Shawn78600

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
GT350 #K2058
Vehicle Showcase
HI folks I'm in Dallas TX area and jus bought a GT350 2019, was suggested by a lot of friends to get a PPF and ceramic coat done on the car for the paint protection, I started to shop around and was amazed at the pricing I was getting on it.
SUNTEC/XPEL ultimate Full car PPF(10yr) with 3yr ceramic coat was around 6K ish
Other brands were a notch less but nothing major

Is this expense required and can it be done cheaper ?
Need help on this guys thanks
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Is this expense required
Well that depends on how important protecting the finish of your car is. I would do, at the very least the entire front clip, "A" pillars and the lower doors and quarters. Not sure how much you are going to save that way though. Ceramic doesn't really add much protection but sure helps in keeping the car cleaner and easier to clean when needed. Make sure to do the entire wheel, fronts and barrel.

can it be done cheaper
Of course, but if your have a top notch detailer and that's his price, do it. A good chunk of the cost and the time involved is in the prep of the paint. The better the job the more it costs. As far as brands I have Suntek, but both brands are excellent. If you are giving 6K to a detailer I would hope you trust his recommendations for materials.

Lastly, yes it's a lot of money but heck man you own a Shelby. Don't cheap out now! :giggle: :like:

OP
OP
Shawn78600

Shawn78600

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
GT350 #K2058
Vehicle Showcase
Well that depends on how important protecting the finish of your car is. I would do, at the very least the entire front clip, "A" pillars and the lower doors and quarters. Not sure how much you are going to save that way though. Ceramic doesn't really add much protection but sure helps in keeping the car cleaner and easier to clean when needed. Make sure to do the entire wheel, fronts and barrel.

Of course, but if your have a top notch detailer and that's his price, do it. A good chunk of the cost and the time involved is in the prep of the paint. The better the job the more it costs. As far as brands I have Suntek, but both brands are excellent. If you are giving 6K to a detailer I would hope you trust his recommendations for materials.

Lastly, yes it's a lot of money but heck man you own a Shelby. Don't cheap out now! :giggle: :like:
thanks man i will look into into and appreciate the info cheersss

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
HI folks I'm in Dallas TX area and jus bought a GT350 2019, was suggested by a lot of friends to get a PPF and ceramic coat done on the car for the paint protection, I started to shop around and was amazed at the pricing I was getting on it.
SUNTEC/XPEL ultimate Full car PPF(10yr) with 3yr ceramic coat was around 6K ish
Other brands were a notch less but nothing major

Is this expense required and can it be done cheaper ?
Need help on this guys thanks
Thereā€™s some great info in this thread: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/paint-protection-recommendations.152552/

My recommendations/explanations were on post #13. In summary, PPF is good on impact zones, $3k, or whole car the $5k price range sounds normal. Partial PPF is a must for rock protection. You can skip the whole car if you donā€™t wanna spend the money, and you can skip the ceramic.

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I just bought my 2019 GT350. As soon as Spring arrives, and it comes out of storage, it's going in to the detail shop. I'll be doing PPF(Xpel Ultimate) on the entire front, side rocker panels, front part of rear fenders, and a strip across front of roof. Along with ceramic coating the whole car. They're also going to install SLiPLO protectors under the front splitter, and replace a piece of the white stripe on front bumper which was damaged from a rock. The whole thing will be about $5K.
To me it's worth every penny. The PPF will give protection against rocks, which this car seems to attract. And the ceramic coating will reduce the need to wash the car so heavily, and reduce fading and swirl marks to the paint.
If you plan on keeping this car, it's worth it. Especially that they ceased production on this car, and it's value may actually go up years from now.
And it pays to go with quality. I got many cheaper quotes from several upstart detailing places, and those that didn't use Xpel. I did my research on the various PPF's, and Xpel was my choice. And I wanted a detailer that's been doing PPF for many years now, not some young guys who just opened a shop, and say they will do it. I knew I found my detailer, when I was brought into the back area of the shop. Besides it being immaculately clean inside, I saw all these Porches, Ferrari's and such, some costing over a million dollars. I then knew I had the right place to bring my car.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Shawn78600

