Sponsored

[Locked due to politics] Student debt cancelation. Seems there are strong opinions against it from some.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
myself, like most come here to not deal with the daily bullsh*t. We just need something to let us forget the sh*t going on! We’re here for our passions (cars)! Take this Sh*t to a political forum! Good Luck.
So IM thinking of either 409 gears in my a10 or trading for a c8 corvette what ya think? I know wide range there and not related really but thats where im at. LOL something about that 2.9 sec to 60 is awful inviting.
Sponsored

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
Wow... I’m impressed... this has been one of the most docile “debates” without turning nasty or political that I have seen.
Impressive fellow posters!

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Wow... I’m impressed... this has been one of the most docile “debates” without turning nasty or political that I have seen.
Impressive fellow posters!
I know right. no one was even personally insulting either. :) IM proud of my fellow mustangers.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Why in the world knowing how crushing student debt can be would you wish it upon others instead of going along with a plan to eliminated it? I can tell you selfish self-centered a-holes. What about your children? wouldn't you want the burden of student debt to be lessoned? NOOOOO!!!! because you had to do screw everyone else happiness then need to be crushed by student debt too.
Hello; You the OP did call us by implication "selfish self -centered a-holes" if we are against student loan debt forgiveness. I am against it so do feel I have been slurred by you. You could have taken a stand for what you think is correct and made points to back up that stand. But you took the path of name calling and trying to shame those of us who have a different opinion. You even went to the extreme of implying we also wish people who make poor health choices would just die.

You do not get to just claim it was all for a lively debate after the tactics you employed. That you have been soundly refuted seems clear from the volume of responses against your stand.

Troutwrangler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2 Magnetic Metallic
So IM thinking of either 409 gears in my a10 or trading for a c8 corvette what ya think? I know wide range there and not related really but thats where im at. LOL something about that 2.9 sec to 60 is awful inviting.
I sat in a buddy of mine's new C8 a couple weeks ago. Didn't drive it because 8" of wet snow on the ground and he just had back surgery. Pretty cool car even just sitting in it. Interior is "tight" similar to old C4 Corvette, but more extreme.
Not gonna trade my Mustang for one, but still very cool car.
My buddy said that if you're at sea level, 0-60 is 2.8...
2.8 or 2.9, either way that's crazy fast.
Let us know what you end up doing....

Sponsored

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Hello; You the OP did call us by implication "selfish self -centered a-holes" if we are against student loan debt forgiveness. I am against it so do feel I have been slurred by you. You could have taken a stand for what you think is correct and made points to back up that stand. But you took the path of name calling and trying to shame those of us who have a different opinion. You even went to the extreme of implying we also wish people who make poor health choices would just die.

You do not get to just claim it was all for a lively debate after the tactics you employed. That you have been soundly refuted seems clear from the volume of responses against your stand.
Well I am done with this topic but I felt yours needed a reply. For one I did not say EVERYONE against it was an a-hole I said there were selfish a-holes against it and defined what I though a selfish person was, again to distinguish the aholes from the rest who were against it.. 2 totally different group types against it. If you put yourself in the category of the ahole type that's on you. I also went back and amended my title to satisfy people like yourself that couldn't differentiate between the two groups.

I also never said or implied that anyone wished death on anyone else as you claim. I was mearing pointing out to the people who said people should have to live with their poor decisions and its their own fault and they should deal with it what if we applied that way of thinking to everything else and gave an example. Big difference.

So again My very first statement in the op said I didn't care either way it was literally the first thing I said. So you cant say I then brought it up later as an out.

As for being soundly refuted...I guess you skipped all the responses that agreed hu. And this is a small biased group in no way is this representative of the feelings of 330 million people this is just the opinion of about 30. And what I mean by bias is I asked this question in a forum made up of mostly well to do upper middle class people. If I had asked this same question in oh lets say a large group forum of people mostly made up of people in a poverty centric economic station Im sure more would have agreed.

Reading comprehension skills are great I hear they teach that in college LOL

Anyway back to being end of topic. peace.

