So thinking of trading the Mustang....

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I had one too, just a few tweaks and they [still] look pretty fantastic, a nearly timeless design - and what a great execution on the sort of "pure roadster" formula.

Same car*, but with the current 306HP Civic Type R engine? Take my money.

*OK, maybe just a few electronics updates.
Still waiting on that s3000 they were supposed to make
Sponsored

IrishStallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt mustang
That one will get real expensive if you break anything not covered under warranty. Lol. Enjoy it until that “new” wears off. ;).

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
That one will get real expensive if you break anything not covered under warranty. Lol. Enjoy it until that “new” wears off. ;).
I trade out of cars before warrenties end so.... Not a concern.

Sc00ter

Sc00ter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow GT Premium w/50th Appearance
Hell I love my threads derailed LOL derailed the thread is my middle name. Its all good.
Sorry, dude. No harm meant, I just like talking about cars :)

Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
plus working in the medical field you got any idea how we as humans and our simple biological functions are disgusting? No matter how clean you are there is enough DNA for 1/4 of a human in that used car your buying LOL......... freaky crap in their cars. and if you dont think freaky crap is common come give me a visit ill show you some xrays and ct images from my rad tech days. yeah that guy with the sweet potato up his back side sat in that used cars drivers seat to drive himself to the hospital... yeah Ill stick with new cars thanks.
A good friend used to tell me horror stories of when he served his internship at a major public hospital. He had a guy come in with a toy submarine up his butt. Ahh, the good times!

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
As for new versus old. I have several reasons I will never consider a used performance car out side of money and cost and all that.
One other issue with buying used is that any used car is going to be equipped the way somebody else liked. Whether that "somebody else" was a previous owner who had his car built to order or it was whoever was responsible for spec'ing out the cars that ended up in the showroom/on the lot doesn't much matter if they either didn't include what you want, or included things/packages you don't. How flexible are you really going to be here?

How many people here would pass on a car that was equipped (mechanically and feature-wise) close to the way they'd have built it, except the color just doesn't work for you?

Norm

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
How tall are you? Im 6'4 and fit just fine. My 6'5 285lb dad fit...decent.
I about 6'2" and ~100lbs less than your dad. I look taller because Im lanky and my limbs are really long. I was uncomfortable when I got into my friends S2000. My back was on fire and it was really tight. I am proportionally weird so I do have issues fitting in things :)

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I about 6'2" and ~100lbs less than your dad. I look taller because Im lanky and my limbs are really long. I was uncomfortable when I got into my friends S2000. My back was on fire and it was really tight. I am proportionally weird so I do have issues fitting in things :)
Strange. Yeah im 6'4 right around 200. I guess it depends on proportions. Being more legs than torso..etc. lol. I was pretty comfortable though.

SeattleDude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremiah
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Not sure how much the C63 AMG goes for in the states but this would be also something to think about looks like a mean car. Besides this two I'm not sure what else.
You can get the AMG C63 in a convertible as well. I would go this route over the BMWs. It has to have a V8 in it or I won‘t drive it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019

3rdRGR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush RS2, 2011 Nissan Murano SV
I hear ya but, IM not like super rich but I dont have to eat ramen noodles either. However, I do think people are a bit to obsessed with money. What I mean is I have watched people all around me worry about it and scrimp and save for some future that never comes. Just to die never having enjoyed their money because they were always saving it.... for what? what are they saving it for? To die with a big bank account? A dollar only has value if spent. dont go broke and of course keep a nest egg but above and beyond that? Damn enjoy life people :)

As for new versus old. I have several reasons I will never consider a used performance car out side of money and cost and all that. One I enjoy waxing polishing and keeping my paint defect free. Its like my zen garden its my alone time. And a 2 year old plus performance car is gonna be rock damaged and scratched and swirl marked And that would drive me nuts. I dont smoke eat or drink in a car period. Not many others can say that most people will still drink at the least in a car. you dont know how the pervious owner treated the car. did they tinker or mod anything? how many times did they fart in that seat you are now sitting in? LOL It may have a warranty and like you people will say if anything breaks then just get it fixed.... man you got any idea what a hassle that is? dealers are crooks. take forever missed work... yada yada yada.. I rather just have something that isnt a crap shoot when i take it down the road. Money aside there is a gazzilion reasons not to buy a used car. But as far as the money again just live man just live.

fair warning the next part is my old man ramblings...

plus working in the medical field you got any idea how we as humans and our simple biological functions are disgusting? No matter how clean you are there is enough DNA for 1/4 of a human in that used car your buying LOL. Next time your at that light and you see that guy knuckle deep in his nose mining gold remember thats in that used car your buying. dead skin, body secretions, skin oils, every hand lotion, cream they used its all over everything in that used car no matter how clean you get it. flip on that AC in that used car and breath in deep the 2 years of dead skin for every other person who has been in that car.. mmmmm smells like money saved LOL.. and i can promise you 9 out of every 10 cars you could find semen in if you tested it LOL people do some freaky crap in their cars. and if you dont think freaky crap is common come give me a visit ill show you some xrays and ct images from my rad tech days. yeah that guy with the sweet potato up his back side sat in that used cars drivers seat to drive himself to the hospital... yeah Ill stick with new cars thanks.
It's your money. It's your phobias. Guess you don't eat at restaurants, take a crap on any toilet but your own or have a woman that silently farts in your car. We humans are quite robust and if we died from farts or sitting on someone elses 3 year old dried jizz stain, our population would be a hell of a lot smaller than it is. I'm driving a 2018 Roush RS2, bought it used and love the hell out of it every time I get in it and fire that baby up. But if I only bought new, I'd be in whatever 40K (not 60K a new RS2 costs) could buy me. New top o the line Honda Accord, or bad ass exclusive American Muscle that someone else farted in a year ago. Hmmm real tough call. As to taking it to the dealer, sorry but new one owner cars have problems too and you still have to go through that hassle. It is not exclusive to slightly used cars that have depreciated 30% due to farts. That said, enjoy your Supra. I looked at them, but they were too new to have used ones in my price range yet.

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
It's your money. It's your phobias. Guess you don't eat at restaurants, take a crap on any toilet but your own or have a woman that silently farts in your car. We humans are quite robust and if we died from farts or sitting on someone elses 3 year old dried jizz stain, our population would be a hell of a lot smaller than it is. I'm driving a 2018 Roush RS2, bought it used and love the hell out of it every time I get in it and fire that baby up. But if I only bought new, I'd be in whatever 40K (not 60K a new RS2 costs) could buy me. New top o the line Honda Accord, or bad ass exclusive American Muscle that someone else farted in a year ago. Hmmm real tough call. As to taking it to the dealer, sorry but new one owner cars have problems too and you still have to go through that hassle. It is not exclusive to slightly used cars that have depreciated 30% due to farts. That said, enjoy your Supra. I looked at them, but they were too new to have used ones in my price range yet.
That was gold lmao!

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I would just be trading for the same car at twice the price. you sit in and look at a gt500 and my car and they are visually 90% identical. I can add about 15k to my car and blow a gt500 away for a fraction of the cost of a gt500. I already thought about all this. plus the cost of them is way to high for what you get. you can get a 2020gt pp1 slap a super charger on it and have basically the same car for way less money.
Except the gt500 will track better, be more reliable and have a significantly better resale value. But technically yes if you drop 15k into your car you could beat it In a straight line.

Also my vote would be m3/4. Just cause it's different