So thinking of trading the Mustang....

Darkstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Oxford White.
If you don't have a problem getting off your wallet and then some go drive a M2 competition, they're really amazing cars. You just pay out the nose for them. You can get them in manual / DSG.. whatever floats your boat.

No matter what you do to the mustang you'll never make it feel / have the balance of the M2. Plus they're small and feel that way too, another thing the mustang can never do.

That's what I'd trade up to if I didn't want my Stang anymore.
That's one car I've seriously considered and frankly the only BMW that would interest me but it's exhaust note would be a serious downgrade from the Coyote.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Honda Civic Type R Touring:
0-60 in 4.1 seconds, lists for $37,950, has a useable-by-grownups rear seat. (Let the screams of outrage begin)
Had 2017 civic type R was one of the first ones had it 2 1/2 years its what I traded for the Mustang. The manual in it was hands down one of the best period.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I've derailed this topic. Let me end it. We can create a new thread if necessary.
Hell I love my threads derailed LOL derailed the thread is my middle name. Its all good.

gismo4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT PP1
Had 2017 civic type R was one of the first ones had it 2 1/2 years its what I traded for the Mustang. The manual in it was hands down one of the best period.
Nice! How was it? Daily and performance wise.

Hell I love my threads derailed LOL derailed the thread is my middle name. Its all good.
Good to know 🍻

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Nice! How was it? Daily and performance wise.
I enjoyed the car. its highly mod-able and i had full bolt ons and tune and it would kick it. I live in the mountains and the roads here , for me anyway, just seem more smooth with a fwd car on the winding back roads. The only reason I got rid of it was where i live the traffic is ridiculous and the manual finally got old for me. after 30 years of stop and go and shifting and clutching I finally snapped one day and had enough. So I got the stang :)

It is also one of the few highly practical performance cars. 4 doors can fit 4 large adults. with the hatch I had a full set of 20 inch tires and wheels in the car and still had room. Looks wise i was ok with it when I had it still was not a fan of the wing but after i got rid of it now i see one and i think it looks like a hallmark Christmas ornament. LOL but its all good mustangs play well with them I was just out with two of my R buddies the other day and my need for green mustang buddy as well. yeah I have fun car days every week and this week its supra time.
IMG_20201211_140819794_HDR.jpg

IMG_20201211_140807677_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
There are ricers in every crowd. Mustangs especially. But i get what you mean. So many things are subjective. What one finds cool another doesn't. I find straight pipe v8s (and anything loud) annoying. Especially when they don't go anywhere. But i love seeing muscle cars running sub 10s at the track or pulling g's in the corners. I think car enthusiasts need to be more open. My experience in various crowds has been mostly closed minded people.

Edit: I've derailed this topic. Let me end it. We can create a new thread if necessary.
True, but from experience it is more common on civics because they are more affordable. Like I said, it definitely not as bad as it was before, I don't see people doing it to alot of the modern civics. It seems to just plague the older ones for whatever reason. Not going to deny that there are people with Mustangs who do the same, straight piping any car and driving it like a douche is annoying especially if its loud just for the sake of being loud. I remember in my old neighborhood there was a guy who would always do laps in his Hellcat Charger outside my apartment late at night so I know.

I don't see it happening, car culture has similarities with other groups. Like sports and gaming, you always have the hardcore fans and just the nature of it caters to them. People have been stabbed for wearing the wrong jersey in places lol. The car industry does a very good job of giving what the die hard fans want and it just makes them more loyal to a brand or particular group. I've never been in a crowd of enthusiasts as I tend to stick to myself but I know what you mean. I can just see how people are online.

3rdRGR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush RS2, 2011 Nissan Murano SV
First let me say I love the car. I am just one of those I like a different car every year or two. I want to try them all :) I have modded all I want on the Mustang and short of getting into now 8 to 10k in mods there isnt much else to do. My friend says get a super charger but I am hard pressed to put a , in total 9 plus K item with labor and tune, on a car that has a resale valve of 34k, thats almost a third the value of the whole car for one item and just ridiculous.

The issue im having is finding something in the same class and price that is equal to or better then the Mustang. I also have the issue of I will absolutely not buy a used performance car period. I have looked at the C8 but right now good luck. I have had 12 dealers tell me most likely wont see a new one not spoken for till about 2022. the waits are that long. Or all they have for sale are the 100k models with all the crap I dont want. Even then out the door with taxes and all 70k is about what a base will run ya and I cant justify that cost for a car.

Ive been to car lots all over the stae and looked at every brand and man cars have gotten expensive. its getting to where the "average" car is getting to 45 to 60 K. I have seen 100k plus cars all over like they are nothing. Its not that I cant afford them, its that its a car not a house and the prices are stupid.

But anyway not sure what IM looking for here maybe I hope people may spark and Idea I didn't think about. But it is looking like that the Mustang is really the best value for what you get and maybe I have just reached the top :) I guess its just my restlessness and always wanting something new.

I have even considered trading out of performance cars and going for something like the kia k5 gt line for a few years and then reentering a mustang with the s650 to "reappreciate" the performance of them.

I dont know , im indecisive lOL what yall think?
My opinion is get over "not buying a used performance car." Unless you are buying something rare, it's a depreciating asset. Cars lose sooo much value in the first couple years. You could really get something more special without paying 20-30K more for the benefit of buying it new. It's under warranty, so if something flips out, get it fixed, no different than it's new. Perfect situation for someone who wants to trade out vehicles every couple years because you'll always be under full bumper to bumper warranty. If you want to hang onto it longer, put a whopping 1,500 bucks into an extended warranty and keep rolling. It protects you from the big stuff going wrong.

