Sponsored

Looking into doing meth injection, on my D1x Procharger set up.

Those of you that have meth now, are you using it for cooling or fuel and cooling with timing added?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys, just wanted to get opinions from the folks that use meth injection on their boosted Coyotes. In my area there is no e-85. So I’m limited power-wise on pump 93. I want to turn it up with a 4.50 pulley and i’m thinking meth injection is the ticket. I will be talking to my tuner about it soon. Anyway please chime in your experiences, thanks
Sponsored

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
I’m going to jump in on this as well! I’m in the same boat with no e85 but with an Edelbrock blower.
Hopefully the experts will weigh in.
I searched for this last night and there’s a couple of threads but not a ton of info.
Thanks!!

S550AC11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
17 PP GT
I've always been curious about Meth as well. GM guys love it and use it all the time. What is different in their ECU that allows them to do it safely vs Coyote?

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
I've always been curious about Meth as well. GM guys love it and use it all the time. What is different in their ECU that allows them to do it safely vs Coyote?
Who says you cant use it safely with a coyote?

Sponsored

S550AC11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
17 PP GT
Who says you cant use it safely with a coyote?
Seems like all the major Coyote tuners don't like it and won't tune for it, mine included. I'm just wondering why GM guys use it and don't have a problem tuning for it.

GuardGT

is currently pooping
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crimson GT 10r80
Im currently running pump 91, torco, and a snow methanol kit, I believe it’s the stage 2 or 2.5. I’m running it for the sole reason of keeping IAT in check on hotter days, however I still need to relocate my IAT sensor for the computer to recognize the benefits. Our IAT is with the MAF and you can’t spray before the MAF, so I guess there’s one reason these cars aren’t ideal for meth.
Meth is just not popular in the coyote world, and I truly don’t know why. It’s the ONLY way these blown vette guys are running blowers at the power levels they are, and if you talk to any of the vette guys... they all assume that blown coyotes are running meth like them.
Anyway, I’ve liked my meth kit because it’s a little reassurance if I get a bad tank of fuel or something has a hiccup, when I’m in boost I have some more octane and cooler IATs. My tuner added a tune for it after I sent him a few logs showing no knock, and he added a few degrees of timing but nothing crazy. Picked up a few tenths on the dragy, not much difference in the seat of the pants. I like to play it super safe because eventually the meth system will fail in some way, and that’s not worth a motor to me.
Take into consideration that when remote tuned on pump gas, tuners play it safe with timing because of the uncontrollable variables in pump fuel. For example you could potentially be running 21 degrees of timing on 91 making max power, but the most they’ll allow is 18 in case you get some bad fuel. It’s not worth a customer losing a motor and their reputation for an extra 30hp on one dudes street driven blower car.
Take a look into torco as well as methanol, the cost and benefits, and then make a decision with your tuner. Shoot me a PM if you want me to break down the two in detail and talk more specifics.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Im currently running pump 91, torco, and a snow methanol kit, I believe it’s the stage 2 or 2.5. I’m running it for the sole reason of keeping IAT in check on hotter days, however I still need to relocate my IAT sensor for the computer to recognize the benefits. Our IAT is with the MAF and you can’t spray before the MAF, so I guess there’s one reason these cars aren’t ideal for meth.
Meth is just not popular in the coyote world, and I truly don’t know why. It’s the ONLY way these blown vette guys are running blowers at the power levels they are, and if you talk to any of the vette guys... they all assume that blown coyotes are running meth like them.
Anyway, I’ve liked my meth kit because it’s a little reassurance if I get a bad tank of fuel or something has a hiccup, when I’m in boost I have some more octane and cooler IATs. My tuner added a tune for it after I sent him a few logs showing no knock, and he added a few degrees of timing but nothing crazy. Picked up a few tenths on the dragy, not much difference in the seat of the pants. I like to play it super safe because eventually the meth system will fail in some way, and that’s not worth a motor to me.
Take into consideration that when remote tuned on pump gas, tuners play it safe with timing because of the uncontrollable variables in pump fuel. For example you could potentially be running 21 degrees of timing on 91 making max power, but the most they’ll allow is 18 in case you get some bad fuel. It’s not worth a customer losing a motor and their reputation for an extra 30hp on one dudes street driven blower car.
Take a look into torco as well as methanol, the cost and benefits, and then make a decision with your tuner. Shoot me a PM if you want me to break down the two in detail and talk more specifics.
Sorry if I missed it. Are you NA or blown and which one? Yea, I don’t understand why the hasn’t really caught on with Coyote guys either.
I see Snow has a stage 2.5. Is that it?

