Sponsored

Any Experiences? Procharger 18+ Mustang 5.0 HO Intercooled System with Factory Airbox and P-1SC-1 (50 STATE LEGAL) Product 1FW611-SCI

BrianH87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT ; 2021 Explorer ST
Keep in mind the MAF moves location in this specific kit and is not preferable (some will not even tune) for any aftermrket tuning. If you are always to keep the Procharger dedicated tune and whatnot, it'll be a non-issue.
I didn't know that tuners don't like to tune with the MAF in the IC. What do guys usually do? Move it to one of the charge pipes, like the other kits? Anyone know who specifically may tune this setup as it sits? I'm not planning on doing this anytime soon, but maybe in the future.
Sponsored

Logan@Lethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
First Name
Logan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 3.0L Whipple
I didn't know that tuners don't like to tune with the MAF in the IC. What do guys usually do? Move it to one of the charge pipes, like the other kits? Anyone know who specifically may tune this setup as it sits? I'm not planning on doing this anytime soon, but maybe in the future.
Realistically, you can block the MAF port and buy the charge pipe with the MAF in it.. or weld your own flange.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
As far as I know All tuners will tune it with the Maf in the intercooler they just prefer it in the charge pipe but it’s only $30-$100 to make this change. I use this

2FD293FE-3F10-41BF-8BDB-C359BF6862D0.jpeg

Last edited:

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
As far as I know All tuners will tune it with the Maf in the intercooler they just prefer it in the charge pipe but it’s only $30-$100 to make this change. I use this

Who's pipe , link ?

OP
OP
Mustangpursuit

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Keep in mind the MAF moves location in this specific kit and is not preferable (some will not even tune) for any aftermrket tuning. If you are always to keep the Procharger dedicated tune and whatnot, it'll be a non-issue.
Due to vibrations or something? so the dedicated procharger already tune adjusts for that?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mustangpursuit

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase

But would the dedicated procharger tune even work with that or that is only for those who want to go further with custom tunes?

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
But would the dedicated procharger tune even work with that or that is only for those who want to go further with custom tunes?
You will need a custom tune. The maf scaling needs to match the charge pipe diameter. Any tuner can do it. I do my own with hptuners so if I can do it any tuner should have no problem

BrianH87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT ; 2021 Explorer ST
Jackson, are you running a separator? Trying to figure out which UPR one will work with this specific kit. There are lots of options, but I don't see one for this exact kit.

Logan@Lethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
First Name
Logan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 3.0L Whipple

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Jackson, are you running a separator? Trying to figure out which UPR one will work with this specific kit. There are lots of options, but I don't see one for this exact kit.
No I vent to atmosphere on both sides. Any should work

6D1FEBA3-9696-469C-8ECA-43225783E4E6.jpeg

Sponsored

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
There is no way to move it to the charge pipe on the CARB system due to the limitations of piping locations.

I personally daily drive my CARB kit with the MAF in the intercooler, and so does my GF. It runs and drives like stock, to the point she wouldn't have even known it was supercharged lol.

No issues with turbulence, or any sort of MAF error. Runs clean enough to pass CARB, hauls all the mail. :) Just needs better tires cause it knocks the tires off so bad, its crazy! Love me some 6R80 action. :)

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
There is no way to move it to the charge pipe on the CARB system due to the limitations of piping locations.

I personally daily drive my CARB kit with the MAF in the intercooler, and so does my GF. It runs and drives like stock, to the point she wouldn't have even known it was supercharged lol.

No issues with turbulence, or any sort of MAF error. Runs clean enough to pass CARB, hauls all the mail. :) Just needs better tires cause it knocks the tires off so bad, its crazy! Love me some 6R80 action. :)
I have a 2015 carb legal kit and I have moved the MAf from the I.C into the charge pipe so it’s absolutely possible

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Folks that turn up the 6 rib kits are doing the same as folks do with the brand "V" or "P" kits, and they add overdrive balancers and griptech pulleys. I am sure folks can make PLENTY of HP with a P1X CARB KIT... I know @beefcake has experience in this.

I plan on pushing mine pretty far in spring. (Mine is stock 2017 CARB STG2 KIT NOW)
I have a HO carb kit with the P1X and a 8rib setup it puts down just over 900 at the wheels I’m sure I could make a little bit more But I’m good with that

JCN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
20 Mustang GT, 14 F150, 23 F150
anyone have any info on the 1fw613 kit, where does the radiator tank wind up. one of the pictures above looks like it's in front of the stock air box. I look at my car and there's very little room there. I'm liking this kit but stuck on killing the warranty or not! thanks Jim

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
anyone have any info on the 1fw613 kit, where does the radiator tank wind up. one of the pictures above looks like it's in front of the stock air box. I look at my car and there's very little room there. I'm liking this kit but stuck on killing the warranty or not! thanks Jim
Yes it will move the expansion tank to the driver side in front of the airbox
Or just delete it if your cooling system can handle it.

18B3D02A-69DD-4E2D-B86F-632E2780B3DD.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited: