How to get Whippled GT in the 10’s

WhinRR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
1988 Ford Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Mustang GT
Hey guys! What have you guys used to consistently get into the 10’s with MT82? I have a 2018 GT Premium (heavy) with Whipple 3.876 pulley on the way and curious what else would be needed to keep it a nice driver that can go from date night to 1/4 mile

originally posted in drag racing but told to post here
Sponsored

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
I’m trying for the same with my 2017 car. Date night to 1/4 mile is a good way to put it! I ordered whipple stage 2 kit back in November.

I purchased upgraded axles, driveshaft and clutch. Also picked up some drag wheels and plan to run bias-ply rear tires and skinnies up front when racing. I already have the steeda stop the hop kit and vertical links.

It will come down to the first 60’ and how aggressive you want to launch & shift. I just don’t think the mt82 will live long with real aggressive shifting at this power level.

Will the car have enough power? Maybe? It’s also not a light car. The trap speed will tell the story. Will be fun to find out!

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
What, you cant into the 10’s with boost, your doing something wrong..

OP
OP
WhinRR

WhinRR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
Will the car have enough power? Maybe? It’s also not a light car. The trap speed will tell the story. Will be fun to find out!
[/QUOTE]
Have you received Whipple yet? I ordered end of October and yet to get

I’m prepared to go the Calimer built MT82 once it starts to show signs of failure or once clutch goes. I currently only have half shafts on the car and tune and ran 12.1 soft launching at 3000 RPM. I’m sure I’ll be limiting factor in the beginning.

OP
OP
WhinRR

WhinRR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
What, you cant into the 10’s with boost, your doing something wrong..
I haven’t gotten my SC yet so not sure. I would like to have my car all put together by spring so I can work on fine tuning car and my driving skills. Also, it’s a manual so not just point and shoot. I haven’t seen many 10 second MT82 on here or YouTube that aren’t decently built so was hoping insight to help plan my build.

Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

I’m prepared to go the Calimer built MT82 once it starts to show signs of failure or once clutch goes. I currently only have half shafts on the car and tune and ran 12.1 soft launching at 3000 RPM. I’m sure I’ll be limiting factor in the beginning.
[/QUOTE]

My 2016 gt/cs na build, before i went boost did 11.7’s at 120 mph thats with a gt-350 intake and tb. Jlt cold air kit, stage 3 comp cams, circle d 5c converter full American racing headrrs exhaust...e85 flex fuel tune. 455 whp is what it made.. now boosted 10.3 140 mph Procharger D1x not even pullied down yet on 93 pump and some lucas octane booster..

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP

Nope, no sign of the Whipple yet. I’m just hoping to have it by the end of February honestly. Get the car together in March, break the clutch in and be ready to go.

I’m on the fence between Calimer Mt82 and T56 magnum when the time comes. Sticking with the mt82 will be easier, but I just really like the idea of the Tremec.

Don‘t listen to these auto guys who just put their foot to the floor and hold on. :)

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Nope, no sign of the Whipple yet. I’m just hoping to have it by the end of February honestly. Get the car together in March, break the clutch in and be ready to go.

I’m on the fence between Calimer Mt82 and T56 magnum when the time comes. Sticking with the mt82 will be easier, but I just really like the idea of the Tremec.

Don‘t listen to these auto guys who just put their foot the floor and hold on. :)
Aaahhhh here we go auto vs manual.. lol I’ve seen 10 sec na stick cars also. you can make a stick go fast if you know what your doing, my last 3 Mustangs were sticks..

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Aaahhhh here we go auto vs manual.. lol I’ve seen 10 sec na stick cars also. you can make a stick go fast if you know what your doing, my last 3 Mustangs were sticks..
Totally agree. Just takes a bit more to do It. Been drag racing for 20 years with only stick cars that also see street duty. One of these days I’ll get smart and do a dedicate track car that‘s an auto! LOL!

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Hey guys! What have you guys used to consistently get into the 10’s with MT82? I have a 2018 GT Premium (heavy) with Whipple 3.876 pulley on the way and curious what else would be needed to keep it a nice driver that can go from date night to 1/4 mile

originally posted in drag racing but told to post here
What you have plus slicks and you are there.

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve seen 10 sec na stick cars also. you can make a stick go fast if you know what your doing,
Well on my way to running somewhere in the 10's NA. And it still maintained it's street manners.

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Yeah don’t listen to the guys with the faster more consistent car.
I was kidding.... No doubt an auto is the more ideal setup for drag racing. Not saying a stick car can’t be fast, it‘s just easier with an auto.

OP
OP
WhinRR

WhinRR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
Yeah don’t listen to the guys with the faster more consistent car.
That’s definitely true and I debate daily if I should have went auto. I’ve had an auto and manual foxbody that ran well into low 10’s. The manual was a lot more fun once I learned it’s quirks. At end of day I just want to have a really nice car to cruise and hit the strip couple times a month and have fun. If I was competitively racing— it would be auto all day

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
That’s definitely true and I debate daily if I should have went auto. I’ve had an auto and manual foxbody that ran well into low 10’s. The manual was a lot more fun once I learned it’s quirks. At end of day I just want to have a really nice car to cruise and hit the strip couple times a month and have fun. If I was competitively racing— it would be auto all day
Auto s550 and manual fox body here! 9.87 at 137 all motor.

IMG_20200502_141255.jpg
Sponsored