Why DIDN'T you get a camaro?

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I think the Camaro interior is good, but to me the Mustang is better in this regard excluding the seats. Little things like the wheel, the door panels and the start button are better in the Mustang. It's all subjective though. I think Alcantara is horrible so I don't really count it as an upgrade over leather when you look at the higher trims. The Mustang digital dash is also far superior.
the mustang digital dash is pretty awesome.

i do like the cluster on the camaro too though, and the heads up display is pretty awesome and something IMO the mustang should have as well.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
the mustang digital dash is pretty awesome.

i do like the cluster on the camaro too though, and the heads up display is pretty awesome and something IMO the mustang should have as well.
Agreed on the heads up display. I think GM has a patent on it though, so nobody else has bothered to copy it or come up with a different method (or pay GM)

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Agreed on the heads up display. I think GM has a patent on it though, so nobody else has bothered to copy it or come up with a different method (or pay GM)
what do you mean? maybe im misunderstanding what you are saying

there are many other car makers that have heads up displays in their vehicles.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
what do you mean? maybe im misunderstanding what you are saying

there are many other car makers that have heads up displays in their vehicles.
Like who? Maybe I'm just unaware lol. Luxury and supercars yes, but other cars in this price range?

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
With the LT2 IM swap, that has been a recent development with the LT1. I believe the first swap occurred about 4 months ago? Full exhaust, catless headers, ported LT2 IM and LT5 TB, larger fuel injectors, tune for E85, plus sticky tires and a great launch might be enough to crack 10s in the 1/4 mile on stock heads and cam.
That's the thing though, Gen 3s can get into the 10s with less mods than that. FBO + e85 with a tire is enough. Stock intake manifold + TB, and no need to touch the fuel system.

CCCP1999

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
CHAS
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
It's cute how you bought a Camaro, and now feel like you have to tow the party line, so to speak :giggle:

Seriously though, the Mustang outselling the Camaro does matter. It means that in the pony car/sports car/sports coupe/whatever-you-fucking-call-it segment, people prefer the Mustang. Regardless of the reasons. The performance comparison across the model range is a wash. The price comparison is a wash. The more important metrics aren't so ambiguous. The looks of the Camaro are divisive, the practicality suffers, and the value as a road car is lesser. These are borne out in both reviews and sales.

The Mustang is broadly considered a better looking, better to live with, more daily drivable car. I really hope Chevy considers these aspects if/when they decide to consider continuing the program. I don't want another 8 year gap between generations. There are precious few American performance cars left. We don't need to lose another because the people up top forgot why these cars are popular.
You are 100% right. I really hope Chevy does a better job with the next refresh of the Camaro as well. The Mustang needs better competition to keep improving. And I'd like to get back to a place where I have a real desire to go test drive a Camaro because I might buy one. The last few years I've felt like I would be wasting the sales guy's time just to go for a joy ride in something I wasn't serious about (that would be kind of a jerk move).

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Drove both (not test drives but rentals). It literally boiled down to this for me:

Camaro pros:
Exhaust sounds way better modified than the Coyote

Camaro cons
[Opinion] its ugly as sin and it keeps getting uglier
Severe blindspots

Other than that, they are a toss up. Average Joe won't notice 1/10 second difference on 0-60, most track guys mod their cars regardless of what they buy, both sides will brag how x beat y but 90% driver skill had more to do with it than the car, and neither are economical.

Go with your gut :)

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
The Mustang digital dash is also far superior.
I drove a Bullitt and a 201A HPP. Gouge my eyes out over that damnable digital dash. Not impressed. Don't want. If I want a computer game I'll boot up Forza 3.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
The last few years I've felt like I would be wasting the sales guy's time just to go for a joy ride in something I wasn't serious about (that would be kind of a jerk move)
A salesman's time is designed to be wasted. You should always drive as many cars as you have time to undertake. Do you not walk the isles of Best Buy and sit in the special audio room when you have zero interest in buying anything? I've driven 3 different configs of Challenger and that's one dealership alone. And now that CarMax is doing 24hr test drives, it's time to experiment to the hilt.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
1000rpm seems really low to be making that much torque, im gonna look for a dyno sheet. Coyote is making 300ft/lbs right under 3,000RPM, so its not as gutless in the low end as people complain it is. It definitely doesn't give you the butt dyno feel of the Camaro though until higher up.

Friend of mine 350 owner, says the exact opposite of the statement. Stating the low end is stronger, and the 350 comes on, at the other end of the tach. Riding in his machine I tend to agree with that.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I drove a Bullitt and a 201A HPP. Gouge my eyes out over that damnable digital dash. Not impressed. Don't want. If I want a computer game I'll boot up Forza 3.
Agreed, not a fan. Especially the day it goes black forever. Analog gauges, FTW.