Sponsored

Mustang vs ZLE

newmoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Cobra, 10 SS, 12 392, 12 5.0
lol, am I the only one that is laughing out here?!?

Quoting a Motor Trend article that try’s numerous times to explain away why the 350R is within sneezing distance of the ZL1 with 200 less torque and 120 less horsepower, and then using the same article to declare how superior the ZL1 chassis is...

...who gives a crap man, buy what ya like and drive it, this argument will go on until the end of time :)🙃:)
The ZL1 lost the comparison because the R is simply the better car, like it has lost nearly every h2h comparison on the internet.
Sponsored

newmoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Cobra, 10 SS, 12 392, 12 5.0
To sum up most of the reviews ive seen on my internet

ZLE: better track car and better interior
350R: more daily driver friendly
Please show me these where the reviewers picked the ZL1 over the 350R.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
for a track car? you can look at almost any comparison video of the two to find that. Why wouldnt they? the zle and ss 1le have better times and they say are easier to get those times with.

im at work, so id have to find those videos and reviews later.

Sponsored

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
from motortrend, others have said it as well..

"That big lump of a supercharged V-8-while potent-puts way too much weight in exactly the wrong spot. For reference, the SS 1LE weighs in at 3,735 pounds. I will also go on record stating that I preferred the way the SS 1LE handled compared to the ZL1-and also to the GT350R."

5.2 liters of democracy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray GT350
from motortrend, others have said it as well..

"That big lump of a supercharged V-8-while potent-puts way too much weight in exactly the wrong spot. For reference, the SS 1LE weighs in at 3,735 pounds. I will also go on record stating that I preferred the way the SS 1LE handled compared to the ZL1-and also to the GT350R."
Preference ≠ Better

5.2 liters of democracy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
not sure that was the question or the argument.
You stated it was better (Post 78). You were asked to provide information where the ZL1 was picked over the 350R (Post 79). You picked a statement that had nothing to do with the ZL1 being a better track car as you mentioned in post 78 (Post 81).

Please explain how what I said was inaccurate.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
You stated it was better (Post 78). You were asked to provide information where the ZL1 was picked over the 350R (Post 79). You picked a statement that had nothing to do with the ZL1 being a better track car as you mentioned in post 78 (Post 81).

Please explain how what I said was inaccurate.
" Please show me these where the reviewers picked the ZL1 over the 350R. "

reading comprehension goes a long way. a review will show people picking one over the other, better is evidenced by times. the person i responded to asked for a reviewer that picked one over the 350r, not one that was better. I answered that.

to add, and to be more accurate, i never said the zl1 is a better track car. the ZLE is (you know what the title of the thread is..yes? and the difference of the 1le package?). The ss 1le is right there with the 350/r.

the only part ill admit is my recent quote is more of the ss 1le, but i still felt it was worth adding.

its not hard to find reviews (and track times) on the internet. close your eyes and pick one, most will say the same thing. Its not my problem that shelby owners dont like seeing the zle/ss 1le competing with it. I think its a good thing to have competition.

Last edited:

Sponsored

5.2 liters of democracy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
I pointed something out in a factual manner and was hoping you could keep the tone. Unfortunately you had to be snarky so I'll put this a way that maybe you can understand.

" Please show me these where the reviewers picked the ZL1 over the 350R. "

reading comprehension goes a long way.
Clearly. You should obviously give it a try as I just pointed out.

to be more accurate, i never said the zl1 is a better track car. the ZLE is (you know what the title of the thread is..yes? and the difference of the 1le package?). The ss 1le is right there with the 350/r.

the only part ill admit is my recent quote is more of the ss 1le, but i still felt it was worth adding.
You replied to a comment about the ZL1 losing head to head reviews and followed it up with your ZLE statement. You do what what that post is about right? Man, you must be on a different internet than I am. :wink:

It isn't "more of the SS 1LE," it is about the SS 1LE. He preferred it to both the ZL1 and the 350R. The ZLE doesn't magically remove the weight from the front of the car, which is what he had issue with. No matter how stiff the dampening is, you still have the weight penalty.

its not hard to find reviews (and track times) on the internet. close your eyes and pick one, most will say the same thing. Its not my problem that shelby owners dont like seeing the zle/ss 1le competing with it. I think its a good thing to have competition.
The ZLE will absolutely beat the 350R in lap times. Without a doubt. I'll also go on record and say any Shelby owner who thinks that someone in a Camaro can't compete with them is in for a rude awakening. These cars are going to be separated by who is driving them in most situations. Competition is great and the ZLE is a fantastic car. That being said, "better" is going to be defined differently by every person that comes into this thread because it is almost always subjective to someone's tastes.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I pointed something out in a factual manner and was hoping you could keep the tone. Unfortunately you had to be snarky so I'll put this a way that maybe you can understand.

Clearly. You should obviously give it a try as I just pointed out.

You replied to a comment about the ZL1 losing head to head reviews and followed it up with your ZLE statement. You do what what that post is about right? Man, you must be on a different internet than I am. :wink:

It isn't "more of the SS 1LE," it is about the SS 1LE. He preferred it to both the ZL1 and the 350R. The ZLE doesn't magically remove the weight from the front of the car, which is what he had issue with. No matter how stiff the dampening is, you still have the weight penalty.

The ZLE will absolutely beat the 350R in lap times. Without a doubt. I'll also go on record and say any Shelby owner who thinks that someone in a Camaro can't compete with them is in for a rude awakening. These cars are going to be separated by who is driving them in most situations. Competition is great and the ZLE is a fantastic car. That being said, "better" is going to be defined differently by every person that comes into this thread because it is almost always subjective to someone's tastes.
I apologize for the snarky remark. I admittedly had to deal with some bs at work and should not have brought it to the forum.

5.2 liters of democracy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
I apologize for the snarky remark. I admittedly had to deal with some bs at work and should not have brought it to the forum.
Hey man, no worries. I think we've all been there. I'd still love to share a track with that car of yours! I'm a fan of both.