Sponsored

How to get Whippled GT in the 10’s

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Whoops, i misread your post. I thought you currently had an s550 and a fox. Disregard.
Sponsored

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I was kidding.... No doubt an auto is the more ideal setup for drag racing. Not saying a stick car can’t be fast, it‘s just easier with an auto.
just give you shit. Stick and auto have there place. Auto just happened to be first place

OP
OP
WhinRR

WhinRR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
1988 Ford Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Mustang GT
Whoops, i misread your post. I thought you currently had an s550 and a fox. Disregard.
Your 4 eye 😍😍!! I have 88 GT and 18 Gt both manual currently. Sold the auto years ago

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
A auto car will never be as much fun to drive as stick. If someone prefers one over the other it doesn’t bother me. The people that I don’t understand are the ones that talk about how auto Is better only because they can’t drive stick. They are just trying to convince themselves. If you cannot operate both auto and manual then you don’t get to have an opinion

Vert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whipped 19 GT Premium
When did you order yours? Did mine on BF.

Sponsored

Howler5.O

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I have similar goals. My car is a 15 premium with a gen 5 Whipple stage 2 (3.875 pulley). The car also has LTH, stock catback and a Mach 500 clutch from my N/A setup. I took my car to the track for the first time last December and trapped 125 mph. I think the power is there but my main issue was traction (and needed a driver mod). I was also seeing some knock at the very top of 2nd and 3rd with my crappy 91 here in AZ.

This year I’m hoping to improve those issues with a drag pack and better fuel. Shooting for high tens as my first goal. I’m also waiting on a BC Stage 3 and RXT but that’s a bonus.

Overall I’m very pleased with this setup. I drove 2.5 hours (one way) to the track, got some good runs in and drove home without a single issue, all in one night.

OP
OP
WhinRR

WhinRR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
WhinRR

WhinRR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
I have similar goals. My car is a 15 premium with a gen 5 Whipple stage 2 (3.875 pulley). The car also has LTH, stock catback and a Mach 500 clutch from my N/A setup. I took my car to the track for the first time last December and trapped 125 mph. I think the power is there but my main issue was traction (and needed a driver mod). I was also seeing some knock at the very top of 2nd and 3rd with my crappy 91 here in AZ.

This year I’m hoping to improve those issues with a drag pack and better fuel. Shooting for high tens as my first goal. I’m also waiting on a BC Stage 3 and RXT but that’s a bonus.

Overall I’m very pleased with this setup. I drove 2.5 hours (one way) to the track, got some good runs in and drove home without a single issue, all in one night.
What did you run? I’ve done best of 12.1 NA with pretty much E85 tune As only mod

Howler5.O

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
What did you run? I’ve done best of 12.1 NA with pretty much E85 tune As only mod
Don’t laugh, but 12.3’s. Clearly a reflection of my inexperience. I’ve never been to a track and certainly have never piloted a supercharged RWD car. The car ripped in the back half once I was going.

I would say the instant torque off the line was the hardest thing to manage in comparison to my previous bolt on setup. I think with some stickier tires and some seat time, I’ll see my times quickly improve.

OP
OP
WhinRR

WhinRR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
Don’t laugh, but 12.3’s. Clearly a reflection of my inexperience. I’ve never been to a track and certainly have never piloted a supercharged RWD car. The car ripped in the back half once I was going.

I would say the instant torque off the line was the hardest thing to manage in comparison to my previous bolt on setup. I think with some stickier tires and some seat time, I’ll see my times quickly improve.
We all start somewhere it just takes seat time. With increased power launching becomes an art— keep trying to improve your 60 foot times. That is the fun of building a car is competing on yourself to keep getting those time slips lower and lower without mods

Sponsored

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase

2.5 hour drive , what part of AZ? What track ?

Howler5.O

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
2.5 hour drive , what part of AZ? What track ?
I’m in Flagstaff and the track is Wildhorse Pass Motorsports Park in Chandler.

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
I’m in Flagstaff and the track is Wildhorse Pass Motorsports Park in Chandler.
Some big kahonas driving it down and back , I'm an hour south of you in the Verde. I'm always asked what will it run , on paper and in my mind, I know where it should be. For me and what my set up is to make that trec I would trailer it . Would to suck to brake something and figure out how to get home . As for the crap fuel , boostane is our friend. Nice to see another boosted stang in the north . If you ever get down to the Verde look me up , we can have a cold beverage and compare notes lol .

Howler5.O

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Some big kahonas driving it down and back , I'm an hour south of you in the Verde. I'm always asked what will it run , on paper and in my mind, I know where it should be. For me and what my set up is to make that trec I would trailer it . Would to suck to brake something and figure out how to get home . As for the crap fuel , boostane is our friend. Nice to see another boosted stang in the north . If you ever get down to the Verde look me up , we can have a cold beverage and compare notes lol .
Haha. Well I did have a plan if things went south but I agree, for our situation it would be best to have a trailer.

downtoearth1986

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I'm in surprise Arizona as well. I'm waiting on my stage 2 whipple to start the install. Good to know there is a track in chandler.
Sponsored