GrabberBlue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2011 GT
LOL I dont know. This whole thread was just to get people talking. IM not saying I'm right or wrong or anyone else is. Im just making counter points. If everyone agrees then there is no conversation :)

But yes things do need to be done to stop the schools but that also is part of the governments problem. They have made it so you have no recourse with loans. It does not matter if the school taught you everything wrong and scammed you and the teachers were idiots and taught with crayons. you still got to pay it. You cant sue you cant contest it in anyway and that is BUllsh^%
I fully agree with the sentiment here. I believe colleges need to stop scamming people as well, and the government needs to stop fucking the citizens. I think things have been so good in this country for so long that people stopped paying attention to politics because everything just worked and (generally speaking) everyone was just getting more wealthy. Now us citizens have been so lackadaisical that we have snakes in office that only work for each other and it is time we picked up the burden of voting and giving a damn about who is in office again. At EVERY LEVEL of government.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Well I am done with this topic but I felt yours needed a reply. For one I did not say EVERYONE against it was an a-hole I said there were selfish a-holes against it and defined what I though a selfish person was, again to distinguish the aholes from the rest who were against it.. 2 totally different group types against it. If you put yourself in the category of the ahole type that's on you. I also went back and amended my title to satisfy people like yourself that couldn't differentiate between the two groups.

I also never said or implied that anyone wished death on anyone else as you claim. I was mearing pointing out to the people who said people should have to live with their poor decisions and its their own fault and they should deal with it what if we applied that way of thinking to everything else and gave an example. Big difference.

So again My very first statement in the op said I didn't care either way it was literally the first thing I said. So you cant say I then brought it up later as an out.

As for being soundly refuted...I guess you skipped all the responses that agreed hu. And this is a small biased group in no way is this representative of the feelings of 330 million people this is just the opinion of about 30. And what I mean by bias is I asked this question in a forum made up of mostly well to do upper middle class people. If I had asked this same question in oh lets say a large group forum of people mostly made up of people in a poverty centric economic station Im sure more would have agreed.

Reading comprehension skills are great I hear they teach that in college LOL

Anyway back to being end of topic. peace.
Hello; Interesting attempt at spinning. You have that talent. The spin thing you do is why I included a direct quote from you in post #380. It reads that anyone who opposes your point of view is an A-hole. There can be reasons both for and against student loan forgiveness and people can have a conversation without name calling. You opened with name calling.

In fact, if memory serves, you made some other very similar comments in posts within the body of the thread. You in fact set the stage for this thread. You have offended me for one with the implications.
A tell can be found in the last two sentences of your post quoted above. First you make a snide remark about my reading skills with the crack about reading comprehension skills being taught in college, then call for peace and an end to the topic.
If you do indeed truly wish to have the topic come to an end, one way to help that happen is that you do not respond further. We shall see.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
OK, time to move on. GT or Ecoboost, A10 vs. M6. How about that 7.3 in a S550. Oh right this isn’t about cars. Never mind. 😫

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Hello; Interesting attempt at spinning. You have that talent. The spin thing you do is why I included a direct quote from you in post #380. It reads that anyone who opposes your point of view is an A-hole. There can be reasons both for and against student loan forgiveness and people can have a conversation without name calling. You opened with name calling.

In fact, if memory serves, you made some other very similar comments in posts within the body of the thread. You in fact set the stage for this thread. You have offended me for one with the implications.
A tell can be found in the last two sentences of your post quoted above. First you make a snide remark about my reading skills with the crack about reading comprehension skills being taught in college, then call for peace and an end to the topic.
If you do indeed truly wish to have the topic come to an end, one way to help that happen is that you do not respond further. We shall see.
OK what ever.... you win Jeff from eastern Tennessee.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Na disagree on octane required for the mustang thats how you start a fight. LOL

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I think you already did that one already Briebee. :crackup:
Yeah and tires and oil and warranty ... I guess I need to find another controversial none political debate to start... How about supercar blondie? The woman who can show you awesome supercars and in 15 mins tell you exactly nothing about them other then they have buttons and headlights.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.