Sponsored

Lethal Performances' guide to the perfect clutch for you!

JakeLethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 RCSB 5.0
This is by far one of the most asked questions we have - Which clutch is right for me?!

https://www.lethalperformance.com/info/clutch101

We made this guide to help navigate many of the options on the market for the mt82 (and T56/TR6060/TR3160...).
We hope this helps out and please let us know if you ever have further questions regarding which clutch is best for YOU. If you have any further questions, feel free to shoot us a message or give us a call 561.753.8105

nc_ohc=Aj4hovHJIXwAX-W4L3L&_nc_ht=scontent.fmia1-2.jpg
Sponsored

Stang55

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Qays
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang 5.0 Premium
Just a question, why is the street fighter 525 kit kevlar but the 700 is organic? Is it because one is dual faced and the other one isn't? What would you recommend for an VMP Odin setup. I'd like no judder releasing the clutch but something that is reliable.

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
What would you recommend for an VMP Odin setup. I'd like no judder releasing the clutch but something that is reliable.
I purchased the LPX twin disc to go with my whipple stage 2 kit.

I spent months agonizing over clutch selection for my project since the wrong clutch can make the car just awful to drive. I talked to many clutch vendors direct and searched to the end of the internet and back for feedback. I talked with Lethal and the LPX just sounded like the best all around setup for my use case. Primarily street driven with 2 or 3 drag racing events a year. Looking forward to getting it in the car this spring.

Stang55

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Qays
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang 5.0 Premium

I spent months agonizing over clutch selection for my project since the wrong clutch can make the car just awful to drive. I talked to many clutch vendors direct and searched to the end of the internet and back for feedback. I talked with Lethal and the LPX just sounded like the best all around setup for my use case. Primarily street driven with 2 or 3 drag racing events a year. Looking forward to getting it in the car this spring.
Besides my OEM clutch failing I’ve had 3 clutch replacements on my car and 1 transmission replacement this was on a golf gti seriously over 10k just in drivetrain repairs I could have had a full on big turbo setup with the money. Each clutch was like 2600 with installation and the transmission was 3400. First one was an FX350 then 2nd one was an FX300 then a Southbend, the southbend was the smoothest. Sorry to go off topic but yeah it seems as the springs in the clutch hold off drivetrain shock, I might go for Exedy Stage 3 and buy a new original Ford dual mass flywheel

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
I would have preferred a sprung hub, but went with the LPX anyway. I almost went with that Exedy, but just did not want a heavy single disc in this car.

Sponsored

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
Everything you wanted to know about which type of clutch to get, . . .but was afraid to ask. (Like in school when the other kids threw erasers, pencils and textbooks at you for asking a seemingly stupid question). I don't need a clutch yet, but this narrowed it down quite a bit.

Tom@Lethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500

Hell Yea!! Let us know what you think of it! There are some fast cars out there running the LPX/HDs with a lot of success so we look forward to seeing what you put it through 😈

Stang55

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Qays
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang 5.0 Premium
Everything you wanted to know about which type of clutch to get, . . .but was afraid to ask. (Like in school when the other kids threw erasers, pencils and textbooks at you for asking a seemingly stupid question). I don't need a clutch yet, but this narrowed it down quite a bit.
Same here I don't need a clutch yet, but I know where to go when its time for a new one :rockon:

Logan@Lethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
First Name
Logan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 3.0L Whipple
Took another look and the street fighter 700 is actually ceramic.
Beat me to the punch, yep! Keep in mind our testing is done in terrible settings... new everything.. no break in... not even warmed up.. We want to be as conservative as we can with our ratings :)

Sponsored

Whitewalkers550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt premium, 1973 mustang conv.
i have an rxt in mine with the lightened aluminum flywheel as i had plans on going boosted, however i am now planning on staying n/a for another year or 2 should i swap for the lightened steel flywheel instead, would i notice much difference? mods are in sig but basically fbo e85

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
i have an rxt in mine with the lightened aluminum flywheel as i had plans on going boosted, however i am now planning on staying n/a for another year or 2 should i swap for the lightened steel flywheel instead, would i notice much difference? mods are in sig but basically fbo e85
You really won't be able to notice a difference between the 2 flywheel setups. So I don't feel there's any need to change what you have unless it's damaged and needs to be replaced.

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
We just got a ton of Lethal LPX and LPXHD twin kits in stock as well as more Street Warrior 700's and Street Fighter 525's. For any of you looking into a new clutch setup feel free to give us a shout and we'll be glad to walk you through your options.
DBFED6AD-23CD-41C7-B35B-2B3BFB8D66BB-L.jpg

xgxbulletxgx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I'm looking for a clutch that will take a beating on the street and track, But not destroy my mt-82 like the RXT seems to be doing a lot of. Is the Lethal street warrior a strong enough clutch for a procharged 700+ rwhp? Also, Is there a preferred flywheel material for boosted cars? I've always thought steel would be better.
Sponsored