GuardGT

is currently pooping
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crimson GT 10r80
Sorry if I missed it. Are you NA or blown and which one? Yea, I don’t understand why the hasn’t really caught on with Coyote guys either.
I see Snow has a stage 2.5. Is that it?
that’s my bad, I deleted a part to shorten my novel of a message. I’m running a Paxton 2200sl on my 18, 3.625 pulley, 91 with torco, the largest methanol jet the kit came with, and ran 9.90 @144 last time out.
I just confirmed I have the snow stage 2.5 kit, easy as hell to setup and has worked really well (so far... had in the car about 10 months). The kit has the option for plastic push-loc or braided lines, I bought the push-loc and will be switching to a braided line really soon.

I don’t know who started it, but A&A includes meth in some of their vette kits, and others have followed suit. Meth with them is more common than replacing opg/cs with coyotes lol. I mean I can understand that the gen 3 has higher compression, dual injection, the fuel system is limited. I can picture a million reasons and excuses why tuners won’t touch meth, but it is a great addition if done correctly. If I was a tuner I’d build my own meth kit and offer it in tuning packages and destroy my competition, but that’s just me

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
GM guys have issues supplying fuel on their DI motors. DI parts are expensive, auxiliary port injection is expensive, cam with big fuel lobe is expensive......$600 meth kit isn’t and you can just size up the nozzle or add a second nozzle.

Sponsored

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
There is two ways to run meth. Safety and performance. Running it to stay safe is great but it just adds a layer of protection from all the other variables.

Running it for performance is risky. These systems are not know for there longevity or reliability from a standpoint of one hiccup cost a block. That’s why most tuners won’t tune for them. It’s playing with invisible fire.
I like that... literally and figuratively... playing with invisible fire!

I’m in the first group - the safety part. I’m sure even with that in mind it will add a few ponies the the tally.

GuardGT

is currently pooping
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crimson GT 10r80
I like that... literally and figuratively... playing with invisible fire!

I’m in the first group - the safety part. I’m sure even with that in mind it will add a few ponies the the tally.
That’s exactly why I did mine. I was on the 3.8 vortech pulley running 10.8ish, then did the meth and the 3.6 vortech pulley and ran 10.2s. Swapped to the griptec 3.625 and ran 9.90. Swapping to a griptec 3.5 soon as well, I don’t think I would have strayed to the smaller pulleys without the little reassurance of the meth.
*side note* the griptec has possibly been the best $190 I’ve spent on the car. Definite consideration for anyone looking for some more power without making many serious changes.

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
Just dont tune it to rely on the meth. I had my ecoboost flex tuned a little to hot on the meth. Had a pump fail with my snow stage 3 kit. Put a devils own pump in. It failed (like went to shit inside pump) was hidden out of the elements and had protective sleeve on it. Second pump failed the block turned into swiss cheese. oops...

OP
OP
Dominant1

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Looking at this kit:

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Looking at this kit:

ok. Looked at that kit and website. Kit looks good...

but...

in the dyno diagram they used a Plymouth Laser
Turbo. Certainly they could find a more recent car to test it on. No offense, but I’m thinking this the Plymouth Laser Diamond Star car of 1990-1992. (I had an Eagle Talon AWD of the same vintage back then).
Everything was looking good until that test...

anyone else care to chime in on this?
https://www.aemelectronics.com/sites/default/files/water-meth_horsepower.jpg
Sponsored