Cat Convert Delete/Removal for Ecoboost

nateb97

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost
Has anyone looked into a cat convert delete kit or just removing it entirely for the Ecoboost (I have a 2019)? Had an MBRP exhaust installed recently with a cvf down pipe and it’s been running rich. I can use a tune to get rid of the engine light but I’ve been wondering if a delete or removal might add some quality sound and keep it from being a nuisance altogether.
Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
What numbers is your age how do you know you are rich? A downpipe should lean it out
Not enriched

the stock tune should be able to compensate for a catted downpipe. Mine appears to fine via trims

OP
OP

nateb97

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost
What numbers is your age how do you know you are rich? A downpipe should lean it out
Not enriched

the stock tune should be able to compensate for a catted downpipe. Mine appears to fine via trims
There’s a bit of black soot residue that comes out after driving it a bit. Took it to an auto spot after the engine light came on and they said it was the catalytic converter. Had a guy from the shop tell me it was probably the swap from the old exhaust to the new one and something about the converter in the new one possibly being smaller.
Sponsored