2020 C8 under 80K. Who care who's butt was in it for 277 miles. Give it a wipe down and in a few days of driving it all that will matter is the 30K (or an entire new car) worth of cash in your bank account. Then when you flip it, you'll be on schedule, not losing two new cars worth of value so you can say you bought it new!

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/831607353/overview/

Or for that type of money....

https://www.dupontregistry.com/autos/listing/2020/ford/mustang--roush/2363501

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Honda Civic Type R Touring:
0-60 in 4.1 seconds, lists for $37,950, has a useable-by-grownups rear seat. (Let the screams of outrage begin)
I had an S2000, fun but way underpowered. My wife has a Saturn Vue with the Honda V6, absolutely trouble-free and decent performance. So, lots of respect for Honda. If only the Type R were rear wheel drive and didn't look like a space ship.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I had an S2000, fun but way underpowered. My wife has a Saturn Vue with the Honda V6, absolutely trouble-free and decent performance. So, lots of respect for Honda. If only the Type R were rear wheel drive and didn't look like a space ship.
I had one too, just a few tweaks and they [still] look pretty fantastic, a nearly timeless design - and what a great execution on the sort of "pure roadster" formula.

Same car*, but with the current 306HP Civic Type R engine? Take my money.

*OK, maybe just a few electronics updates.

Sponsored

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
I've always been a fan of the old school NSX, such a sleek looking car and sounds pretty good. I'm way to tall for the S2000

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I also vote for a fucking ban on @Briebee72 if we don't get a bunch of pics ASAP. :D
I had a long hard day and dealer turned to dickheads when I went to get car. Long story. But here are a few from today. Tomorrow is picture day. I didn't get her till almost dark.

IMG_20201214_190018352.jpg

IMG_20201214_145122723_HDR.jpg

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I had a long hard day and dealer turned to dickheads when I went to get car. Long story. But here are a few from today. Tomorrow is picture day. I didn't get her till almost dark.

FFS, sorry your new car delivery was shitty. That first photo is really neat, with the low[er] light you can see how much pearl is in the paint, it has a cool iridescent glow.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I've always been a fan of the old school NSX, such a sleek looking car and sounds pretty good. I'm way to tall for the S2000
It's pretty cool, the first gen S2K (aka, AP1) was built at the Takanezawa factory, same place as the NSX - they sort of shared a lot of the same design philosophy.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
My opinion is get over "not buying a used performance car." Unless you are buying something rare, it's a depreciating asset. Cars lose sooo much value in the first couple years. You could really get something more special without paying 20-30K more for the benefit of buying it new. It's under warranty, so if something flips out, get it fixed, no different than it's new. Perfect situation for someone who wants to trade out vehicles every couple years because you'll always be under full bumper to bumper warranty. If you want to hang onto it longer, put a whopping 1,500 bucks into an extended warranty and keep rolling. It protects you from the big stuff going wrong.

2020 C8 under 80K. Who care who's butt was in it for 277 miles. Give it a wipe down and in a few days of driving it all that will matter is the 30K (or an entire new car) worth of cash in your bank account. Then when you flip it, you'll be on schedule, not losing two new cars worth of value so you can say you bought it new!

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/831607353/overview/

Or for that type of money....

https://www.dupontregistry.com/autos/listing/2020/ford/mustang--roush/2363501
I hear ya but, IM not like super rich but I dont have to eat ramen noodles either. However, I do think people are a bit to obsessed with money. What I mean is I have watched people all around me worry about it and scrimp and save for some future that never comes. Just to die never having enjoyed their money because they were always saving it.... for what? what are they saving it for? To die with a big bank account? A dollar only has value if spent. dont go broke and of course keep a nest egg but above and beyond that? Damn enjoy life people :)

As for new versus old. I have several reasons I will never consider a used performance car out side of money and cost and all that. One I enjoy waxing polishing and keeping my paint defect free. Its like my zen garden its my alone time. And a 2 year old plus performance car is gonna be rock damaged and scratched and swirl marked And that would drive me nuts. I dont smoke eat or drink in a car period. Not many others can say that most people will still drink at the least in a car. you dont know how the pervious owner treated the car. did they tinker or mod anything? how many times did they fart in that seat you are now sitting in? LOL It may have a warranty and like you people will say if anything breaks then just get it fixed.... man you got any idea what a hassle that is? dealers are crooks. take forever missed work... yada yada yada.. I rather just have something that isnt a crap shoot when i take it down the road. Money aside there is a gazzilion reasons not to buy a used car. But as far as the money again just live man just live.

fair warning the next part is my old man ramblings...

plus working in the medical field you got any idea how we as humans and our simple biological functions are disgusting? No matter how clean you are there is enough DNA for 1/4 of a human in that used car your buying LOL. Next time your at that light and you see that guy knuckle deep in his nose mining gold remember thats in that used car your buying. dead skin, body secretions, skin oils, every hand lotion, cream they used its all over everything in that used car no matter how clean you get it. flip on that AC in that used car and breath in deep the 2 years of dead skin for every other person who has been in that car.. mmmmm smells like money saved LOL.. and i can promise you 9 out of every 10 cars you could find semen in if you tested it LOL people do some freaky crap in their cars. and if you dont think freaky crap is common come give me a visit ill show you some xrays and ct images from my rad tech days. yeah that guy with the sweet potato up his back side sat in that used cars drivers seat to drive himself to the hospital... yeah Ill stick with new cars thanks.
Sponsored