soon as he was gone the salesman kept assuring me that there was no need to worry and that even if the part comes in that I won't have to take my car 75 miles to the dealership on salt covered roads during the central IL winter to get this fixed. Ok, cool. Exactly the way you SHOULD treat a guy that just bought a $70k sports car.

Fast forward to the incident in question. Guess who called me to ask for this muffler? That same guy that was rude to me. One part of our phone conversation that I didn't mention was that after I told him that maybe this wasn't the right vehicle for this fella in the first place he went on to tell me about how this guy had tons of money and he could buy these kind of toys and do what he wants with them. Yeah, he just said this to the guy that traded up to a GT350 as a toy. Again, this guy is being rude and condescending to me. Well, if his buddy is that loaded with cash then he can go pay for a factory exhaust to be reinstalled. What do I care?

I don't know the guy that bought it. He may be a great guy. I was probably still irritated by the guy on the phone when I made the OP. Either way, everyone needs to take a breath. I'm not a bad guy. The guy that bought my Raptor isn't either. The guy that called me, well he's a bit of a jerk. I was trying to be funny to some fellow gearheads.

So, LIGHTEN UP FRANCIS

Sponsored

oldbmwfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Wow.

Seems that GT350 owners are a very opinionated bunch.

For the record, I'm not a troll as someone may have eluded to. This really happened and I thought I would vent to some fellow gearheads that would more than likely share my sentiment. I expected some disagreement but come on guys. As some folks have pointed out this isn't a huge issue and I was simply passing judgement on the guy that bought my old truck for not liking the sound. At this point I've been demonized and even called names by some of you. Admittedly, I did call the guy that bought my truck a bitch in the OP so I suppose I opened that door.

For the record, I did go out and take a look and I don't have that factory muffler anymore anyway. I had to cut the flange off to use on the Roush muffler so I must have gotten rid of it with some other junk at some point.

To give some context to some of you, I don't have a vendetta or any ill feelings towards this dealership or the salesman I dealt with or the owner of the dealership who test drove my truck personally before I traded it. These guys were fantastic to deal with. I did however run into a guy that I assumed was the head of the parts dept or maybe the body shop that had to look at the front fender vent on my GT350 that was popping out. This guy was just plain rude. Typical arrogant guy that makes you feel like he's trying to find a reason that they weren't going to cover this and telling me I had to have it fixed within 30 days or Ford wouldn't cover it, blah, blah, blah. As soon as he was gone the salesman kept assuring me that there was no need to worry and that even if the part comes in that I won't have to take my car 75 miles to the dealership on salt covered roads during the central IL winter to get this fixed. Ok, cool. Exactly the way you SHOULD treat a guy that just bought a $70k sports car.

Fast forward to the incident in question. Guess who called me to ask for this muffler? That same guy that was rude to me. One part of our phone conversation that I didn't mention was that after I told him that maybe this wasn't the right vehicle for this fella in the first place he went on to tell me about how this guy had tons of money and he could buy these kind of toys and do what he wants with them. Yeah, he just said this to the guy that traded up to a GT350 as a toy. Again, this guy is being rude and condescending to me. Well, if his buddy is that loaded with cash then he can go pay for a factory exhaust to be reinstalled. What do I care?

I don't know the guy that bought it. He may be a great guy. I was probably still irritated by the guy on the phone when I made the OP. Either way, everyone needs to take a breath. I'm not a bad guy. The guy that bought my Raptor isn't either. The guy that called me, well he's a bit of a jerk. I was trying to be funny to some fellow gearheads.

So, LIGHTEN UP FRANCIS
I for one appreciate both the extra context and the fact that you went to check if you had the parts. Thanks for the update. (Also I get that the call coming from someone who was a jerk before colored your view of the situation.)
Sponsored