Sponsored

so many used 2020 GT500's are for sale now...seems odd to me, 76 of them posted on Autotrader alone.

Jago768

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Heritage Shelby GT350, 2021 Ford Bronco Wildtrak(on Res)
I diffintley dont hate the 500 lol. I also recognize that 500 is a bigger number than 350. I truly did not make my post to legitimize my purchase of a 350 over a 500. I also had zero intentions of trying to persuade anyone to either cars camp. I guess I was just stating my opinion, and why I thought "some owners" have turned in their 500s. I rewatched Jay Leno's garage last night, where he showed off his Shelby GT350 and said "he thought it was the greatest mustang ever". Jay is a car nut and owns and could own whatever he wants. Like myself he thought the 350 was truly special. I've owned a lot of cars... and there is just something special about my 350. It is the same feeling I get when I ride in those 60s and 70s classic cars. The 350 has a soul that even cars like the GT-R and Model S lack(to me). Those are amazing cars and each one does certain things the 350 could never do... but they are just lacking something. To be fair I have not had a chance to drive the 6th gen 500. My opinions are based on reviews, personal testimonials and my experience with multiple high performance cars both exported and domestic.
Sponsored

newmoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Cobra, 10 SS, 12 392, 12 5.0
Guess they are just trying to stay with the hype.... Wonder how much of a hit the people took selling/trading them back in..?
Maybe folks trying to jump ship before the 2021 models hit the streets and it drops off the values of 2020 models both dealer leftovers and used. If your thinking about a sell now would be the time to do it.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
Maybe folks trying to jump ship before the 2021 models hit the streets and it drops off the values of 2020 models both dealer leftovers and used. If your thinking about a sell now would be the time to do it.
Also, there are things being put on the 2021 Model that are not on the 2020 like Ford Co-Pilot 360. I had it on my 2020 Explorer ST and loved it. New gadgets and dome people like the gadgets.

On a side note.... a friend of mine that has a Corvette ZR1 drove my Shelby GT500 and was very impressed with the performance. He was very impressed with the transmission shifts.

His criticism was the interior lacks heated/cooled/electric Recaro style seats like are available on the Vette.

STFUdonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 AG
How long ago was that episode?
That thought came to my mind as well. It also made me wonder if he claimed the GT500 was the best mustang ever built. I only watched a few minutes of both so I genuinely donā€™t know if he had made comparisons between the two cars.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
That thought came to my mind as well. It also made me wonder if he claimed the GT500 was the best mustang ever built. I only watched a few minutes of both so I genuinely donā€™t know if he had made comparisons between the two cars.
My point was that was said in another time. Most people have their own preference of what that perfect car is. As much as I hold both in very high regard, they are each very different. Just like the other thread went downhill, I suspect so will this one over "which one is better". I can say with certainty that the 500 is a track monster for fast tracks. The 350R was lacking a bit in that regard. For that reason, I prefer the 500 for the track I frequent. The 350 is a fun car, but it can't compare at the faster bigger tracks. Performance is what matters to me, some others are looking for something else.

So Jay is just like any other guy out there. He has his preferences for his own reasons. So do all of us. But from a performance standpoint on a fast track, there is no comparison.

STFUdonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 AG
My point was that was said in another time. Most people have their own preference of what that perfect car is. As much as I hold both in very high regard, they are each very different. Just like the other thread went downhill, I suspect so will this one over "which one is better". I can say with certainty that the 500 is a track monster for fast tracks. The 350R was lacking a bit in that regard. For that reason, I prefer the 500 for the track I frequent. The 350 is a fun car, but it can't compare at the faster bigger tracks. Performance is what matters to me, some others are looking for something else.

So Jay is just like any other guy out there. He has his preferences for his own reasons. So do all of us. But from a performance standpoint on a fast track, there is no comparison.
Good post! I also was going to add to my comment that regardless of what Jay Leno says, I personally donā€™t care as his opinions donā€™t really affect which car id rather own. I do enjoy hearing what you have to say about the cars though.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Good post! I also was going to add to my comment that regardless of what Jay Leno says, I personally donā€™t care as his opinions donā€™t really affect which car id rather own. I do enjoy hearing what you have to say about the cars though.
Its all about individual preference. What made the GT350 so great was performance at a pricepoint. That is where Ford has hit it out of the park.

You want to talk about what is the best track car out there? Ford (mustang) won't be in the conversation.

