Justpassingas
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
21 GT Premium 2016 F150
Still no build & price; Ford doesn't want my money :cwl:
I got tired of waiting and placed my order on 12/27 and got confirmation yesterday on my order. I'm dying to find out what Black Accent package wheels look like.

OP
OP
FunkinGoNuts

FunkinGoNuts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Carbonized Gray GT
I got tired of waiting and placed my order on 12/27 and got confirmation yesterday on my order. I'm dying to find out what Black Accent package wheels look like.
I'm 99% sure im going black accent as well.. here are the 2021 wheels :)

Sponsored

Pronichkin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Artem
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Conv (totaled by a puma); 2021 GT Conv PP1
Here's PP description from 2020 Build and price on Ford's website:
GT Performance Package
$4,928 S4

The GT Performance Package includes:
  • 19-inch x 9-inch (F) 19-inch x 9.5-inch ® Ebony Black-painted aluminum wheels
  • 255/40R19 (F) 275/40R19 ® summer-only tires
  • Brembo™ six-piston front brake calipers with large rotors
  • Engine-spun aluminum instrument panel
  • Gauge pack (oil pressure and vacuum)
  • Heavy-duty front springs
  • K-brace
  • Large radiator
  • Performance rear wing (fastback only)
  • Spoiler delete (convertible only)
  • Strut-tower brace
  • TORSEN® differential with 3.73 axle ratio (manual)
  • TORSEN differential with 3.55 axle ratio (automatic)
  • Unique chassis tuning
  • Unique EPAS, ABS and stability control tuning
  • Upsized rear sway bar
And here's one from 2021 order guide PDF
GT Performance Package
  • 19" X 9" (F) 19" X 9.5" (R) Ebony Black-painted Aluminum Wheels
  • 255/40R19 (F) 275/40R19 (R) (Summer Only) Tires1
  • Brembo™ Six-Piston Front Brake Calipers – Black with Larger Rotors
  • “Engine Spun” Aluminum Instrument Panel
  • Gauge Pack (Oil Pressure and Vacuum)
  • Heavy-duty Front Springs
  • K-Brace
  • Larger Radiator
  • Performance Rear Wing (Fastback Only)
  • Black Painted Strut-Tower Brace
  • Spoiler Delete (Convertible Only)
  • TORSEN® Differential with 3.73 Axle Ratio (Manual)
  • TORSEN® Differential with 3.55 Axle Ratio (Automatic)
  • Unique Chassis Tuning
  • Unique EPAS, ABS and Stability Control Tuning
  • Upsized Rear Sway Bar
Note: If ordered with Premium Plus (401A) Package “Engine Spun” Aluminum Instrument Panel will supersede “Linked Graphite”
Note: Not available with Black Accent Package (60G), California Special Package (54C), Mini Spare Wheel and Tire (66W), or available wheels (64P or 649)
So, they look exactly the same to me.

No idea why price increased from $4,928 to freaking $6,295.

But honestly, the package overall looks a bit silly to me. I mean, why adding a spoiler to fastback but removing it from convertible—and all for the same price? Why summer-only tires are mandatory, and I cannot swap them to something more practical? This just forces me to buy another full set of wheels and tires.

Personally, I only had to choose this option because it's a prerequisite for MagneRide (which I actually wanted.) Otherwise, I'd pass. Seems like too many useless stuff (along with some nice one) to me.

Last edited:

S550 HPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost High Performance Package
Yes you can!
Yep, a better deal on what?

When I went to shop a year ago all they had were the colors I didn't want, seats I didn't want, stripes I didn't want, spoilers I didn't want, transmissions I didn't want, no 201A, no HPP with handling package.

So yes, I could have gotten a better deal buying what was on the lot and then regretting the decision every time I walked out to the car.

This is it. I will be 64 next month and this is probably the first and only Mustang I will ever get. I wanted exactly what I wanted, not what some assistant sales manager thought would move off the lot.

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
Yep, a better deal on what?

When I went to shop a year ago all they had were the colors I didn't want, seats I didn't want, stripes I didn't want, spoilers I didn't want, transmissions I didn't want, no 201A, no HPP with handling package.

So yes, I could have gotten a better deal buying what was on the lot and then regretting the decision every time I walked out to the car.

This is it. I will be 64 next month and this is probably the first and only Mustang I will ever get. I wanted exactly what I wanted, not what some assistant sales manager thought would move off the lot.
I searched for week to find the car I wanted color,trim,options. 2020 GT pp2 with Recaro seats and got a great price had to have it dealer traded though. I had a super trade that the selling dealer really wanted and paid me more than I bought it for 4 months ago.

Pronichkin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Artem
Vehicle(s)
My order was submitted 12/9 (with priority code 19) then it was adjusted on 12/14 with priority code 10. Still no news about when it's going to be built.
ok, just got a mail that “Your vehicle is scheduled to be built the week of March 15 2021.”

That's quite a wait—more than 3 full months from the order to only building it. But I guess I'd have to grin and bear it.

Justpassingas

Justpassingas
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
21 GT Premium 2016 F150
I am excited to let you know your 2021 Mustang GT Fastback has been scheduled for production. Your vehicle is scheduled to be built the week of March 8 2021.

I received an e-mail today from Ford with a build date and I’m curious how long does it take to build it and when I could expect to take delivery. When I placed my order 12/27 I was expecting late April early May.

Sponsored

Pronichkin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Artem
Vehicle(s)
@Justpassingas

Whoa. So, you placed your order on 12/27 and it gets built on 3/8, and I placed on 12/9 (or 12/14) and it gotta built on 3/15. Interesting. What was your priority code?

edit

Ok, according to your order sheet on the previous page, it was 19. Same as mine (before it got bumped to 10.) That's weird. Maybe mine takes longer because MagneRide, or because it's convertible. Maybe there's shortage of parts or something.

Justpassingas

Justpassingas
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
21 GT Premium 2016 F150
YES....I placed my order on 12/27 and once they had my deposit the salesman changed my PRIORTY from 19 to 10...

The order sheet I posted was from a different dealer who had trouble ordering the options I wanted so I went to another dealer a few weeks later and my order was placed with the options I wanted....here's the new build sheet
Build sheet.jpg

Last edited:

Topdown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Os
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Gt Convertible 2021 (TBA)
Ordered mine second week of December and still no production date. Maybe convertibles take longer?

Tatum337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
My car was scheduled to be built next week. Got a message from my dealer stating it was currently being built and sent me the VIN number...1FA6P8CF6M511xxxx.....status says: STOCKINPLANT