Looking to trade my 2018 Dodge Charger scatpack for 2020 mustang gt

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
If ricers do it, it's rice. Ricers tint their lights & reflectors. Big time.

Tint your reflectors/lights, it decreases their ability to reflect/light. That's non-negotiable. There is no one without the other.
then we are all ricers because we buy exhausts, wheels, floor mats, etc etc. (thats at the blanket statement of "if ricers do it"). some exhaust mods DO increase performance, but an axleback or catback arent doing much other than increasing volume.

yeah i cant say ive ever tinted my lights or reflectors, so i dont know if they have light enough versions to still allow a certain level through; thats more what i meant.

making it useless for its intended purpose is pretty dumb. i agree with you on that. moderation is key. I think moderation is generally what dictates the line between "rice or nice"
Sponsored

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Trying to "stand apart" is for those that care what others think.
And that automatically translates to rice? Then why did you get a Mustang GT and not a ford pinto?

I mean this can go on and on

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
And that automatically translates to rice? Then why did you get a Mustang GT and not a ford pinto?

I mean this can go on and on
No. My statement stands on it's own.

I drive my car for the driving experience. The brakes, suspension, engine, transmission, the connection to the road, to the car, the comfort, the shifting, the quiet, the loud, the power, the control, the space, pace and grace.

It has nothing to do with anyone else. It's my relationship to the car & the road.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
then we are all ricers because we buy exhausts, wheels, floor mats, etc etc. (thats at the blanket statement of "if ricers do it"). some exhaust mods DO increase performance, but an axleback or catback arent doing much other than increasing volume.

yeah i cant say ive ever tinted my lights or reflectors, so i dont know if they have light enough versions to still allow a certain level through; thats more what i meant.

making it useless for its intended purpose is pretty dumb. i agree with you on that. moderation is key. I think moderation is generally what dictates the line between "rice or nice"
This is all subjective opinion.

Except the part about my floor mats. There is no denying their awesomeness.....in a completely non-rice way.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
No. My statement stands on it's own.

I drive my car for the driving experience. The brakes, suspension, engine, transmission, the connection to the road, to the car, the comfort, the shifting, the quiet, the loud, the power, the control, the space, pace and grace.

It has nothing to do with anyone else. It's my relationship to the car & the road.
see..people (at least myself) dont personalize my car for other people. I do it for myself. I make it look how i want it to look, and couldnt care less about what someone else thinks about it. I think you saying people personalizing their cars because they care about what other people think is a very general blanket statement and not accurate.

however, you DID say you understand personalization. So i guess you are ok with making it your own, and looking however you want, as long as it doesnt endanger others. In that case, i agree.

also "ricer stands for Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancements". that does not include tint. stupid, yes. rice, i dont think so.

Sponsored

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt

Except the part about my floor mats. There is no denying their awesomeness.....in a completely non-rice way.
it IS all opinion, i agree. However, "rice" does have a definition; and tint doesnt really fall into that definition. i AGREE it is stupid though.

i was just messing with you on the mats.

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang

But how much HP do they add is the REAL question. :crackup:

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
see..people (at least myself)......
Gotta avoid assuming others do things for the same reasons you do. That's rule # 8,345,871.98 in life.

Everyone does car enthusiast their own way, for their own reasons.

My subjective opinions on rice are just that, and they don't mean shit to anyone but me.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
is my camaro 2ss 1le rice since it came with factory smoked lights and reflectors?

Sponsored

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Gotta avoid assuming others do things for the same reasons you do. That's rule # 8,345,871.98 in life.

Everyone does car enthusiast their own way, for their own reasons.

My subjective opinions on rice are just that, and they don't mean shit to anyone but me.
oh i agree. I just was saying that stating personalizing your car is rice as a blanket statement is a pretty wild assumption as well.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
oh i agree. I just was saying that stating personalizing your car is rice as a blanket statement is a pretty wild assumption as well.
Not an assumption, a subjective opinion. I really don't care why people do what they do (because fuck people), I just look at the end result.

Of course you're free to have your own opinions on it.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Not an assumption, a subjective opinion. I really don't care why people do what they do (because fuck people), I just look at the end result.

Of course you're free to have your own opinions on it.
fair enough.
Sponsored