Shawn78600

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
GT350 #K2058
Vehicle Showcase
I just bought my 2019 GT350. As soon as Spring arrives, and it comes out of storage, it's going in to the detail shop. I'll be doing PPF(Xpel Ultimate) on the entire front, side rocker panels, front part of rear fenders, and a strip across front of roof. Along with ceramic coating the whole car. They're also going to install SLiPLO protectors under the front splitter, and replace a piece of the white stripe on front bumper which was damaged from a rock. The whole thing will be about $5K.
To me it's worth every penny. The PPF will give protection against rocks, which this car seems to attract. And the ceramic coating will reduce the need to wash the car so heavily, and reduce fading and swirl marks to the paint.
If you plan on keeping this car, it's worth it. Especially that they ceased production on this car, and it's value may actually go up years from now.
And it pays to go with quality. I got many cheaper quotes from several upstart detailing places, and those that didn't use Xpel. I did my research on the various PPF's, and Xpel was my choice. And I wanted a detailer that's been doing PPF for many years now, not some young guys who just opened a shop, and say they will do it. I knew I found my detailer, when I was brought into the back area of the shop. Besides it being immaculately clean inside, I saw all these Porches, Ferrari's and such, some costing over a million dollars. I then knew I had the right place to bring my car.
thanks man , this place i picked is similar caliber and i think thats the best place i could have picked

OP
OP
Shawn78600

Shawn78600

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
GT350 #K2058
Vehicle Showcase
Thereā€™s some great info in this thread: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/paint-protection-recommendations.152552/

My recommendations/explanations were on post #13. In summary, PPF is good on impact zones, $3k, or whole car the $5k price range sounds normal. Partial PPF is a must for rock protection. You can skip the whole car if you donā€™t wanna spend the money, and you can skip the ceramic.
Ive been debating that and going for the front only , very confused lol

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
To me, PPF is absolutely worth it. You dont really have to worry about rock chips or scratches. You dont even have to worry about swirls when washing the car. I have had people say they can get the whole car repainted for what I paid. Thats true, but two minutes later you can damage the new paint. Assuming they are a certified shop, that's no to bad. I would do a lot of research and see who has the best reputation in your area. I paid $6200 for Full Xpel ppf, their fusion plus ceramic coating, prime xr tint, and stripes.

1.jpg

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
Iā€™m gonna be the fly in the punch bowl and disagree...

...6 grand buys A LOT of waxes, polishes and rags :wink:

in the interest of full disclosure, my car has ceramic coating from the previous owner. That said, I have been to half a dozen meets and see zero difference between a car with or without it.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Shawn78600

Shawn78600

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
GT350 #K2058
Vehicle Showcase
To me, PPF is absolutely worth it. You dont really have to worry about rock chips or scratches. You dont even have to worry about swirls when washing the car. I have had people say they can get the whole car repainted for what I paid. Thats true, but two minutes later you can damage the new paint. Assuming they are a certified shop, that's no to bad. I would do a lot of research and see who has the best reputation in your area. I paid $6200 for Full Xpel ppf, their fusion plus ceramic coating, prime xr tint, and stripes.

1.jpg
Thanks for the insight cheersss

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
Iā€™m gonna be the fly in the punch bowl and disagree...

...6 grand buys A LOT of waxes, polishes and rags :wink:

in the interest of full disclosure, my car has PPF from the previous owner. That said, I have been to half a dozen meets and see zero difference between a car with or without it.
If its just a show car, that's probably true. But none of that is going to do anything to stop a rock flying at your car at 60mph.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
You really need to ask yourself ā€œdo I need thisā€.
I decided I do not. I donā€™t live in an area that has a lot of debris on the roads. Itā€™s just a personal preference. Is my paint perfect? No. Already fixed a chip with Dr Color Chip, canā€™t even tell it was there. Almost 5K miles and that has been the only problem.
How has your past cars held up?
Will it add 5K+ value upon selling? I guess it could if it saved you from paint chips.
I donā€™t have OCD, not even close. I donā€™t stress about it, itā€™s just a car that I really enjoy.

SmokinAces

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Hey Shawn, not to complicate your situation. I vaguely remember you mentioning replacing your stripes to black. Should you decide to change them, better do it now or just wrap everything but the stripes. Just a thought.

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
If its just a show car, that's probably true. But none of that is going to do anything to stop a rock flying at your car at 60mph.
agreed...but neither will a ceramic coating, cause I donā€™t know about you but I am never doing 60 :like:
Sponsored