Everything comes down to money.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I can say with certainty that the 500 is a track monster for fast tracks...Performance is what matters to me, some others are looking for something else.
Interesting, the number of pilots here that fly some pretty big and powerful birds that also chose something similar in a car. Says a lot.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I diffintley dont hate the 500 lol. I also recognize that 500 is a bigger number than 350. I truly did not make my post to legitimize my purchase of a 350 over a 500. I also had zero intentions of trying to persuade anyone to either cars camp. I guess I was just stating my opinion, and why I thought "some owners" have turned in their 500s. I rewatched Jay Leno's garage last night, where he showed off his Shelby GT350 and said "he thought it was the greatest mustang ever". Jay is a car nut and owns and could own whatever he wants. Like myself he thought the 350 was truly special. I've owned a lot of cars... and there is just something special about my 350. It is the same feeling I get when I ride in those 60s and 70s classic cars. The 350 has a soul that even cars like the GT-R and Model S lack(to me). Those are amazing cars and each one does certain things the 350 could never do... but they are just lacking something. To be fair I have not had a chance to drive the 6th gen 500. My opinions are based on reviews, personal testimonials and my experience with multiple high performance cars both exported and domestic.
No offense but you're justifying your purchase against a car you haven't even driven. Nobody who likes a 500 will dislike the 350, but the 500 is obviously a faster car by a large margin

Sponsored

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
No offense but you're justifying your purchase against a car you haven't even driven. Nobody who likes a 500 will dislike the 350, but the 500 is obviously a faster car by a large margin
Wtf? Are you crazy? Suggesting that you can like both šŸ¤Æ GTFO with your rational attitude. Its one or the other, you must pick.. This is the internet for christ sake, we don't do that here.

Last edited:

STFUdonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 AG
Interesting, the number of pilots here that fly some pretty big and powerful birds that also chose something similar in a car. Says a lot.
Not directed at Tom by any means but this is not a really good connection to make. Many and I mean MANY pilots trip over themselves to fly the biggest or newest airplanes which often times means they will be incredibly junior in that seat. This results in a tremendous hit to ones quality of life as they have very little control over their schedule, they miss out on all sorts of life events like birthdays and holidays all in the name of flying the biggest, highest paying bad ass airplane. Meanwhile other pilots decide to stay senior in smaller or not so new airplanes, have a great quality of life and can often times make more money while working less than those pilots that chose to fly the big iron. Again, not a blanket statement by any means. But donā€™t think that because some pilots fly big iron and the GT500 is in their garage is telling of anything. We are sometimes our own worst enemies.

Jago768

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
Maybe five or six times I stated I liked the 500 lol. Might that like turn to love if I drove it... sure it could. Will I ever think the current 500 is as special (to me) as my HEP 350... NOPE. Jay leno did not dislike the 500, he just liked his 350 more. The Smoking tire did not tell anyone not to buy the 500... they just said the 350 is the one to buy now. I am the most laid back, open minded person I know. Hell .. I am a virtual Joe Rogan at this point... restating how cool I think the 500 is. I just watched the vid of it beating the ZL1s Laguna Seca time. I love all the American muscle, and have owned V8 versions from all of the Big 3. At the same time we have a Bronco on order (because I think off road trucks are cool) and we have a X5M Competition (because I love German Enginering) and I like they give you loaners for oil changes lol. With all that being said I daily drive a Hybrid Lexus(considered a Model 3) because electric cars are just to cool, and I feel like Tony Stark driving it. Saying I dont like something without knowing me.. well that is true internet gold and trolling/cancel culture at it's best. Without me having to drive the 500 I can give TWO reasons why the 500 is awesome, but (the model that is on sale at this moment) is not special to me.

1. No stick... Just seems out of place to not even offer one. I also dont like the rotary knob thingy in a muscle car.

2. No VooDoo.. The 350 has a bespoke engine (based on an exotic) that is shared with no other model. This will also go down in history as the higest HP American V8(naturally aspirated)in history. My father in-law tells me back in the day (among hot rodders) there was this saying "no replacement for displacement "

I said two .. but I'll throw in a bonus. The 350 like the 50th Anniversary GT is offered in Wimbledon White. This is the color the first Mustang rolled off the assembly line with in 1964. Those Guardsmen Blue stripes she is draped in.... well I would check out Ford VS Ferrari for why they are "special" ! I love my special colors too.. I could go on and on about colors I've chased around this great country. If anyone has a mint SVT Cobra in Mystic ... PM me!

newmoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Cobra, 10 SS, 12 392, 12 5.0
I absolutely love my present GT350 color, stance, handling, and attitude. No other domestic vehicle in its price range which is NA and a manual, can check all the boxes IMO.

That being said if a fair deal under MSRP becomes available on a handling pack GT500, I could make the move the same way I made the move from the Boss, which I also loved to the GT350.

Last edited:

Jago768

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
I absolutely love my present GT350 color, stance, handling, and attitude. No domestic vehicle in its price range which is NA and a manual can check all the boxes IMO.

That being said if a fair deal under MSRP becomes available on a handling pack GT500 I could make the move the same way I made the move from the Boss I also loved to the GT350.
This is the reality... cars are just cars at the end of the day. Most of us will move off of them no matter how special they feel... just like the guys did back in the day. I really hope .. I don't pull a me, and trade my 350 in for 7th Gen Shelby(if there is one šŸ˜‰). That being said, just like you stated, my 350 just checks a lot of boxes. I feel like it is going to be the car that hangs around and I pass down to my son. I even placed a note he wrote me in Kindergarten (about dads cool cars) in the hideaway section of the glovebox, so he can find it someday and think of his old man.
Sponsored