Looked on cars.com and saw Mach1 ads

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Well “they can afford it” is not always the case imo. Many people in general go over their income limits on car, house, and misc purchases all the time.
And those folks “believe” they can afford it.
Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I could afford to pay an ADM (within reason), but it's not the way I'm wired.....

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'd give my left nut to be able to just order the car I want online and bypass the dealers and their bullshit tactics altogether.
This is the way it’ll be in the future... dealerships are living on borrowed time (thank god). Just sucks that by the time that’s implemented, they probably won’t be selling any cars that I’m interested in, since they’ll all be electric autonomous blob-mobiles by then

OP
OP
traxiii

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
It's hella cheaper to just have someone teach her to drive stick.
I'll give you her email address and you can tell her that too. :like: She has no desire to learn to row gears, even from me.

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
Dealer ADM is a badge of honor to the owners who pay it.
They can afford it, doesn't even put a dent in their personal expense account.
Let it be.
"typical" millionaires don't overspend as that's how they got wealthy in the first place. Ultra wealthy that can actually splurge don't get Mustangs as status symbols. There's a reason why get rich schemes feature mansions and fancy cars to draw in financially uneducated, not middle-class houses and pony/normal cars.

1611598783451.png

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Ultra wealthy that can actually splurge don't get Mustangs as status symbols.
some "knuckle-head" in a polo shirt paid 5.4 million for a Shelby 427 the other day, though. :)

I wish for once one of these guys would show up in top hat and monocle, and a dozen slaves fawning over his every move at an auction site. And when Junior is making his stupid antics to have his butler walk over and smack the guy across the face with white driving gloves and to "sit yo ass down".

Last edited:
OP
OP
traxiii

traxiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
some "knuckle-head" in a polo shirt paid 5.4 million for a Shelby 427 the other day, though. :)

I wish for once one of these guys would show up in top hat and monocle, and a dozen slaves fawning over his every move would show up at an auction site. And when Junior is making his stupid antics to have his butler walk over and smack the guy across the face with white driving gloves and to "sit yo ass down".
Yeah, that knucklehead bought Carrol Shelby's personal 427 Cobra. Its one of the first Cobras with bone-fides up the wazoo, and apparently the most valuable 427 Cobra ever built, not just a Shelby 427.

For some reason some rich guys like to walk around in comfortable attire and that doesn't bother me. I know a few of them, and unless you saw his house, all his toys, or his trophy wife, you'd probably think he was a plumbing contractor or some other regular guy. You see a lot of them at vintage racing events. Its hard to tell the owners from the mechanics most of the time.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
For some reason some rich guys like to walk around in comfortable attire and that doesn't bother me. I know a few of them, and unless you saw his house, all his toys, or his trophy wife, you'd probably think he was a plumbing contractor or some other regular guy. You see a lot of them at vintage racing events. Its hard to tell the owners from the mechanics most of the time.
I know a couple of these guys too, and you'd never know by seeing them or talking to them that they are well-heeled. One is a serious musclecar-era Mopar collector and does a good chunk of his own wrenching.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
First thing I do with these cars is factor in MSRP, then tax, then find out what my car is worth both private party and trade in. Then I'm looking at interest rates through my credit union.

I did this on what would be an 83k GT500 (Yeah, that's close to MSRP which is a dream), factored in about a 30k down payment with the trade in and cash and that still comes out to $963 a month. Could I do it? Probably. Do I want to do it? No, that's stupid and having a car payment that high is insane. I'm good with anywhere from 400-500 a month tops. Not worth putting myself in any sort of financial pressure for a toy.

Mach 1 would probably be more in my price range, but I realistically tried to see if a GT 500 could be a possibility even with a dream deal.

The part I'm having a hard time fathoming is my current 17' GT with 401A, PP, Nav, etc and I paid $35900 before TTL (MSRP was $44,370). So you're telling me in about a 4 year time span, inflation has kicked in this much to a point where Mustangs are approaching 50-60k? As much as I love these cars including the Mach 1, I'm really having a hard time justifying the price tag. I love the setup and the options on them, but damn, $60,000 for a loaded Mach 1 with the handling package? We're in GT350 territory now. All I have to say is this thing better perform on par or better with a GT350 at that price level. It certainly has the right manifold on it for starters. The 10-speed I think will be the gotcha that the GT350 didn't have.

OP
OP
traxiii

traxiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
I know a couple of these guys too, and you'd never know by seeing them or talking to them that they are well-heeled. One is a serious musclecar-era Mopar collector and does a good chunk of his own wrenching.
I was talking to a really nice guy in the pits at Laguna Seca, in front of a large group of vintage Ford race cars. It turned out he owned all of them and quite a few more. They were vintage Trans Am and IMSA GTO Fords, a couple original Boss 302s, Roush built GTO Mustangs, and GTO Merkur as well as a bunch of stuff he left at home at his, apparently huge shop. He even had some of the original drivers out there running them through their paces. If it wasn't for guys like him, we'd hardly ever get to see cars like those, and probably never out racing on the track.

Sponsored
OP
OP
traxiii

traxiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
First thing I do with these cars is factor in MSRP, then tax, then find out what my car is worth both private party and trade in. Then I'm looking at interest rates through my credit union.

I did this on what would be an 83k GT500 (Yeah, that's close to MSRP which is a dream), factored in about a 30k down payment with the trade in and cash and that still comes out to $963 a month. Could I do it? Probably. Do I want to do it? No, that's stupid and having a car payment that high is insane. I'm good with anywhere from 400-500 a month tops. Not worth putting myself in any sort of financial pressure for a toy.

Mach 1 would probably be more in my price range, but I realistically tried to see if a GT 500 could be a possibility even with a dream deal.

The part I'm having a hard time fathoming is my current 17' GT with 401A, PP, Nav, etc and I paid $35900 before TTL (MSRP was $44,370). So you're telling me in about a 4 year time span, inflation has kicked in this much to a point where Mustangs are approaching 50-60k? As much as I love these cars including the Mach 1, I'm really having a hard time justifying the price tag. I love the setup and the options on them, but damn, $60,000 for a loaded Mach 1 with the handling package? We're in GT350 territory now. All I have to say is this thing better perform on par or better with a GT350 at that price level. It certainly has the right manifold on it for starters. The 10-speed I think will be the gotcha that the GT350 didn't have.
Should be real close to the GT350 but with more electronics and a chance to buy it with the 10 speed auto. If it is, the price is not that far out of whack, with the main difference being the Coyote vs. Voodoo, and the Voodoo is not a clear winner with it's "issues". The other thing the GT350 has is the name value GT350 vs. Mach1, the Mach1 doesn't have the pedigree the Shelby does, even if Carrol had no hand in the latest version.

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
Yeah, that knucklehead bought Carrol Shelby's personal 427 Cobra. Its one of the first Cobras with bone-fides up the wazoo, and apparently the most valuable 427 Cobra ever built, not just a Shelby 427.
Indeed, can't really compare a one-of-a-kind car to mass produced modern pony cars.

Nothing wrong with buying expensive cars if that's what you truly want, but I hate it when people pretend cars are an investment to rationalize spending a lot of money on a toy.

For example, Tesla Model S ranks among the best for the low depreciation rate, but if you bought Tesla stock instead...

If You Bought Tesla Stock Instead Of A Model S At Launch, Here's How Much You'd Have Now

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
the question ought to be 60k? as in 3k from a GT350? And I thought the Voodoo engine was so speshul!

Or if you rather, it has 7k more content than a fully kitted Bullitt w/ Recaro and MR?

Last edited: