Sponsored

Thanks to Virginia for my GT

pyrophilus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ShadowBlack GT Premium401a, PP1, ActiveExhaust
I drove down to VA with my wife last night 9:30pm. Stayed overnight, then went to the dealer to pick up my '19 GT Premium 401A, PP1, active exhaust, safe&smart, and B&O.

The dealer had the windshield replaced and after signing the papers we go out and I start the cR to find error messages. Engine light on, advancetrak not available, hill start unavailable, exhaust modes unavailable. I am annoyed and the dealer (Chevy) was not sure why it lit up, said it happened after replacing windshield and did I inspection. I know the car was perfectly fine when I test drove it last weekend, and the salesperson assured me car was fine until right after they replaced the windshield.

I had to drop my '17 EB off for end of lease at a ford dealer nearby, so I took him up on his word, drove the cars (eith my wife) to the ford dealer. I stopped by the service dept, and asked if they could help me. I started to tell them that I just purchased a used '19 GT, and it was fine, but now its throwing codes.

A service person walked out from his office, and was listening to me.

I said, is it something where you guys can either reset the car, or at least tell me if it's okay to drive 500mi back to NY in limp mode?

I didnt expect much, but he said, "nope, I gotta drive it".

He thought the camera wasnt calibrated after windshield replacement, so went out with his computer and cable. Sure enough it was throwing error codes for the MAF sensor.

He pulled my car into the service bay, then 10 seconds later, called me over and showed me that the MAF cable was unplugged.

I plugged it in, and he cleared all of the codes. I asked him if I should go inside and start paperwork for warranty coverage, he said, "nope, you are fine, enjoy your new ride and have a safe trip back to NY".

On my way back, the salesperson who sold me the car called, worried that I maybe stuck at Ford. He was trying to have his Chevy tech's try to do research to see if they missed anything and wanted me to bring the car back if ford could not help me.

I can't get over how nice everyone was in VA. No offense to folks in NY, but around here (Westchester, NY), if I drove in and said, "hi, I have no appointment, and I have a car that I didnt buy from your dealership, but I am in trouble, can you help me?", I would have expected, "wait in the lobby, we may be able to look at it in 2 hours", and after 6 hours, just before closing tell me that they finally fixed it and give me bill for $600.

Anyway, I just wanted to share this because it was such a positive experience.
Sponsored

Last edited:

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Well congrats on your car and glad you had a good experience.

hemistar1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2, 2017 F-150
Thanks for sharing. Some dealers are awesome and some of the shady ones spoil the reputation of the others. I am glad they fixed it for you..not sure why they (chevy dealer) had to mess with the MAF to fix the windshield.

I live in southern Virginia and thanks for the compliments.

When you get her cleaned up after the drive post some pictures.

OP
OP
pyrophilus

pyrophilus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ShadowBlack GT Premium401a, PP1, ActiveExhaust
Thanks for sharing. Some dealers are awesome and some of the shady ones spoil the reputation of the others. I am glad they fixed it for you..not sure why they (chevy dealer) had to mess with the MAF to fix the windshield.

I live in southern Virginia and thanks for the compliments.

When you get her cleaned up after the drive post some pictures.
They did VA inspection on the car. I wonder if they pull it for that? IDK.

hemistar1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2, 2017 F-150
They did VA inspection on the car. I wonder if they pull it for that? IDK.
I’m not sure either but glad you are up and running. Enjoy it.
Sponsored