Sponsored

Phil_AVF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2198 Grabber Yellow
Anyone else notice there was no mention of the rims? The example he tests doesn't have the standard non-HP rims or the HP rims. I've seen these on other Mustangs but not sure which package they come with.
Those are the UK/EU Option wheels if you don't want the stock five spokes. UK/EU doesn't get the handling pack, but the cars are well spec'd as standard. The UK Mach 1 comes with standard options including Magneride (with special tune), leather interior with heat and cool (optional Recaros), B&O & Nav, Safety pack, Tremec manual (optional auto), Unique five-spoke alloys (optional Y-spoke design). GT350 front and rear subframes with extra bushings, stiffer anti-roll bars and front springs. GT350 intake manifold and open-air filter box with a cone filter. 87mm throttle body. New engine oil filter adapter delivers oil to GT350 air-to-oil cooler. GT500 rear axle cooling system built into the rear diffuser. GT500 rear diffuser for improved air flow and works in tandem with the rear axle cooling system. New belly pan and front splitter. The belly pan is single most important aero upgrade generating the additional downforce. GT500 rear toe-link. 4.5-inch exhaust and track cooling package, which is a lot of standard and additional kit.

It's a bit unfair to call it a sticker package. It's a shame that Ford UK didn't point out all of these features in the paid video Hammond did, they might sell more if people were aware of what was actually available on the UK cars in addition to the GT and Bullitt. Can't wait for mine to arrive early next year.
Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Those are the UK/EU Option wheels if you don't want the stock five spokes.
Just to clarify, these wheels are also an available option here in the US

Everything else was spot on though

Fishtales

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2001 Harley, 1964 Volkswagen Beetle, 2016 Toyota Avalon
Thought it was just ok. Marketing - yes and really can't drive it worth shite.

sleepy floy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'74 Ford Bronco, '15 Jeep Wrangler
would like to have seen it with the Gurney flap, but at least a fun little watch.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Hardly an actual review. Felt very paid for.
I'm a cynical guy, but when the reviewer drives up in their own Mustang you have to realize that they aren't completely unbiased - even if you have zero previous knowledge of said reviewer. Since I always loved Top Gear I realized before I even clicked on the video that it would not be the type of "review" where Ford would have to convince Richard that this was a "good" Mustang. Richard loves Mustangs in general - like most of us do.

This felt much more like a commerical
See above.

I thought it was great! Lots of good humor. Lots of fun. Yes light on hard facts, but I think any of us on here - if we are honest with ourselves - would say that we know what the hard facts are. We all know enough about the Mustang and the Mach 1 that we have a really good idea of what the Mach 1 hard facts will be.

What's left is the feeling the car gives you. I am looking forward to seeing a comparison of GT350, Mach 1 and PP2. There are subtle differences (and not so subtle ones). I definitely agree with others in the thread about this.

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
I'm a cynical guy, but when the reviewer drives up in their own Mustang you have to realize that they aren't completely unbiased - even if you have zero previous knowledge of said reviewer. Since I always loved Top Gear I realized before I even clicked on the video that it would not be the type of "review" where Ford would have to convince Richard that this was a "good" Mustang. Richard loves Mustangs in general - like most of us do.

See above.

I thought it was great! Lots of good humor. Lots of fun. Yes light on hard facts, but I think any of us on here - if we are honest with ourselves - would say that we know what the hard facts are. We all know enough about the Mustang and the Mach 1 that we have a really good idea of what the Mach 1 hard facts will be.

What's left is the feeling the car gives you. I am looking forward to seeing a comparison of GT350, Mach 1 and PP2. There are subtle differences (and not so subtle ones). I definitely agree with others in the thread about this.
Same here.
I enjoyed it for what it was. I think it was better than the Bullitt "promo" .
The concept of having fans ask direct questions was unusual.
Overall I like the car and it's on my short list. Only thing I don't like is the MagnaRide suspension due to it's complexity and possible repair costs down the road.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe

See above.

I actually like the concept of the Mach 1 - I had an 03 that was a little modified. WIth the 350 trans and coolers - I think this is going to be a great car. I even like how it looks. If it wasn't for my 350R/FPC adoration, it would definitely be on my radar. All cars are getting expensive...It's hard to call the Mach a bargain (like I've always referred to the GT, what a steal for the money!) but I can see how it might scratch that itch for people who missed buying or thought the GT350 was a little too much $.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I actually like the concept of the Mach 1 - I had an 03 that was a little modified. WIth the 350 trans and coolers - I think this is going to be a great car. I even like how it looks. If it wasn't for my 350R/FPC adoration, it would definitely be on my radar. All cars are getting expensive...It's hard to call the Mach a bargain (like I've always referred to the GT, what a steal for the money!) but I can see how it might scratch that itch for people who missed buying or thought the GT350 was a little too much $.
Just a few mods.
02E3080B-9633-4507-AFFA-602150A766A5.jpeg
65288DEE-4A9F-481A-8BE1-F782C3131F17.jpeg

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
A couple of points I want to bring on...

1. I love the video, not for the information (which I would say 99.9% of the guys/gals in this forum already know), but for the visuals of the car driving.

2. I know he said is fast, but it should be faster in the US, correct? I believe the Euro version the engine is underrated by Ford.

For me, the car is more about the history of the mustang. The same way I would love to buy a 500 (IMO it needs a bigger gas tank), is about what represent in the history of Ford. And also as an aviator, is the meaning of the name and what it meant Chuck Yeager to the aviation world.

I hope I can get this car at Msrp and enjoy for 20+ years. So if by 2051 someone see a beat up Mach1, it could be me 🤣

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I must be the only one who wanted to know more about his '67 GT.....

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I must be the only one who wanted to know more about his '67 GT.....
When he mentioned heritage my immediate hope was that he would at least talk a little about the interior. To me when you are inside the car that's when you get the most of the heritage feeling. Not necessarily aligning perfectly with the Mach '69/'70, but the new Mach interior will have a similar feeling/style as his car - the '67.

And I agree - just a brief run down of the specs of his '67 would have been nice - engine (+ induction), trans, rear diff, maybe HP specs if he had it dynoed. That would have been great.

cocopanda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2019 Premium GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Can anyone answer for me. Was he driving with the ACC unit attached on the front?

cocopanda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2019 Premium GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
If any of the Mach1's have adaptive cruise control. I'm in 1000%. There is a GT500 sitting at my dealer. I had them run my numbers, show how I could purchase and afford the car. BUT THERES NO ACC. Why the fuck not.

So if they have it on the Mach1. Well, I guess I have my forever car. Because I want the most boss Mustang with adaptive cruise I can get. I complained heavily a year before getting my Mustang about the need for the Sport Explorer to have the massage seat. Gave up on the idea of a SUV after buying a turbo 4 cylinder for an ex-gf. She owns it now, but I just helped her pick it out.

The top grade vehicles need the fucking adaptive cruise. I'm never buying a car without it. I suffered/suffer from nerve damage from too many hamstring, hip, knee and spine injuries. After going from a pure manual to a paddle shift A10 and the ACC/Safety package. I just can't go without it after living with it for a year.
Sponsored