Sponsored

First post here. Just joined the Shelby family.

Socalrugger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H4111
I actually didn’t sleep the night before I picked my 350 up...... I did, however, sleep like a baby the night before my wedding...... go figure!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Ironhead_3

Ironhead_3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Heritage Edition
I actually didn’t sleep the night before I picked my 350 up...... I did, however, sleep like a baby the night before my wedding...... go figure!
I hear ya. I'm pretty keyed up right now and sleeping anytime soon would be impossible. Rugby guy huh? Me too. 2nd row.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
Here I sit in my freshly cleaned garage, watching the oil heat up to fry my turkey. I suppose I should be thinking more about eating Thanksgiving dinner, but all I can think about right at this moment is going tomorrow to finalize the paperwork and driving home my 2020 GT350 Heritage Edition. I'm one of the lucky souls that didn't have the foresight to order one in advance but found one at a dealership that hadn't already been spoken for. I wasn't in the position to pull the trigger on this until about a month ago so I got in this game very late. I know just how fortunate I was to find one with Tech Package, Handling Package, Carbon Fiber Dash, and a car cover. I'll surely miss my 2013 Raptor that I traded in but This GT350 is on another level. I feel like I'm 10 years old again and it's Christmas Eve and I'm waiting on Santa. It's crazy. Of course I probably am preaching to the choir on this forum!
Only one question.....Have you driven one yet?
The reason I ask is, I never drove one before I bought. As a matter fact, I didn’t even test drive mine before I bought. I relied solely on what I’ve read here and other websites. A few reviews etc, etc. were also inspirational.
Be sure and break it in correctly before you give it the beans. You will not be disappointed.

OP
OP
Ironhead_3

Ironhead_3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Heritage Edition
Only one question.....Have you driven one yet?
The reason I ask is, I never drove one before I bought. As a matter fact, I didn’t even test drive mine before I bought. I relied solely on what I’ve read here and other websites. A few reviews etc, etc. were also inspirational.
Be sure and break it in correctly before you give it the beans. You will not be disappointed.
No sir, I have yet to drive it. The day we did the deal it was raining all day so taking it out wasn't an option. I've read up on the break in process and rest assured this car will not see anywhere close to the redline until it's properly broken in. I couldn't imagine hopping in a car of this value and pouring the beans to it right out of the box. I suppose there are people that would but I suspect those folks have more money than brains.

Sponsored

Socalrugger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H4111
I hear ya. I'm pretty keyed up right now and sleeping anytime soon would be impossible. Rugby guy huh? Me too. 2nd row.
Outside center..... body can’t play it anymore but can always watch a good match....Six Nations saw some pretty decent action.... enjoy the ride!

anacar312

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
HEP R Chassis LR268
You weren't f'n kidding!!!!!! Holy shit!!!!
oh Jeeeeeezzzzzzzzusssssss I can't wait. I just paid for it. Transport will pick it up next week and I basically have to roll it off the trailer into my garage and pray that we get a random 50 degree December day in Wisconsin to get out for my first drive. I really don't want to have to wait until March for my first drive.

Until then, more posts and pics please!

Sponsored

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Congrats, drive safe.

DaveB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 gt350, 16 gt/cs (wife)
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome and congrats! I know the feeling. The whole week or more after I got mine, my wife said I was like a damn 16 year old that just got his license! I said yes ma'am...thats exactly how I feel!. All I wanted to do was drive around. And 9 months later....I still love driving it every single day!

Rusherific

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
lol, told you
And if you think that's great wait until you feel it pull in the upper rpm range, after proper break in that is.
Yes my first real pull through 3 full gears up a steep, long long onramp is an experience burned into my mind. The first time seeing the shift lights come on.... :whew:

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
Yes my first real pull through 3 full gears up a steep, long long onramp is an experience burned into my mind. The first time seeing the shift lights come on.... :whew:
What RPM do you have the shift lights coming on?
Mine are set at 7K. I know when they start to go nuts I’m close to 8K. ;-)
Sponsored