Sponsored

Anyone else's s550 mirrors do this?

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Its been doing this since I bought the car but of course does not do it at dealer. But only when I start the car it will sometimes do it all the time and then wont for a week and then every other day, there is no pattern to it.

Mostly passenger side but drivers will and sometimes both sides. Some times only a few pops but then others it will sit there for a good min and just pop pop pop pop...

I finally got it on video because most times it stops before I can get phone out and camera going.

Going to dealer is pointless because "unless they can recreate it".... and you know wont happen while at dealer.

I have a performance tune and an android tesla screen but it did it before either of those and its still doing it since I got both of those. And I know dealer will just blame one of those things for it.

Plus I really don't want dealer in there "guessing" and messing stuff up.

So taking long shot someone here might know what it is and how to stop it. anyway heres to hoping...

OH if it helps. 2019 GT premium with all options safe smart BLIS, sync3 and all that.
ezgif.com-gif-maker (1).gif
Sponsored

gamecoc430

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Mine has occasionally done exactly the same thing, both sides -- but not at the same time. I thought someone bumped into them or I shut the door too hard but that's not the problem. Not sure what causes it, or how to correct it. Mine's been doing that since 2017.

Triton54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
18 GT A-10 (mine) 17 GT pp, 6spd (wifes)
It's just at the top of its adjustment, just push it down so you have all the adjustability. It will just click, it also does this if it gets frozen, so someone won't break it if they try and adjust it down when frozen. It will just click and hold its new spot.

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary
mine do it sometimes... just push the down button when its doing it and it will stop right away... its something related with the self adjustment... nothing serious...

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
It's just at the top of its adjustment, just push it down so you have all the adjustability. It will just click, it also does this if it gets frozen, so someone won't break it if they try and adjust it down when frozen. It will just click and hold its new spot.
Well I thought that too but after it sits there and clicks clicks clicks... it then goes back to its normal spot where I have them set too which is no where near at the edges of its adjustability.

When I start the car they move all way to edge of adjustability spot click click click click for random times and then stop and move back to their set spot. And like I said they dont do it all the time. Some times they dont do it for a week or so and others every time i start the car.

I dont understand why they are trying to move in the first place away from where I have them set.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
mine do it sometimes... just push the down button when its doing it and it will stop right away... its something related with the self adjustment... nothing serious...
Glad IM not alone on this. I didnt think is was serious but I know its not normal. I know its clicking because it trying to move past its limits and Im afraid eventually it will break the post that goes into the motor or burn out the motor. Which of course will be after the warranty is up LOL

jwt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt
Its a ford problem, the expeditions and explorers do it as well, the colder it is the worse it gets. As you enter the car with a memory saved fob or memory position set the car is positioning your mirrors. Basically the computer loses track of where the mirror is and is trying to move it down or up at the end of its travel.

A few suggestions are that the first step the computer does is move the mirror a tiny amount in every direction to check it and assumes the increased resistance means its at the end of its travel so thinks it needs to move a lot but in fact the grease has thickened or there is ice behind the mirror.

Another is that the computer loses track for some reason of where the mirror is positioned after last shutdown and is now trying to move it past its max but that never explained to me why winter made it worse.

To quickly fix it temporarily use your mirror adjustment to reposition the mirror somewhere near where you want it to be and hit the memory button again, 9 times out of 10 it will reset properly to your preferred position.

There is a TSB somewhere on this but basically all the TSB does it tell the computer do it more slowly. :(

I know I have also had issue with ice build up behind the mirror where paring in a heated garage overnight has solved the problem for a week or so.

https://ford.oemdtc.com/4725/memory...-external-mirrors-glass-2015-2019-lincoln-mkc

or

SSM 47835

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
My 16 used to do it on occasion. I would hit the seat memory button and it would calm down.
Hasn't happened yet on my 20.

StealthFighter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BOB
Vehicle(s)
-2019 GT premium a10 -pp1 -Shadow Black loaded
It happens occasionally to mine when I just open a locked driver door with the fob in my pocket and sometimes when remote starting it.
It's really annoying and I know of no way to get it fixed, just a bunch of guesses none of which worked.

Sponsored

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Well I thought that too but after it sits there and clicks clicks clicks... it then goes back to its normal spot where I have them set too which is no where near at the edges of its adjustability.

When I start the car they move all way to edge of adjustability spot click click click click for random times and then stop and move back to their set spot. And like I said they dont do it all the time. Some times they dont do it for a week or so and others every time i start the car.

I dont understand why they are trying to move in the first place away from where I have them set.
I think it may have something to do with the programmed memory function - at least on my 2018 GT Premium it does. My driver side mirror does this on occasion when I hit the #2 setting (which moves the seat all the way up so a kid can crawl into the back). Try to adjust the mirror and resave the settings so your mirror doesn't move when you change the memory setting.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I was thinking this too but did yours do it randomly? some times mine does not do it for a week. and then sometimes its the drivers mirror. just seems no pattern.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
ok so Im guessing like others its the memory function. I guess ill clear the memory and set all mirrors to dead center and then reset everything and see. but im glad I have an issue this time that lots of others do LOL normally Im only one with said issue and no one knows.
Sponsored