Sponsored

Ordering a new car. If you could have either the B&O stereo or active exhaust?

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
In that case, the B&O system does sound better than the base system.

I don’t see myself every upgrading it from stock so that’s why I’m on the fence.

I have head the base stereo and I don’t care for it much but I haven’t heard the stock exhaust.
Sponsored

OP
OP

LeroyJohsan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Leroy
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
How bad does the stock exhaust sound? Videos don’t seem too different.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
go to dealership and ask to hear some, im sure a dealership around you somewhere has one. imo that would be my first thing I would want to listen too before paying for that feature.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
It sounds a lot better than the stock exhaust on a lot of cars. :)

How bad does the stock exhaust sound? Videos don’t seem too different.

Sponsored

WarmFZI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Convertible
I have both, AE for sure. Disabled the center speaker to improve the B&O

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Does it get annoying at all to have to switch the mode every time you drive?
Fuck noooooo!!!

You get into the cockpit. Start adjusting modes, set this, set that. Engine warming........

It's a fun part of the driving experience. Like yelling at Scotty you need....more power.

1611673751976.png

Last edited:

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
It’s not annoying to switch exhaust notes. I would ask, do you intend to drive your car hard or stay at or around the speed limit? If the answer is yes, then maybe the stereo mod would be the way for you to go, but if you do intend on driving it hard, you will most likely start modding it at some point. I said I wasn’t going to mod my Bullitt and after adding several suspension components, exhaust and even nitrous, nothing could have been further from the truth.

Oh and the center speaker delete or unplug is a must. The center speaker made my B&O stereo sound like I was watching a movie on TV. I ended up removing it altogether. I suggest taking your favorite music on a thumb drive to the dealership and testing it out to different songs and play with the radio settings (with the engine running), to see what you would think about it.

tnk_2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT, 401A, auto, CS, Ford SS.
I would choose the B&O because I want the mustang to be heard. I don’t talk to my neighbors and I don’t give a damn what they think about my car loud or not. If I want quiet I would drive my Honda Accord and not because I afraid of my neighbors.

WarmFZI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Convertible
...and going to quite mode on long freeway trips lets you hear the sound system better (at least from sport or track mode). Also makes conversation with significant other nicer.
When you get to the canyons, put the top down and go to track mode and hear the coyote howl. Track mode is much louder than stock without AE (my son has a '18 GT).

Sponsored

tnk_2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT, 401A, auto, CS, Ford SS.
I guess if you drive it on long trip. My borla atak is actually not loud if I just cruise at low rpm. I don’t drive the mustang on long road trip cause it not comfortable. I have a minivan for that.

NTXChris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT
I have both, and I'd take the B&O over AE. I turned down two other PP1 GTs because I just didn't like the 9 speaker stereo.

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
On my current 2020 GT Premium I have both. This car is being bought back and the new one that will be ordered 2021 GT Premium will also have those 2 options.

Get both you wont regret it

Berry79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 S550
I’d skip both and put the money in aftermarket exhaust and stereo. I Have the B&O. It’s ok, but definitely going to upgrade that as well. Can’t comment on the active exhaust, I ordered mine without, knowing the exhaust was the first thing I was upgrading on the car.
Sponsored