So thinking of trading the Mustang....

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Good to know. I did not realize your Mustang was a daily. Was not sure if you had a second car.

Why not let the Mustang be the second car then?

Get something just for sunny days or weekend fun?
Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
M2 Competition is not that much more expensive than the Mustang and it's much Faster. If I was changing for a BMW that would have been it.
It $8,500.00 more, and isn't any faster than, a Premium GT/PP1/A10/Magneride/AE car.

Plus, BMW engines are hot garbage. Very poor reliability and durability.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
Good to know. I did not realize your Mustang was a daily. Was not sure if you had a second car.

I believe he said he doesn't have a garage either, so no where to put a second car or weekend toy.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019

Cause im cheap. LOL cant justify a second payment or even cash layout for something just sits there unused except for once in awhile. IM sort of a minimalist . if you came to my house you would think i was a teenager in his first apartment. I dont have things I dont use. no reason to let money sit there unused. if something goes unused in my house more then 3 months it gets sold. except tools. and like guy above said no garage.

Xzavior1818

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2015 SCION xB, 2019 Mustang Gt
Keep it till the s650 come out or buy a telsa or mach E. Options out there currently are more less the same and you'll just be throwing money away. You'll get that new car and it will feel the same for you after a month. You could add forced induction to the mustang reliably for a small fortune to hold you off until then.

Sponsored

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I believe he said he doesn't have a garage either, so no where to put a second car or weekend toy.
damn it! Missed that. Need to read more closely.

I use to work with a guy who was big into modding cars. He had a couple. Use to rent a two car garage and driveway just to house them. Might be an option. Not that expensive to rent a garage and it would give a place to keep the toys!

Of course, if you are spending that kind of money on cars, why not buy a house with a garage and have a place to keep them?

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Well, since you can't decide anything, and don't like old cars, here's what you should do.....which is what I want to do.

Porsche 944 Turbo.

Mitsubishi 300GT VR4.

Find a clean example of either (or hell, both), and make it like new with slight performance enhancements.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I think your best option would be to throw about 10K at the mustang and up the performance and enjoy the car. You already have a V8 mustang, the best bang for the buck out there.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Well, since you can't decide anything, and don't like old cars, here's what you should do.....which is what I want to do.

Porsche 944 Turbo.

Mitsubishi 300GT VR4.

Find a clean example of either (or hell, both), and make it like new with slight performance enhancements.
its funny you say that , its one of the old cars i would actually buy no idea why but I always wanted a gt3000

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Or.....

Get a new Mustang.

Here's your new car. 2020 GT 401A/PP1/10A/Magneride/Active Exhaust/B&O audio.

For $8,800.00 off sticker. Fly & buy.

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
The fastest vr4 I ever saw was on a flatbed :crackup:

I personally would go for the Dodge Stealth instead. They fixed some of the major reliability issues. Some.
I think the styling of the VR4s was much nicer, although I like the earlier cars with the pop-up headlights better than the later cars.

I've heard the early VR4s/Stealths had lifter issues. That's all I've heard of. I got that from a Wheeler Dealers episode.

What other issues?

I was looking at reviews of them this morning, and the later cars (94+) had an additional 20HP from 300HP/307TQ to 320HP/315TQ , but the were a full second quicker 0-60 than the earlier cars. I think it was more than a 20HP/8TQ bump.

Plus the 6SPD trans, replacing the 5SPD.

Basically, I just like the ruched interior. It's like rich, Corinthian leather.
1607441197925.png

1607441362714.png

Last edited:

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
The fastest vr4 I ever saw was on a flatbed :crackup:

I personally would go for the Dodge Stealth instead. They fixed some of the major reliability issues. Some.
Getting a stealth is akin to putting lipstick on a pig, they are both mitsubishits underneath.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Getting a stealth is akin to putting lipstick on a pig, they are both mitsubishits underneath.
Please gentlemen......let's not get into this "Brand X is good, brand Y is terrible" stuff. It's unbecoming.

Unless we're talking about late-model BMWs, which are rolling dumpster fires.

At one time, Mitsubishi made some fantastic sports coupes. Both the 3000GT, and the Eclipse. They were both stand-outs in their day.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
And FYI, this is what Mustang (and all premium leather) seats should look like.
1607441634025.png

Everyone complains and complains and complains when their shiny new, stretched carcass "leather" seats get a wrinkle in them. If they started that way (ruched), the way that God & Ricardo Montalban intended them to be, there'd be no bitching and complaining.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I've know guys with a VR4 habit. Multiple cars of different years. Each one spent more time apart than on the road. I couldn't tell you all of the issues because after a while the typical conversation about them was:

Is it running?

Nope.

Ok then.
That's just part of old car ownership. Trust me, my dad was into old Buicks (1940s & 50s), it's not like us into our newer cars.
Sponsored