Sc00ter

Sc00ter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow GT Premium w/50th Appearance
I had an S2000, fun but way underpowered. My wife has a Saturn Vue with the Honda V6, absolutely trouble-free and decent performance. So, lots of respect for Honda. If only the Type R were rear wheel drive and didn't look like a space ship.
I love hearing S2000s wail as they're wound up to redline.
I had one too, just a few tweaks and they [still] look pretty fantastic, a nearly timeless design - and what a great execution on the sort of "pure roadster" formula.

Same car*, but with the current 306HP Civic Type R engine? Take my money.

*OK, maybe just a few electronics updates.
I love the way the engine wails when S2000s get run up to redline... worth owning for the sound alone. Never owned one, but chased a few up highway onramps with my windows down šŸ˜„
Sponsored

Jeff58

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang EcoBoost HPP
Unless I knew the owner, I would never buy a used Mustang or Camaro....maybe a Corvette from an old fart.....I have seen to many video's of kids beating the shit out of their Mustangs........

DonnieO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt cs
I think the hate just comes from the annoying straight piped civics that we all know and hear. Given the extreme 'ricer' styling of the CTR it just caters to that demographic even more. I am glad that this isn't 2006 anymore and there aren't that many 90s civics on the road today as they once were. That, plus the fact that its a 4 cylinder engine and FWD, while impressive is really not exactly cool or desirable to everyone (especially on a Mustang message board lol).

I still have yet to hear a good sounding 4 cylinder engine that doesn't remind me of those annoying straight piped rice burners. Its honestly such a relief now when I pull up to one I can finally drone out their sound with my car lol. I always liked the Honda Accord better because it's bigger and a bit more powerful than the Civic. I really wish they would give the accord the R treatment but I know that doesn't make any sense.
Watch "Building a 500hp Naturally Aspirated K24 Engine with 4 Piston Racing" on YouTube

3rdRGR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush RS2, 2011 Nissan Murano SV
Unless I knew the owner, I would never buy a used Mustang or Camaro....maybe a Corvette from an old fart.....I have seen to many video's of kids beating the shit out of their Mustangs........
Meh. Run the sucker up to 90 on the highway and if no shimmies or shakes it probably wasnā€™t wrecked. Mechanical stuff that goes wrong, you get it fixed under warranty. Then sell it off in a few years. If you are going to keep a car forever ok. If not, itā€™s a commodity and it pays to buy it and sell it on the right side of the curve.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
plus working in the medical field you got any idea how we as humans and our simple biological functions are disgusting? No matter how clean you are there is enough DNA for 1/4 of a human in that used car your buying LOL. Next time your at that light and you see that guy knuckle deep in his nose mining gold remember thats in that used car your buying. dead skin, body secretions, skin oils, every hand lotion, cream they used its all over everything in that used car no matter how clean you get it. flip on that AC in that used car and breath in deep the 2 years of dead skin for every other person who has been in that car.. mmmmm smells like money saved LOL.. and i can promise you 9 out of every 10 cars you could find semen in if you tested it LOL people do some freaky crap in their cars. and if you dont think freaky crap is common come give me a visit ill show you some xrays and ct images from my rad tech days. yeah that guy with the sweet potato up his back side sat in that used cars drivers seat to drive himself to the hospital... yeah Ill stick with new cars thanks.
Damn man ... Have you only ever banged virgins ... ? :cwl:

WD :like:

Sponsored

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
I tend to keep my cars a long time 10-15 years plus for a while now.

Wasn't always that way, back in my 20s and 30s, I would change every year or two, and during those times was unwilling to take that initial 'bath' in loss of value so I was always buying two or three year old cars and generally had good luck...

If you're not going to keep your car for more than a couple years, buy CPO or lightly used, and it still has a warranty, performance car or not, who really cares.

But if you plan to keep a car for a long time, it pays off in the long run to buy new. That is unless you buy a POS...

I've seen way too many people abuse their leased cars. The worst was my across the street neighbor who least a Cadillac Escalade every two years. That dirtbag never took it in for an oil change or even checked the oil. One day we were talking in the street and as I looked in his window to the dash (cuz that's what car guys do right? :-)) I noticed that his low oil light was on, his check engine light was flashing and one other issue related to his transfer case. His plan was to top off the oil go to AutoZone and borrow the code reader and clear everything the day he dropped it off to pick up his new lease.

When I mentioned it to him he laughed and said yeah it's been that way for about 3 months but I'm trading it in next week. That's what I found out how he abused his cars. Guy was a total turd. He was an accountant, and took all the equity out of his house banked it, and then quit paying his mortgage, walked away with a short sale and 400k stashed away in a bank account under someone else's name. Schmuck.....

I'd rather know what I'm buying and the vehicles history. In 2006 I bought a Jeep Commander straight off the delivery truck . Had to wait an hour for the service department to give it a go over. Bought it with 7 miles on the odometer and it's still going strong at 175k. My daughter who was with me that day is now old enough to drive and it's her car and she loves it.

I did the same with my Bullitt. The dealer had just taken delivery that day of two one black one green. The black one that I purchased had not been test driven by anyone but me.

I was the second owner of my E36 M3, but I knew the guy I bought it from and he was a fanatic with maintenance and care. But it was a BMW so it lived up to its name of "bring more wallet." Never anything big or major but on those cars, every little thing is a big thing money-wise. Still was a brilliant car I enjoyed for 20+ years.

When it comes to nasty people and they're nastier habits and practices, that's why God made Clorox wipes šŸ˜œ

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Guess you don't eat at restaurants, take a crap on any toilet but your own or have a woman that silently farts in your car.
WEll no I dont eat at restaurants much in fact maybe only once or twice a year. My woman does not fart its un-lady like LOL. and about pooping in other places... welll...

Family guy says it best.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Well just put 200 miles on this puppy today and all I can say is...

tenor.gif

rsz_1rsz_img_20201215_090217429.jpg

Last edited:

Bullitt$Bill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt L3456, 2018 F150 CC Lariat, 18 HD SGS
It $8,500.00 more, and isn't any faster than, a Premium GT/PP1/A10/Magneride/AE car.

Plus, BMW engines are hot garbage. Very poor reliability and durability.
BS. I had three BMWs.Tracked them all and drove them harder than anything Iā€™ve ever owned. Not any problems with any of them them and I owned each for 6 years.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
High-flow cats maybe?
Heck I dont know if they even make them for it. I been to busy driven it to look up mods :) I do know they make a kick ass aftermarket exhaust for it that sounds great but no idea how much it costs just saw a video in passing. And with some basic mods they can get 500 + wheel horse power. but that is the extent of my research. I think for once ill just keep it as is for a bit and enjoy as intended before I start back up the mod wagon. besides its got a 1200 mile no rpms over 4500 break in period. so I got some time. cant even use launch control before then. but even staying under 4500 rpm I got the wheels t spin several times. its got a 3.7 (car and driver test) second 0-60 faster then the stangs. you can feel it for sure.
Sponsored