Sponsored

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
If any of the Mach1's have adaptive cruise control. I'm in 1000%. There is a GT500 sitting at my dealer. I had them run my numbers, show how I could purchase and afford the car. BUT THERES NO ACC. Why the fuck not.

So if they have it on the Mach1. Well, I guess I have my forever car. Because I want the most boss Mustang with adaptive cruise I can get. I complained heavily a year before getting my Mustang about the need for the Sport Explorer to have the massage seat. Gave up on the idea of a SUV after buying a turbo 4 cylinder for an ex-gf. She owns it now, but I just helped her pick it out.

The top grade vehicles need the fucking adaptive cruise. I'm never buying a car without it. I suffered/suffer from nerve damage from too many hamstring, hip, knee and spine injuries. After going from a pure manual to a paddle shift A10 and the ACC/Safety package. I just can't go without it after living with it for a year.
There’s no ACC in the Mach1. I’ve been driving with my car with the ACC off for some time now, so I can get use to not having it.

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
There’s no ACC in the Mach1. I’ve been driving with my car with the ACC off for some time now, so I can get use to not having it.
I'm used to the ACC also and want them to include it in the Mach 1. But that didn't stop me from ordering mine. With the collision warning system (the radar unit) and regular cruise control in place, I'm hoping someone will figure out a hack the rest of us can use to reprogram the control unit. In the meantime, I like 320's idea to get used to not using it. Thanks for the suggestion.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
ACC seems like a dangerous option to me. Reason being I assume it only looks at the first car in front of you. That's really bad because it gives no time for the system to react to something that happens a few cars up. I would avoid using it in all but the very lightest traffic.

When the driver aid isn't as good as a human, it's actually reducing your safety in traffic. And none of the driver aids are as good as a human yet.

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
ACC seems like a dangerous option to me. Reason being I assume it only looks at the first car in front of you. That's really bad because it gives no time for the system to react to something that happens a few cars up. I would avoid using it in all but the very lightest traffic.

When the driver aid isn't as good as a human, it's actually reducing your safety in traffic. And none of the driver aids are as good as a human yet.
In my experience, the ACC is much safer than regular cruise control. When you learn to drive with it, it's a much smoother (and fuel efficient) driving experience, especially on long trips. My best mileage for long trips has happened with the ACC on for 90% of the time between New England and Mid-Atlantic.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
In my experience, the ACC is much safer than regular cruise control. When you learn to drive with it, it's a much smoother (and fuel efficient) driving experience, especially on long trips. My best mileage for long trips has happened with the ACC on for 90% of the time between New England and Mid-Atlantic.
I believe that it's safer than regular cruise if you as a driver stop looking at the cars in front of you. I believe you can get better fuel economy with it.

Good drivers look more than one car ahead for traffic disturbances.

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
I believe that it's safer than regular cruise if you as a driver stop looking at the cars in front of you. I believe you can get better fuel economy with it.

Good drivers look more than one car ahead for traffic disturbances.

I agree and disagree, you’re always supposed to look farther than the road. I like to use farther distance while in light traffic (4 bars of distance) and medium/short distance (2 or 3 bars) in heavier traffic. If I see disturbances ahead, I would disconnect the ACC and drive.

Now Ford ACC is very good. My wife has a Rav4 with TSS 2.0 (I don’t know if it improved significantly with the 3.0) and my mustang ACC is wayyy better reacting.

What I’ve found is that with normal CC, but with collision avoidance in the mustang, the car will use the brakes for reducing speed, it will not coast down like other cars without collision avoidance.

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon

Collision avoidance saved my butt the other day. I was yawning and the guy in front went from 30mph to 0.

I was about 2-3 cars away, my car started flashing and beeping, at the same time precharged the brakes. As soon as I put my foot on the brakes we stopped about 3-4 feet from that car.

I would say it worked as designed. If I was way closer the history could’ve been another.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Collision avoidance saved my butt the other day. I was yawning and the guy in front went from 30mph to 0.

I was about 2-3 cars away, my car started flashing and beeping, at the same time precharged the brakes. As soon as I put my foot on the brakes we stopped about 3-4 feet from that car.

I would say it worked as designed. If I was way closer the history could’ve been another.
I don't see a down side to that particular feature, unless the driver starts to rely on it.

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
I agree and disagree, you’re always supposed to look farther than the road. I like to use farther distance while in light traffic (4 bars of distance) and medium/short distance (2 or 3 bars) in heavier traffic. If I see disturbances ahead, I would disconnect the ACC and drive.

Now Ford ACC is very good. My wife has a Rav4 with TSS 2.0 (I don’t know if it improved significantly with the 3.0) and my mustang ACC is wayyy better reacting.

What I’ve found is that with normal CC, but with collision avoidance in the mustang, the car will use the brakes for reducing speed, it will not coast down like other cars without collision avoidance.
I use the distance feature the other way -- longest in heavy, slow traffic so it leaves more space between me and the next car so I have to intervene less, and medium in light/moderate traffic that is moving at speed.

Sponsored

cocopanda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2019 Premium GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase

Prior to shut down. I do a single road 175 mile drive on 101 into South Bay. It's perfect for me. I have a problem where the flex of constantly holding down the gas fatigues my one ligament and makes it unbearable to handle. This has made it I can work again. I need it.

cocopanda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2019 Premium GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I use the distance feature the other way -- longest in heavy, slow traffic so it leaves more space between me and the next car so I have to intervene less, and medium in light/moderate traffic that is moving at speed.
I had a ticket on my 23rd hour with the car. I have not since as I use the ACC on the areas I know the cops love to sit.

348SStb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2017 991.2 911 S Cab, 2017 AMG SL63, 2019 AMG C63S, 2016 Boxster Spyder, 2019 Mustang GT Conv, too many others
How are you so sure adaptive cruise control will not be available on the Mach1?

Please provide your source -- not being wise; just want to know if there is concrete information on this. The order guide is unclear and I am not convinced the order guide does not commit a mistake by omission.

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
How are you so sure adaptive cruise control will not be available on the Mach1?

Please provide your source -- not being wise; just want to know if there is concrete information on this. The order guide is unclear and I am not convinced the order guide does not commit a mistake by omission.
Latest order guide (go see the guide on the Mach 1 thread) is clear there's no ACC on the Mach 1. Period. I'm hoping that changes.

348SStb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2017 991.2 911 S Cab, 2017 AMG SL63, 2019 AMG C63S, 2016 Boxster Spyder, 2019 Mustang GT Conv, too many others
Latest order guide (go see the guide on the Mach 1 thread) is clear there's no ACC on the Mach 1. Period. I'm hoping that changes.
The Nov1 guide right? Yea I’m hoping it’s a boneheaded omission. If they can call the Mustangs front wheel drive, then they can make a mistake in this area also.
Sponsored