Sponsored

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
So instead of making some cool one off engine lol. We are going to brag about how our wheels are made to look like a birds nest that’s mostly made of trash and hay

👌 😂
Sponsored

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Looks very similar to the current PP2 wheels. And when did a “birdsnest “design become beneficial Or a selling point. A birds nest sometimes can be a tangled mess.

Looks like Ford is running outta ideas and decided to raid the parts bin again.

IMHO the Mach 1 is a few years late and Ford did not do enough to make me want trade my current GT. I will be waiting for the next full makeover.
when they’re talking about the wheels as a major design feature. It’s like when the devs at cyberpunk 2077 said it runs really well on consoles, when it didn’t lmfao

PP2Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
johnny
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Art of Performance: Limited-Edition Mustang Mach 1 Rides Back onto the Muscle Car Scene on Unique Handling Package Wheels

Mach-1-HP-Wheel.gif

DEARBORN, Mich., Dec. 29, 2020 – Inspired by construction and engineering marvels such as bridges, roll cages and even bird’s nests, the all-new Mustang Mach 1 Handling Package wheels aim to capture attention when they reach roads and tracks across the U.S. and Canada early next year.

Using a layered construction design typically reserved for show cars and other non-production vehicles, the cast aluminum wheels bring with them on-track benefits such as structural integrity for hard cornering and about a two-pound weight drop from the standard Mach 1 wheels, despite being one inch wider.

The all-new 2021 Ford Mustang Mach 1 Handling Package will be available to order on Jan. 4, reaching showrooms in the spring.

Mach-1-HP-Wheels-Infographic.jpg

PP2Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
johnny
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I passed on an opportunity to buy a Mach 1 back when I was 19. I'm gonna pass again now that I'm 47. PP2 is all you need for the streets.

Rocketman

Keep it stupid, stupid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PPPPPPP
I passed on an opportunity to buy a Mach 1 back when I was 19. I'm gonna pass again now that I'm 47. PP2 is all you need for the streets.
I mean if you want to play that game then an Ecoboost is all you really need for the streets.

Buy what makes you happy.

Sponsored

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
^^^+1

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
"Forged with cast aluminum" may be slightly misleading.
So true and how scummy of Ford to allow for such misleading statements. Feels like I’m listening to a scummy used car salesperson.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Art of Performance: Limited-Edition Mustang Mach 1 Rides Back onto the Muscle Car Scene on Unique Handling Package Wheels

Mach-1-HP-Wheel.gif

DEARBORN, Mich., Dec. 29, 2020 – Inspired by construction and engineering marvels such as bridges, roll cages and even bird’s nests, the all-new Mustang Mach 1 Handling Package wheels aim to capture attention when they reach roads and tracks across the U.S. and Canada early next year.

Using a layered construction design typically reserved for show cars and other non-production vehicles, the cast aluminum wheels bring with them on-track benefits such as structural integrity for hard cornering and about a two-pound weight drop from the standard Mach 1 wheels, despite being one inch wider.

The all-new 2021 Ford Mustang Mach 1 Handling Package will be available to order on Jan. 4, reaching showrooms in the spring.

Can’t wait for the aftermarket to repop those rims....:like:

fordtj69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 and 2016 & 2017 fastbacks
All i need is a part number we downunder don't get this option but want the rims and front lower splitter with the fender trims too make it look right re handling pack if anyone can supply part numbers thanks in advance
cheers Tim J

Stang55

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Qays
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang 5.0 Premium
With the complexity of those spokes it reminds me of the HRE FF10's

conversion-6150-A15650324087c74911cb9b2eab4e3c5c28f8f08d4fe.png

Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
As much as I hate the Mach E, I really like the GT wheels on it and wish Ford would’ve gone with polished spokes like they did on that

XeninWorX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KC
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
Not a fan of directional wheels. On one side of the car they look like they’re spinning clockwise but on the other side they look like they’re spinning counterclockwise. Those HREs look better as they’re symmetrical.

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium w/ Performance Pack

Mach-1-HP-Wheel.gif

They’re performance pack 2 wheels with a vaguely GM looking design below it. Not exactly earth shattering design.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Meanwhile the 370Z, Maxima, and Q50 have all had wheel weight options that range between 19(19x9in)-22lbs(19x10.5) for over 6 years now. A FAMILY car can have a stock wheel that's forged aluminum and weights like 13-15lbs less than that on a "performance" Mustang, or just 2-3lbs more than a GT350R/500 carbon wheel. How much better would the Mustang MPG, 1/4, stopping distance and road times be if they lost 50lbs at the WHEELS stock?

Depending on the formula used that's almost like taking 170lbs of weight off the car when it's in motion. Basically the difference in having a passenger or not.

Ford brags about how their GT350R carbon fiber 19x10.5 wheels are 17lbs each, and cost 11.5k a set, while Nissans 370Z has 10.5's that are just 22lbs and only cost $1,500 on ebay with rubber. I doubt that the average R/CF package buyer is a good enough driver(if they ever see the track) to EVER notice or take advantage of the 20lb difference, but I'm sure they are willing to spend the 11K to pay for it.

If Ford took some lessons from Nissan in the performance department we'd drop about 50lbs in wheel weight, and about another 20lb in driveshaft weight. Now add onto that the weight from an Aluminum body(more than just the hood/fenders) based on the F-150 technology and you'll start having Mustang GTs back to near 1999-2003 curb weight. I for one would love a 3-400lbs weight drop.
Sponsored