Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2020 HEP GT350R
Creating new thread to pull out posts from the Limited-Edition Shelby GT350, GT350R Heritage Edition Package thread and to provide updates to the progress of the project here.

Background: Originally I had the OTT stripes painted at a local shop in San Diego, CA. The color did not turn out correctly. In an effort to get the stripes re-done correctly I began searching other places to get the work done. Due to suggestions from forum members here eventually I reached out to the Original Venice Crew (OVC) guys. Specifically, Jim Marietta who directed me to Steve Hovsepian at VIP collision in Henderson, NV. That is where the 1965 Shelby GT350 OVC Competition Model's body work and paint are done before being shipped back to Los Angeles for final assembly. I was made aware that Peter Brock happened to live in the area. Further when I mentioned that to my father who lives in Las Vegas, he informed me that he knew Peter Brock. My father went over and spoke to him and showed him a picture of my car and the current HEP GT350. First thing Peter Brock noticed was that the stripes were in his eyes wrong and not the way he would have done it. He offered to go over and lay out the stripes the way that they should be done as he sees fit on the S550 GT350. I will not reference word for word of what he called the current stripes on the current 6th Gen Mustang, but to sum it up he believed the OTT stripes were too narrow. The side stripes font design was wrong, (competes too much with the brake duct and existing GT350 badging. Additionally he sees that the lines are too delicate. With that Peter Brock is in the process of re-working the overall design of the stripes. This time they will be painted, (the correct color) and the way that he would do them on a 6th Gen GT350 Heritage Edition if Ford would have asked him to do it.
I will begin further updates here in this thread as they come.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
slingblade

slingblade

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2020 HEP GT350R
Pete Brock texted me this evening. Sounds like he is very happy with how everything laid out in regards to the OTT stripes. He is still thinking of how to crack the nut on the side stripes given the dimensions but he does have some ideas. Sound like the GT350 will move back from the busy front quarter panel and on to the door.
93CDA312-C263-4396-A045-195AEC0086C0.jpeg
He did not tape the stripes below the hood line because they would be the same dimensions as the front of the hood.

OP
OP
slingblade

slingblade

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2020 HEP GT350R
Pete is currently working on the side stripe redesign. Sounds like his plan is to do a 3” font with the GT350. Have one solid stripe that matches the 3” height of the lettering now pushed back on to the door as opposed to upfront where he thinks it is too busy with the GT350s emblem and brake duct. Above the solid 3 inch line and GT350 lettering he will do a thinner single line. So two stripes instead of the traditional three.

Direct from him.

Too "busy"with three stripes. Bold simplicity is needed. Two stripes will match the larger lettering.
This is not the final solution, but the direction he is heading with the design. From picture still hard for me to visualize, but in Pete Brock I trust.
2301A65C-4138-4EC7-8DD9-2B7641C6A594.jpeg

I did ask him about the original and the difference between GT350 and G.T. 350. He liked the GT350 because it wasn’t as broke up, but Ford wanted G.T. 350. Said he had a couple of different designs but Ford chose the wrong one.

Sponsored

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
Well....if there is one person on the planet to do it Shelby style it’s Pete Brock. Aside from all of his work with Shelby on the GT350, 500, Dayton, Comp. Coupe, GT40 I don’t think a lot of ppl know he had an hand in the C2 Corvette working along side Bill Mitchell 🤷🏼‍♂️

OP
OP
slingblade

slingblade

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2020 HEP GT350R
Well....if there is one person on the planet to do it Shelby style it’s Pete Brock. Aside from all of his work with Shelby on the GT350, 500, Dayton, Comp. Coupe, GT40 I don’t think a lot of ppl know he had an hand in the C2 Corvette working along side Bill Mitchell 🤷🏼‍♂️
That’s where my dad knows him from. My dad is a big Corvette guy. My dad did have a 1977 Cobra though and that car was what made me a Mustang (Cobra) guy. Dad said it was a terrible car. Haha. But as a young kid I thought it was the coolest car ever.
E957B827-4494-4CCE-9895-40AB9198C810.jpeg

Caustic Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 1965 Sunbeam Mk-1A, Kirkham 289 FIA
This sounds exciting. I am really interested to see how the final layout looks when finished. Honestly, what an honor to have Pete Brock actually take the time and energy to do that for you....how amazing!!!

Reactions: CD3

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
It's imperative that Pete sign your dash when it's all done.

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
Brock wasn’t there for the GT40 and 500. He had left Shelby by that time. He was there for the cobra, Daytona, king cobra, GT350 and P70.

Sponsored

s2ms

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
1966 GT350 - 6S1757, 2017 GT350 - H3303
So freakin' cool that Pete Brock is personally involved with this! I've met him a couple times, besides being a legend he is a true gentleman. He used to live in Redmond, WA and would occasionally attend one of our local SAAC meetings. Once word got out Pete would be at a meeting attendance was off the charts.

Tacswa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt - Shadow Black
I think we will be alright. Those surfaces will be more than addressed by a repaint and reclear and plenty of polishing. The car isn’t at MAACO.
I'm sure it will be. Just the OCD in me kicked in when seeing that.

OP
OP
slingblade

slingblade

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2020 HEP GT350R
I'm sure it will be. Just the OCD in me kicked in when seeing that.
I hear you. I am about paint as well. Can’t wait to get it all done and cleaned up. I probably spend more time caring for paint than I do driving cars. Haha
Sponsored