Sponsored

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I thought i was getting the deal of the year getting one at msrp. I didnt think they would budge below that so I didnt even try. Kinda kicking myself for not trying now.
I am thinking that $10K stripes on a base is a harder sale (if that can even be said?!!) and could be why they were willing to deal more on that one. If it were me (and not likely!), I would feel like at that point I would try to push for the CFTP without the painted stripes or for sure wait for the new Handling Pack and again without the painted stripes. Congrats on a great deal on both!
Sponsored

Last edited:

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
Thanks! I called about 10 dealers and they all told me no way im gunna find one for msrp LOL.
It’s amazing how the ADM car is able to be an MSRP car once it lands and they don’t have an ADM car buyer lined up.
I did thee same thing on my 2 Focus RS’s.

Jason29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500, 2012 Boss 302 Silver Laguna Seca
Congratulations on the purchases! Were these purchased from Kerry Ford by chance? I recall seeing they had a blue with painted white stripes and also a red base. Enjoy the cars..

Thanks guys! were loving the cars so far. As far as him getting the car below msrp i purchased mine from them a few days prior. The stripe car was sitting in the showroom for a few months so im sure they wanted to move it. No trade was done he bought it outright. He talked car stickered for 91k. He talked them down to 87k before going in. When he got there he told them he needed another 1k off for paint correction (the paint was swirled BAD). They told him 500 more was the best they could do. He walked out and they grabbed him in the parking lot and said ok to the deal.

OP
OP
JoeSTi

JoeSTi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 gt500
Congratulations on the purchases! Were these purchased from Kerry Ford by chance? I recall seeing they had a blue with painted white stripes and also a red base. Enjoy the cars..
Yessir! Both cars were purchased from kerry ford. Great guys there.

Sponsored

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500, 2022 GT500, 2020 GT Mustang, Raptor,
Congrats on the purchases and these are now memories forever. Pretty cool you and dad can enjoy these types of things and that has a value no money can buy. Keep us posted on any mods and your impressions of the cars. I am amazed how some here have bailed and already sold theirs. And sure I understand things change but I know of one here who did not like the 7 speed tranny. And if you plan to do any air intakes I made a video to hopefully help anyone here.

Shabooty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
To be clear, nobody claimed that invoice was THE real cost to dealers. Note the words I used which included holdback, etc. Again, 5k less than msrp and the dealer is eating part of this deal. Remember, there is an associated fee to even be able to order a GT500/GT350 to begin with. There has to be a trade involved where the dealer gained ground back or something is amok.

OP wasn't willing to pay 9k over and settled on 5k over before bailing on the deal. His father wouldn't pay 10k for painted stripes on the same car and so the dealer sold it to him for 5k below msrp, a 10k swing and a loser in terms of profit? Huh?
To be fair, he didn't say his dad was making an offer of $5k below on the same car OP had $5k markup on. It was a different car at the same dealer he paid MSRP for.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
To be fair, he didn't say his dad was making an offer of $5k below on the same car OP had $5k markup on. It was a different car at the same dealer he paid MSRP for.
Good catch.

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Texas does have the coolest plate in the nation. Here in NY we have ****ing blue and gold....awful. NY also uses/used white and blue, equally as bad. Pink with a shade of vomit would be an improvement at this point.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No disrespect to your alma mater but KB, that is awful. Blue, gold and white? Good lord NY, is that the best you got?

The three fonts are competing with each other as are the two cities depicted. Niagara Falls is conservative and wants nothing to do with NYC. I wish Cuomo would put his face on the plate so we could dislike it even more.

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Tob: Bruce said they do have a new personal plate design which to me is WAY better than blue and gold, my dang high school colors. :-)

As old as you are, you remember high school colors???:giggle:
Sponsored