GT500 style front bumper on MY2018

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
@darren13skylark can you show us what your fender liner looks like as an example of correct fitment? At an angle like this image?

1608003425857.png

Also for your bumper are the canards/winglets etc. needed for proper fitment? See below:

1608003522506.png

Thanks for any advice you can provide!!
I pick up my car Friday. Remind and I will take pictures. Thanks
Sponsored

darren13skylark

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt
I’m out of town right now but I will when I get back. I think it looks a lot like that photo. The black bolts make it look much better.

darren13skylark

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt
I actually just ordered the additional splitter from Vicrez. I’ll post photos after install. Don’t think I’ll use rods unless I have to.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
I actually just ordered the additional splitter from Vicrez. I’ll post photos after install. Don’t think I’ll use rods unless I have to.
That's what I did. I am hoping it works and looks good. I will also post pics

mustangpegasus51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
So I've done some more research during the past week or so with regards to belly pans, wheel liners etc. Once I figure it all out I'll put a parts guide -- even if I don't end up getting this bumper myself, it can least help the community at large.

For those wondering, there are two (well, three, kind of) versions of this bumper:

MP Concepts/i5 Autohaus

Can be installed without winglets.

I couldn't find a video with someone lining up the belly pan properly, so I do not know.

Visual differences: "guyliner" piece on the side like the real GT500. You can paint bodycolor but it will look likely offset with the "hockeysticks" holding the foglights. Also there's a creased edge between the "cheeks" and the grill opening; the Ikon bumper is smooth in that area.

1608444835737.png

Ikon Motorsports/777 Performance/Vicrez

Looks like it may be difficult or prohibitive to install without winglets. Can anyone on here confirm whether an install can be done without them? It looks like it's not particularly designed for this and may require custom bodywork for that desired look.

Note that the Vicrez bumper is made from polyurethane, and not polypropylene like the other two. However, the design and mounts seem to be exactly the same as the other manufacturers.

Visual differences: no "guyliner" and sides of the bumper flow smoothly into the center grille.

1608445951507.png

The belly pan situation seems confusing. I've heard of and seen videos of installs with and without the PP belly pan. @spydrhawk26 and @Ecoboosted would you be able to take pictures of your vehicles' wheel wells from this angle? (See below.) You two have successful installs that as far as I know have a non-PP and PP belly pan/fender liner setup, respectively.

1608445651619.png

Sponsored

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
So I've done some more research during the past week or so with regards to belly pans, wheel liners etc. Once I figure it all out I'll put a parts guide -- even if I don't end up getting this bumper myself, it can least help the community at large.

For those wondering, there are two (well, three, kind of) versions of this bumper:

MP Concepts/i5 Autohaus

Can be installed without winglets.

I couldn't find a video with someone lining up the belly pan properly, so I do not know.

Visual differences: "guyliner" piece on the side like the real GT500. You can paint bodycolor but it will look likely offset with the "hockeysticks" holding the foglights. Also there's a creased edge between the "cheeks" and the grill opening; the Ikon bumper is smooth in that area.

1608444835737.png

Ikon Motorsports/777 Performance/Vicrez

Looks like it may be difficult or prohibitive to install without winglets. Can anyone on here confirm whether an install can be done without them? It looks like it's not particularly designed for this and may require custom bodywork for that desired look.

Note that the Vicrez bumper is made from polyurethane, and not polypropylene like the other two. However, the design and mounts seem to be exactly the same as the other manufacturers.

Visual differences: no "guyliner" and sides of the bumper flow smoothly into the center grille.

1608445951507.png

The belly pan situation seems confusing. I've heard of and seen videos of installs with and without the PP belly pan. @spydrhawk26 and @Ecoboosted would you be able to take pictures of your vehicles' wheel wells from this angle? (See below.) You two have successful installs that as far as I know have a non-PP and PP belly pan/fender liner setup, respectively.

1608445651619.png
I will take pictures when I get it back this week and up on jacks. I will then be able to exactly say yes or no how does my PP1 OEM bully and fender fit, and if needed will buy the non PP1 belly and liners and see how they fit.

DmanDmythDlegend

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1
My i5 autohause bumper shipped today. Thought it was cool of them to provide pictures of the bumper after paint.

20201221_201447.jpg

Vert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whipped 19 GT Premium
Looks killer. Is that velocity blue? Curious how close it matches since I've been thinking about going this route over buying new grilles and splitter. Just afraid the hood and fenders will need blended to look good.

DmanDmythDlegend

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1
Looks killer. Is that velocity blue? Curious how close it matches since I've been thinking about going this route over buying new grilles and splitter. Just afraid the hood and fenders will need blended to look good.
Yes its velocity blue. You never blend fenders or hood for a bumper replacement, bumpers always look "different" because paint settles different on plastic than on metal panels. I will report on color match when i install cover. First impression from photos are very good.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Yes its velocity blue. You never blend fenders or hood for a bumper replacement, bumpers always look "different" because paint settles different on plastic than on metal panels. I will report on color match when i install cover. First impression from photos are very good.
My body said they would paint the bumper, hood and fenders together to keep the variations to a minimum for a OEM look. The bumper looks great.

Sponsored

DmanDmythDlegend

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1
My body said they would paint the bumper, hood and fenders together to keep the variations to a minimum for a OEM look. The bumper looks great.
They are stealing your money. I am am adjuster that writes thousands of estimates a year, the only car i blend fenders when replacing a bumper is a beetle as they are plastic fenders.
They can do test panels if they need to, but blend is totally unnecessary.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
They are stealing your money. I am am adjuster that writes thousands of estimates a year, the only car i blend fenders when replacing a bumper is a beetle as they are plastic fenders.
They can do test panels if they need to, but blend is totally unnecessary.
Did I forget to mention I got a new GT500 Vicrez Bumper, new Anderson Composite CF, wider and Vented Fenders and a MP GT 350 Aluminum Hood. I am extremely picky, they will apply 5 coats of clear, sanded between coats. Then after 4 weeks I will have 4 applications of Ceramic coating applied after polishing the exterior to a show room shine. I do thank you for providing your help. This is a good forum for helping Mustang owners out. Take care

DmanDmythDlegend

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1
Did I forget to mention I got a new GT500 Vicrez Bumper, new Anderson Composite CF, wider and Vented Fenders and a MP GT 350 Aluminum Hood. I am extremely picky, they will apply 5 coats of clear, sanded between coats. Then after 4 weeks I will have 4 applications of Ceramic coating applied after polishing the exterior to a show room shine. I do thank you for providing your help. This is a good forum for helping Mustang owners out. Take care
Well its not blending when you are replacing the parts lol. If you are painting the fenders you should be blending the doors

darren13skylark

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt
I bet the gt350 hood will look good with that bumper. I have to see it when you get it on.
Sponsored