Switching from Magnaflow TruX to H-pipe. Questions

Geosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I’ve currently got a Magnaflow TruX resonated X-pipe installed on my 2019 GT, and while i love the tone of the exhaust, now I want more volume. Thinking of going with an H-pipe now, and want to know if there will be any fitment issues swapping to a Steeda or Roush H-pipe? I already cut my stock resonator out to fit the Tru-x and hoping that one of the other options will drop right in? Anybody else made the switch before?

TIA!
Sponsored

OP
OP

Geosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Probably should have posted this in the V8 forum...

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
it may, my tru-x was shorter then then steeda X and H pipes. BUT take that down to a exhaust shop. have them cut to the same length and then expand the ends towards the axleback and have them put slits and use proper clamps, the POS butt clamos that come with most these xpipes and h pipes cause muffler sag. i think i have a picture somewhere of my steeda X pipe. no longer sagged after that. meineke charged me like 30$ to do it

edit: here is the best picture i have, you can see how the steeda x pipe was modified

IMG_0441.JPEG

OP
OP

Geosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
it may, my tru-x was shorter then then steeda X and H pipes. BUT take that down to a exhaust shop. have them cut to the same length and then expand the ends towards the axleback and have them put slits and use proper clamps, the POS butt clamos that come with most these xpipes and h pipes cause muffler sag. i think i have a picture somewhere of my steeda X pipe. no longer sagged after that. meineke charged me like 30$ to do it

edit: here is the best picture i have, you can see how the steeda x pipe was modified

IMG_0441.JPEG
I assume you had the longer version of their X or H pipe that gave you the length to do that?

Looking back at the Steeda page, they have different ones for the 2015-2017 and 2018+ with the newer one being shorter. I’m sure it’s to avoid interfering with the area of the stock heat shields on the 2018+ exhaust tubes.

2F53867C-458A-4ABB-BCB8-B04D43716FAB.jpeg

7C1346BD-7750-407C-9F28-423EBCC490E4.jpeg

Sponsored

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
I assume you had the longer version of their X or H pipe that gave you the length to do that?
Correct i bought mine before they even had the option. If you plan on going to them i personally would buy the long and then have it modified. otherwise itll start to sag as the clamps just stretch out from heat cycles

KristaKe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cristian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Hi
Do you want to sell me the magnaflow tru-x? 🤗

HiTekExec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500; 2021 Mach-e GT Performance
Correct i bought mine before they even had the option. If you plan on going to them i personally would buy the long and then have it modified. otherwise itll start to sag as the clamps just stretch out from heat cycles
Very similar here; dropped the resonator, added the long Steeda H-pipe and welded to the stock active-valve exhaust. No sag and Absolutely love the sound.

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
I swapped from the 18+ steeda x pipe to the tru-x. I didnt have to re cut or anything.