NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Not really, no. Which, excluding the cost saving, was the main reason I wanted a used 18+. There's a pretty low probability of just an E85 tune grenading the motor and/or transmission but if that happens rebuilding or swapping either of those for a used one can be done not easily but doable for me. The only issue I would have is the diminished value of the car when resale time comes but it's a risk I'm ok with
Right on then!

Mod away. In fact, do everything you've listed, all of it. They're all good mods that will take you where you want your car to be. It's clear you've thought things through properly, and you've gathered good knowledge on what you want to do.

Most people aren't as together in their ideas.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Exploded_Muffin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Right on then!

Mod away. In fact, do everything you've listed, all of it. They're all good mods that will take you where you want your car to be. It's clear you've thought things through properly, and you've gathered good knowledge on what you want to do.

Most people aren't as together in their ideas.
Thanks for the blessing 😄
I mostly knew where I was trying to get to and did quite a bit of research but still good to get some general info incase I missed something.
I do all my car work myself except HVAC or involved electrical issues so I'm also good on the labor side
I'll leave the stock suspension for a while before changing that out.

Thanks everyone, I'll post some pictures of the car in the welcome thread when it's delivered

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Congrats on the new to you car! Can't wait to see pics!

I ordered my car and while waiting for it I built up this crazy mod list of things I NEEDED. When I got the car, all I did was a few visual mods to make it mine and nothing performance wise at all. Months later I traveled for work and once again made this monster mod list and when I got home months later, I didn't get anything. You will see when you start to DD it that it's a very enjoyable car that doesn't need anything.

OP
OP

Exploded_Muffin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Congrats on the new to you car! Can't wait to see pics!

I ordered my car and while waiting for it I built up this crazy mod list of things I NEEDED. When I got the car, all I did was a few visual mods to make it mine and nothing performance wise at all. Months later I traveled for work and once again made this monster mod list and when I got home months later, I didn't get anything. You will see when you start to DD it that it's a very enjoyable car that doesn't need anything.
Thank you, thank you :dance:

I know I don't need any of these at all, heck I don't need a GT for daily driving or even track duty but here I am.
I like to tinker and get into the guts of my vehicles so modding is one outlet for me as long as I'm not being profligate.
Funny enough I'm not doing a single visual mod as I love the way the car looks as is

Sponsored

GeigerZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
With the correct tires and brake pads for a road course, you will be very surprised by the performance and it will come down to the driver level of experience. Stick a novice in the GT350 and Pro in the GT - GT wins. Driver mod makes all the difference. I would take the car out as-is to wring out 10/10ths first before making any changes (consistent lap times).. then start with pads/tires <wheels>.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Thank you, thank you :dance:

I know I don't need any of these at all, heck I don't need a GT for daily driving or even track duty but here I am.
I like to tinker and get into the guts of my vehicles so modding is one outlet for me as long as I'm not being profligate.
Funny enough I'm not doing a single visual mod as I love the way the car looks as is
You do need the GT for daily driving because nothing puts a smile on your daily commute like that V8.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Good mod list. I would do the wheels and catback right away for looks and sound. For what it's worth, when you do get to suspension I found the CB005 does help with wheel hop.

codereddew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Second the CB005 or CB762+010, can't really go wrong with either. What track you planning on going to in Houston?

Sponsored

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
As others suggested the "do nothing" initially is wise.

Further: I'd strongly consider running a square wheel setup for road course - that's the hot setup. These cars like a square setup and having the ability to rotate tires will really help improve your tire wear. You can do the SVE 19x10 square or the 19x11 square. If you go 11in wide you'll need a 'slip on' spacer and longer wheel studs up front.

Expect to have trouble keeping things cool, especially with an auto. Flyhalf has paved the way in the 10r80 track use and has posted plenty here about his work to get the 10r80 working on track (granted he's running at a much more severe level than most beginner hpde folks).

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
Hi everyone,

After a couple months of searching I got a Mustang GT with options I wanted at a price I was comfortable with.
It's a magnetic metallic GT with PP1, 10AT, Active Exhaust, 401A, and B&O and should be getting delivered in a week or so....feels good to finally be getting the car I've had a love affair with since 2014

The car is going to be a daily driver with 1 or 2 non-competitive road course events a year.
My goal is to noticeably improve the handling and power of the car while being financially judicious.
I've read through threads regarding general modifications done to these cars and I've put together a preliminary list of things I'd be getting for the car.
I usually prefer to have all my mods installed over a few days and not touch the car again mod-wise so purchasing all these together.
  1. LMR SVE SP2 wheels - 19x10-F, 19x11-R
  2. Michelin PSS tires - 275/35R19-F, 305/35R19-R
  3. Ford performance track-handling pack M-FR3A-M8A
  4. Either of Steeda's STH starter kit or BMR's CB005/CB762 so any help regarding which to pick will be appreciated
  5. Lund E85 tune
  6. Texas speed catted headers
  7. Some intake (undecided)
  8. Borla S-type cat-back exhaust (Using the Borla 60661 resonator in place of the X-pipe it comes with)
I welcome any suggestions on what to adjust, add, or take-out from my list. Thanks!
Congrats on the new car! Please feel free to give us a car and we can discuss with you some mods which will fit you and your driving style! tel:1.561.753.8105 @LethalPerformance www.lethalperformance.com

cahouston

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
The PP2 would have been perfect but I wanted an auto as my wife can only drive auto cars and we have quite a bit of traffic down here in Houston.
Hey, I don't have much to add that the others haven't already said but just wanted to say congrats on the car and looking forward to seeing it around the Houston area.