Sponsored

Ordering a new car. If you could have either the B&O stereo or active exhaust?

obgod3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, PP1, 401A, A10
I have both, I’m not an audiophile of any kind and I dont listen to music too loud...you young guys will figure it out when your ears ring and buzz constantly .....I can hear it now as I type...anyway I like the B&O and the Active Exhaust. Pretty cheap options and from a payment perspective its not a big deal. But the exhaust is nice, I do use the quiet mode a lot since i leave very early and dont want to be an asshole to my family and some very good neighbors. LOL. Also the sport mode to me is negligible from normal, but track mode is a big difference. I like quiet mode on long trips also. For the stereo well I listen mostly to sports radio so I dont give a crap that much....pandora a also but not loud. My 02.
Sponsored

OP
OP

LeroyJohsan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Leroy
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I went by and looked at a non AE car this evening. The cold start and revving sounded amazing. Now I’m not sure if I should even listen to an AE. Ignorance is bliss, right? Ha!

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
I love the active exhaust!!!! I was in same boat as you, was gonna get base model... However, this was my first brand new car purchase... If you are debating em, then get em. You only live once, get what you want!!! especially with a new car.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Are you looking for a specific color that requires you to have to order the 2021? It would seem that GT’s are readily available. At several dealerships. Maybe even ask if your dealer can locate what you want. Dealers often trade with one another and will even go pick the car up for you within a certain distance. When I bought my Bullitt, the local dealer was willing to go pick it up 4 hours away. However, we couldn’t agree on the price, so my wife and I drove the 4 hours and bought the car from the dealer that had it and my local dealer lost the sale for trying to be greedy.

OP
OP

LeroyJohsan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Leroy
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Are you looking for a specific color that requires you to have to order the 2021? It would seem that GT’s are readily available. At several dealerships. Maybe even ask if your dealer can locate what you want. Dealers often trade with one another and will even go pick the car up for you within a certain distance. When I bought my Bullitt, the local dealer was willing to go pick it up 4 hours away. However, we couldn’t agree on the price, so my wife and I drove the 4 hours and bought the car from the dealer that had it and my local dealer lost the sale for trying to be greedy.
I’m ordering it on A plan so negotiation doesn’t really matter much to me.

Sponsored

P2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red Mustang GT Premium
Get both... I did.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I have a minivan for that
OMG.....you don't admit that on a Mustang forum.
I’m ordering it on A plan so negotiation doesn’t really matter much to me.
So what is more important to you? The sound of your engine or the sound of your stereo? And since you're doing "A" plan how much of a stretch would it be for you to get both?

MIDLYFE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
It’s not annoying to switch exhaust notes. I would ask, do you intend to drive your car hard or stay at or around the speed limit? If the answer is yes, then maybe the stereo mod would be the way for you to go, but if you do intend on driving it hard, you will most likely start modding it at some point. I said I wasn’t going to mod my Bullitt and after adding several suspension components, exhaust and even nitrous, nothing could have been further from the truth.

Oh and the center speaker delete or unplug is a must. The center speaker made my B&O stereo sound like I was watching a movie on TV. I ended up removing it altogether. I suggest taking your favorite music on a thumb drive to the dealership and testing it out to different songs and play with the radio settings (with the engine running), to see what you would think about it.
How did you delete your center speaker? I'd like to remove the green wire from under the driver side kick panel, but I'm not sure how to safely remove the kick panel.

Veteran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT white
I have both. If I could only take one I’d take audio . You can always fit a aftermarket exhaust later .
Less invasive than ripping at your wires to put in a better system.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I would choose the B&O because I want the mustang to be heard. I don’t talk to my neighbors and I don’t give a damn what they think about my car loud or not. If I want quiet I would drive my Honda Accord and not because I afraid of my neighbors.
If you really didn't care about your neighbors (and other people), you wouldn't want your car "to be heard".

The key to truly being a grumpy old man, is truly, epically not giving slightest bit of a fuck what anyone thinks. About anything.

Sponsored

rams1919

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I have both in my 19 GT. Active Exhaust > BO. Quite Mode keeps me from pissing off the neighbors and allows for a nice quiet road trip while track lets me enjoy the best part of the car... that sweet sweet v8

FunkinGoNuts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Carbonized Gray GT

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
How did you delete your center speaker? I'd like to remove the green wire from under the driver side kick panel, but I'm not sure how to safely remove the kick panel.
I followed this video because I didn’t want to have to remove the whole dash again, nor did I want to cut the speaker wire at the amp. It worked perfectly with no damage to the dash or speaker cover and allowed me to unplug and remove the speaker altogether.

RonsterGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
‘22 5.0 GT/‘16 F150 XLT/‘21 Explorer Platinum
I personally went non-active exhaust and standard stereo for a couple of reasons:

1. I knew I was going to intall a Ford Performance by Borla exhaust

2. I have a "regular" stereo in my F150 and it's fine for me

As an aside, I had active exhaust in my C7 Z06 Corvette, and it was rather frustrating for a few reasons. Valves open and close @ different rpm/throttle settings depending on mode.
So in track, it starts off quiet, then valves open, then close at speed...then open, then close...and repeat. Sport and tour, same thing. I'd drive and fart around with the mode selector trying to get it right. Removing the fuse resulted in drone....

So, I now have FP by Borla Sport with a Borla resonator and stock stereo on my Mustang and I can focus on the drive!

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I test drove AE a few weeks ago prior to my order and while it was neat, im ripping my exhaust out for a roush catback day 1 so it would have been pointless for me.
Just wondering why pay hundreds more for the Roush than AE? You could even add a H/X pipe to AE and it would still be cheaper. And sound fantastic.
Sponsored