Sponsored

Just ordered a whipple kit, anything else I should need or add?

Stang55

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Qays
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang 5.0 Premium
Yeah OP, you are also gonna need cat deletes or LTH, maybe some vibrant resonators 18 inch to weld on to your h pipe.
Sponsored

whipfury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt ,1991 lx,1986gt
Yeah OP, you are also gonna need cat deletes or LTH, maybe some vibrant resonators 18 inch to weld on to your h pipe.
i have been 9.90's at 141 with stock headers and cats on ms109 tune and 10.12 @138 on 93 and boostane w/3.625 pulley. also only used the dw400 no BAP.

OP
OP
Andy13186

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
I want to keep my cats, I was hoping around the 750 rwhp mark they would be fine and survive. My cold starts are already too loud I live in a condo

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
I want to keep my cats, I was hoping around the 750 rwhp mark they would be fine and survive. My cold starts are already too loud I live in a condo
mine were insane with the steeda x pipe after header install. I put the magniflow tru x on asap. Its perfect now and if you have active exhaust it works great still with the tru x

Mantis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Stage 2 kit comes with DW400, 37lb injectors, denso spark plugs n all. Totally complete. Or atleast mine came with all that.
when did you take delivery of your kit? It has been evolving over time. I think the stage one kits come with 55lb injectors now from what i can see in the manual.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Andy13186

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does anyone know if running e85 is easier or harder on catalytic converters than 93?

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
when did you take delivery of your kit? It has been evolving over time. I think the stage one kits come with 55lb injectors now from what i can see in the manual.
It was 38lb injectors it came with. Late last summer. Lund told me not to pulley down below the 3.875 it came with until more fuel and with longtubes its like between 9-10lbs.

Mantis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
It was 38lb injectors it came with. Late last summer. Lund told me not to pulley down below the 3.875 it came with until more fuel and with longtubes its like between 9-10lbs.
If you look at their website under the exclusive features if the kits it shows 55lb/hr for stage one and 72lb/hr for stage two and neither mentions anything about a pump nor is the pump in the most recent install instructions. They certainly have evolved the kits over time.

AZ_whippleS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT
If you look at their website under the exclusive features if the kits it shows 55lb/hr for stage one and 72lb/hr for stage two and neither mentions anything about a pump nor is the pump in the most recent install instructions. They certainly have evolved the kits over time.
2018+ have different injector sizes and a DW400 pump.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Andy13186

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pretty sure I will be going with a nice fore L2 staged system and running e85 most of the time currently. Ill run a tank of 93 once in a while to hopefully clean the system a bit. Also getting a 128mm filter with microglass filter since thats what ID recommends. Not 100% sure on the line type, im deciding between the PTFE steel braided and the FlexLP lines.

One thing I am slightly concerned about is heating up the fuel over time with a return style system which is why I am going staged and having the 2nd pump run only when needed. I would go brushless pumps to keep the heat down if they were an option, I'm still looking into that but I dont know if that is even an option. Hopefully road trips dont become an issue, I hear the fuel temps can get to 170 after 2 hours of driving because the fuel goes through the lines through the engine bay many times. I guess on e85 the gas mileage wont be good enough to drive more than around 2 hours straight anyway though without filling up. 2 hours at 80 mph is 160 miles, thats about a full tank of gas on e85 (maybe 2/3 of a tank). Ill keep it over 1/4 or 1/3 tank full though for safety and pump cooling.

Right now I am trying to decide on if I should do OPGs and also trying to decide what pulley to go with. Im thinking griptec 3.625 so it will be safe enough to run 93 occasionally. I wonder what power the car would make on e85 with a 3.625 pulley. Leaning away from doing OPG's and putting that money toward the fuel system but if the OPGs failed that would suck. I think its a low likelihood of OPG failure with an automatic car which will never hit the limiter in neutral like a stick car that missed a gear.

Also looking into fuel cooling radiator for the fuel to run through to stay cooler.

Also looking into holly hydramat so that without a fuel bucket in tank I wont have fueling issues when cornering
Sponsored

Last edited: