Sponsored

Recaro seats YES or NO ??

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Had the heated/AC seats in my 16 GT350. Loved them for traveling with the wife and general driving around. Did not like them as much when tracking. Also had PSS for main tires and Cups for the track, 2 different sets of rims

19 GT350R with Recaro's are much better for the track, not so much for driving for leisure. I still drive it for Leisure.

Also, for reference, I am a short little fat guy (5'8" 350). Recaro's not great for fat guys!! But, I make it work.
Sponsored

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
I'm also in the camp that thinks the Recaros simply look better in the car, the comfy seats detract from the track ready concept to me, but I also bought it specifically for track use. I can see the appeal of the comfort seats if it's a daily or used in winter though, i've sat in them and they are comfortable. The Recaros feel so good IMO that they were a significant factor in getting the car for me, I rode in a buddy's 350 and loved how planted they kept me. But guessing that varies by body type too.

Bottom line is to just get whatever makes you happy and what YOU want.

SL8888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT-350 # K1989
Nope, you don't need the Recaro seats, my 19 has the heated/cooled seats and I have over 5000 miles of driving pleasure. Got my Shelby out yesterday for a drive in Northwest Ohio. It was 40 degrees ! Windows down in sport mode, listen to the music...

C4D7344A-6EF6-447D-8419-433F02AFFD7A.jpeg

TxGT350-52

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lead Foot, 2021 Diesel Tremor CG
I specifically looked for a GT350 without Recaro seats, as I will not be tracking mine. I am short and light, but did not like the firmness of the R seats. I like adjustability and I always keep my seat in the highest position when driving on all of my cars and trucks. The R seats weā€™re a hard pass for me.

Last edited:

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I've owned both (GT, but we're talking about the same seats). If you can, sit in both. I know that the Recaros can be tricky to find on dealer lots sometimes to try out in person.

I find they're both comfortable. I've done 7 hour road trips in the Recaros and they were great. I did a 5 1/2 hour trip a week and a half ago. The main advantage of the sofa sport seats is that its slightly easier to slide in and out because they don't have the side bolstering, and the heated feature is nice in some climates. The somewhat firmer cushioning didn't seem to cause the Recaros to be any less comfortable for me. You can feel a bit more of what the car is doing through the Recaros, but not in an unpleasant way. and the extra bolstering does hold you in place better while cornering.

The drivers side Recaro does move up and down as well as forward back and tilting the seat back (passenger side doesn't' have height adjustment for some reason), its just a manual adjustment and not an electronic adjustment. The lowest setting is lower on the Recaros than on the Sport seats, which is an advantage for some.

FWIW, it would be really easy to find someone to trade leather sport seats with you after the fact if you don't find the Recaros to be comfortable, and you'd make some money on the swap. I can't say if the heated feature will work if you option a car with the Recaros and then try to switch to the Sport seats tho, IIRC cars optioned with the Recaros omit the heat/cooling buttons on the dash.

Sponsored

lonegunman

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Deluxe leather seats are awesome, plenty of support, heat in the cold, and cold in the heat, very adjustable and they slide back when you shut the car off for easy exit. Buy Recaros if you hate your life.

I've had them in a car before, you climb over the bolsters and the bolster wear quicker than the rest of the seat, they are perfect for a car that sits in a garage or a track day once a year. They are awesome if you have skinny girlie arms, narrow shoulders and you are built like an atheltic female.

Here is the break down. 90% of Shelby owners will rarely hit 8200 or exceed the speed limit willingly, their car will sit in a garage for years. Recaros look great at Cars and Coffee or the local show and shine on the rare days those cars see sunlight. 8% will drive their cars a ton and most of them will have Deluxe seats and do it in comfort, track day guys might need the Recaro and it is a bit better with 4pt/5 or 6pt seat belts. 2% of guys will rip any seat out and put Sparco seats.

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
The Recaro are not designed for racing but rather to make people believe that youā€™re a racer
Well there aren't many oems putting true fixed back race seats in cars lol, this is about as good as it gets if you aren't going to cage and 5/6 pt belts. I even prefer these to the porsche fixed back buckets personally.

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Well there aren't many oems putting true fixed back race seats in cars lol, this is about as good as it gets if you aren't going to cage and 5/6 pt belts. I even prefer these to the porsche fixed back buckets personally.
The real issue is the lack of provision for a 5/6 pts racing harness and you canā€™t drive correctly on a track without 1

Ash1977

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Shelby GT350 Race Red
I think the Recaros look more the part for the GT350, where the leather seats look more standard Mustang. I got Recaros in my car but it was not a deal breaker. Being in Texas, the cool seats help in the summer. Go with every your comfortable with. There is allot of GT350 for sell now.

Sponsored

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
Hi guys need help and advice I am 41 years old buying my dream car the shelby 350 2019 in Ford performance blue fully loaded. But has standard seat and NOT Recaro seats.
I have zero plans to take it on the ttrack ever, this is going to be weekend ride for pleasure, the sticker is 66k on the car with 2800 miles on it, Iā€™m buying it for $55,500 plus tax and title.
Do I really need to get the Recaro seats? Seems like a million dollar question for me atleast. I love the car but the seats being stock was kinda making me hesitant about it.
please advise thanks šŸ™šŸ¼
Do you like your butt to be warm or cooled?

Yes? Skip out on Recaro

No? Get Recaro

Sergeant Gearhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
My personal seat preference is the standard option. They're more comfortable and easier to get in and out of than the Recaros. You also get the option for heated/vented seats with the regular seats (depending on trim).

RetiredFireCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Heritage Edition Package #L0350
"Race car" / "race car seats"......my ZL1 had Recaros and were a bit more on the "fat man" seat style like the GT350 "fat man" seats.......now from an old guy with a tweaky back......they have to be adjusted 'just right" or they will give me an ache......I'm just glad my HEP had the the Recaro's

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
This is not a race car. Itā€™s a fine track car, but race car? No
If you want to go full Honeybadger on it then the seat discussion ends.
If you are driving it to get groceries then buy what works for your back and butt.

OP
OP
Shawn78600

Shawn78600

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
GT350 #K2058
Vehicle Showcase
Nope, you don't need the Recaro seats, my 19 has the heated/cooled seats and I have over 5000 miles of driving pleasure. Got my Shelby out yesterday for a drive in Northwest Ohio. It was 40 degrees ! Windows down in sport mode, listen to the music...

C4D7344A-6EF6-447D-8419-433F02AFFD7A.jpeg
Nice that looks sick šŸ˜
Sponsored